Depends on Product and Cost
20%

Total votes: 30
witwillem
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: New Comms and Helmet Supplier

Postby witwillem » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:51 pm

My kreepie krawlie werk noggie beste alhoewel no duppel die prys (^^) williamwhite
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:21 pm

(^^)
vote yes.
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
schittenhelm
Found a flight school

Postby schittenhelm » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:59 pm

weedy wrote:
Tailspin wrote:Request Noted Claude. !!!!
That helmet you showed a screen shot of - the one with the enclosed ear - where is that available?
GodsGiftToAviation!!!
Alpha
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Alpha » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:27 am

schittenhelm wrote:
weedy wrote:
That helmet you showed a screen shot of - the one with the enclosed ear - where is that available?[/quote

Those exact ones are currently on import, however we are developing and will soon have a prototype for the SA Market. (^^) (^^) Will keep the forum posted.
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory - Flying is making moments, memories

ZS-WGT
ZU-AAS
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
weedy
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby weedy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:32 am

schittenhelm wrote:
weedy wrote:
That helmet you showed a screen shot of - the one with the enclosed ear - where is that available?

Hi its a picture from google search I posted just as an example.
Claude
Sideslip
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Sideslip » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:53 am

We at SkyReach (and I also in my personal capacity) previously promoted one of the brands that has taken a bit of a hiding here on the forum due to bad management/communications and we will therefore have to move on. The product was however very good.

My personal opinion on what could have been improved on, and from client feedback, I can offer the following:

Leaving the headset plugged in discharged the batteries - the system should be powered by aircraft electrical system.

I can guess the previous system we endorsed, used non-standard headset jacks to make sure their headsets were the only ones that would work with the system - but I believe if you standardize the jacks, you could get more business from the fixed wing marked without compromising the trike market. I.E, you might sell a lot more intercoms but maybe a few less headsets.

From a business point of view, offer excellent re-seller/fitment center incentives (and support) and choose your partners carefully. This automatically increases your sales force and reduces your workload as you can stick to production and R&D letting your re-sellers/fitters do almost everything else. Keep stock - you will turn over a lot more of the product if there is no waiting period.

Best of luck!
Mike Gill
Alpha
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Alpha » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:31 am

Sideslip wrote:We at SkyReach (and I also in my personal capacity) previously promoted one of the brands that has taken a bit of a hiding here on the forum due to bad management/communications and we will therefore have to move on. The product was however very good.

My personal opinion on what could have been improved on, and from client feedback, I can offer the following:

Leaving the headset plugged in discharged the batteries - the system should be powered by aircraft electrical system.

I can guess the previous system we endorsed, used non-standard headset jacks to make sure their headsets were the only ones that would work with the system - but I believe if you standardize the jacks, you could get more business from the fixed wing marked without compromising the trike market. I.E, you might sell a lot more intercoms but maybe a few less headsets.

From a business point of view, offer excellent re-seller/fitment center incentives (and support) and choose your partners carefully. This automatically increases your sales force and reduces your workload as you can stick to production and R&D letting your re-sellers/fitters do almost everything else. Keep stock - you will turn over a lot more of the product if there is no waiting period.

Best of luck!
Mike,

Thank you for a very informative and supportive post. I agree with you regarding the previous supplier and the product they delivered, and we will endeavour to produce the same if not better. All your comments have been noted and will definitely be doing development in that area. Due to the current size of the market and our entry into the market, we need to build our brand and reputation as we believe a good product is only as good as the support and service you provide, and therefore would like to keep the product as close to us as possible until the above mentioned criteria is achieved and maintained. Then we will look into resellers and fitters, so yes that is a definite line to look into, but we want to establish the brand first and in doing so keep supply flush and waiting periods, if any down to a minimum.

We really look forward to being the manufacturer and supplier of choice, and on top of that being totally South African...I believe this country needs to have manufacturers and they need to be supported in order for us to be self sustaining and grow.

Blue Sky Innovations would strive to achieve the supplier and service partner of choice and will always be available for any question, query or help where required...

We are here to keep you talking...

