Windlass Aquilla
Thunderbird MKII
Savannah VG
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: Microlighters Rock @ PTAR

Postby John Boucher » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:52 am

Many moons ago, I said that the microlighting fraternity is the breeding grounds for aviation and "real" pilots.... I suppose I'll take stick for that by the "blik pilots". I'm a PPL'er but did most of my training on a CCM (Cheetah) which was approved for PPL training at the time. I possibly never would have done my PPL if it hadn't been for the immense cost saving. Mainstream aviation mags ignored the rag and tube stuff - why - it did not appeal to their reader base! It is however time that the aviation community sits up and takes note of the "new kids" on the block - LSA type aircraft! The fraternity that MISASA represents has been a closely kept secret in this that the blik chaps have never realised how much fun it is to own a WCM, CCM or LSA and frowned upon the clan as being rogue and ruffian and outcasts.

I have a lot of friends that started out on microlights and now fly Cirrus' and RV's and the like, but if you ask them - when in your flying career, did you have the most fun - the answer is easy - when I was a microlighter!

Go figure. So, now we have 2 microlighters, having fun, going out and showing the gas guzzlers and faster aeries (yes, I was a nav in one of them bombing around the circuit at 175 knots) that grassroots aviation is very much a recreational sport that needs to be taken heed of!

On the fixed wing side, regrettably, the Sling, which as awesome product bred here in SA, has become slightly out of the reach of the commoner and this said without taking anything away from it and its fantastic successes over the last couple of years and its sound and excellent build quality ..... but fear not... if you cannot afford a Sling, just look at the other amazing offerings that are there to enjoy recreational aviation in SA - the Bush Cats, Cheetahs, Bush Babies, Bantams, Bat Hawks, Cubby's, Foxbats .... the list goes on ....

Bottom line is - microlights and (light) sport aeroplanes are the way to go!!!!! (^^)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
BIG-G
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby BIG-G » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:05 pm

(-) (^^) Well written John
P&M AVIATION SA. Quik GT450, Mainair and Pegasus Trikes
"Take Flight and Reach for the Sky"
kwk
Pre flight checks done

Postby kwk » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Awesome achievement for my oldest 2 flying buddies vhpy
Hak
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Hak » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:29 am

(^^) (^^) (^^) ROCK ROCK ROCK (^^) (^^)
"THe suspense is terrible. I hope it will last."
AWACS
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby AWACS » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Congrats guys, well done.
We'll see you there next year in our Sling (!!)
Raptor 582
ZU-Sling 2