If you would like any further info, you can call:

Gary (aka Alpha) 061 405 9822
Gavin (aka Tailspin) 082 898 2145
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory - Flying is making moments, memories

ZS-WGT
ZU-AAS
witwillem
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby witwillem » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:14 am

I uses the creepy crawly pipe it works for me we i flies away i plug the radio in with the hedsaid and it works for me the headset musbe separte from the helmet for repairs witwillem
Werdus
Signed up at flight school

Postby Werdus » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:06 am

I have a set of Airmagic helmets with the headsets attached to the helmet itself. The headsets are rechargeable. Very fancy.
The one headset`s microphone has gone stone dead. Very frustrating.
So
I either need to have the headsets repaired,
or
Buy a new set.

Here where I live the options for either are very limited.
As I understand the makers of my particular brand of headset is not to be relied on for technical support, so if anyone knows of someone reliable who can repair my current set, I would much appreciate some contact details.

But,
For the long term I think I would like to buy a pair of helmets/headsets that work well with an intercom system that is not overcomplicated, works well with my radios and doesn`t require me go to Timbuktu to get hold of them.

My question is thus:
When is this new helmet and communications system going to see the light?
I will be in the market for something that works and keeps working.
Alpha
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Alpha » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Werdus wrote:I have a set of Airmagic helmets with the headsets attached to the helmet itself. The headsets are rechargeable. Very fancy.
The one headset`s microphone has gone stone dead. Very frustrating.
So
I either need to have the headsets repaired,
or
Buy a new set.

Here where I live the options for either are very limited.
As I understand the makers of my particular brand of headset is not to be relied on for technical support, so if anyone knows of someone reliable who can repair my current set, I would much appreciate some contact details.

But,
For the long term I think I would like to buy a pair of helmets/headsets that work well with an intercom system that is not overcomplicated, works well with my radios and doesn`t require me go to Timbuktu to get hold of them.

My question is thus:
When is this new helmet and communications system going to see the light?
I will be in the market for something that works and keeps working.
Hi Werdus,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these problems. Air Magic is a very capable comms system, but as you say, the aftermarket and technical support is lacking. Well. myself (Gary) and Gavin (Tailspin) have gone into this venture knowing all well what is required by you the pilots as we are pilots ourselves and understand the frustrations we all face when trying to get support or even new products.

We have launched our basic backchat system at the Potgietersrus fly in and must say it went very well. Just some background on the system. The backchat system is a re-invention of the old speak-eze system that was sold by comet aviation, however we have taken it on with a new vigour for the south african market.

Let me state the difference we bring to the aviators:
2 contacts available all the time
Basic system powered by aircraft
All components locally produced and manufactured
Costing that is easy on the pocket
Other brand intercomm repair
Helmets (With built in headset)
Intercomm installation and troubleshooting
Antennaes

This is just to name a few. Our intercomm systems will carry a 6 month swop out warranty which should build confidence in our brand.

So to answer your questions, we can repair and supply you with what you need. We will be available by phone anytime you have a question and we try to have a minimal 1 week turnaround on repairs. So Werdus, we are here to assist...let me know what I can do for you.

Regards

Gary (aka Alpha)
Gavin (aka Tailspin)
Blue Sky Innovations

ZS-WGT
ZU-AAS
TranSky
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby TranSky » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:47 am

Great.
Interested in a comm box that accepts diff headsets, plane powered, plug in for music/phone, possibly bluetooth, weatherproof, non ferous, attachment to 'standard' tubes, removable.
Alpha
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Alpha » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:22 am

TranSky wrote:Great.
Interested in a comm box that accepts diff headsets, plane powered, plug in for music/phone, possibly bluetooth, weatherproof, non ferous, attachment to 'standard' tubes, removable.
Watch this space...Feb next year a decent line up of product will be available. (^^) (^^)

ZS-WGT
ZU-AAS
Werdus
Signed up at flight school

Postby Werdus » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:46 pm

Gary and Gavin
Thank you for the positive feedback.
I will contact you guys later by phone to see if you can help me with my predicament and if we can do some business.
Regards
Werdus