Hangarage KZN South Coast??

Matters of general interest
goldie
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Hangarage KZN South Coast??

Postby goldie » Thu May 07, 2015 6:59 am

I am relocating to the Uvongo KZN,south coast area and need hanger space for my Bantam.
Prefer a small private field, any ideas??
Thanks, Mike
The great thing about getting older is that you don't have to prove yourself anymore.
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Hangarage KZN South Coast??

Postby vernon11 » Thu May 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Halloo Mike. And a hearty welcome to the South Coast. Unfortunately Margate is going to be your only option. I fly from Munster, but unfortunately we don't have any hangarage available. We only have one large hangar, but have a trike, foxbat, challenger, and a 182. also some of the owners equipment.
Good luck, and hope to see you in the air or on the ground soon. when do you intend moving down?
Regards,
Vernon.
goldie
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby goldie » Fri May 08, 2015 6:28 am

Hi Vernon,
Thanks for the info. I now fly from my own strip on our farm, so not really interested in all the "big boy" formalities with Margate!!
Should be relocating by September this year, so if you hear of anything, please let me know..............otherwise there will be another Bantam
for sale!............ On second thoughts, I was born 3 years after V-E day , so maybe time to hang up the goggles!
Mike
The great thing about getting older is that you don't have to prove yourself anymore.
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Fri May 08, 2015 6:38 am

goldie wrote:On second thoughts, I was born 3 years after V-E day , so maybe time to hang up the goggles!
Mike
WHY?? You still have at least another 10 years flying left. I know a few pilots on the wrong side of 70 still flying!!
Now is actually the time to enjoy your flying. We are just back from a week's flying at Margate and the Wild coast, it was awesome. vhpy (^^)
DSC_0038_s.jpg
DSC_0038_s.jpg (39.57 KiB) Viewed 791 times
DSC_0040_s.jpg
DSC_0040_s.jpg (39.72 KiB) Viewed 791 times
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Fri May 08, 2015 7:50 am

Try and meet up with a sugar cane farmer and inquire who does crop spraying. Must be several farms who have either strips for crop sprayers to refill or who fly direct from farms.

Plenty farmers fly from their barns.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Fri May 08, 2015 5:42 pm

goldie wrote:Hi Vernon,
Thanks for the info. I now fly from my own strip on our farm, so not really interested in all the "big boy" formalities with Margate!!
Should be relocating by September this year, so if you hear of anything, please let me know..............otherwise there will be another Bantam
for sale!............ On second thoughts, I was born 3 years after V-E day , so maybe time to hang up the goggles!
Mike
I am pushing 73. Still very young for flying. ## ## ## If I hear of anything, I will let you know. would you be in a position to build a small hanger/ That could possibly work with us. Not necc brick and morter, but shade cloth sides and zinc roof. We really have a fantastic place. Speak to any of the blokes that were down recently for the week.
Cheers,
Vernon.
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Fri May 08, 2015 5:54 pm

Tumbleweed wrote:Try and meet up with a sugar cane farmer and inquire who does crop spraying. Must be several farms who have either strips for crop sprayers to refill or who fly direct from farms.

Plenty farmers fly from their barns.
The only farmer with a runway that I am aware of is Syd Langdon. That is a long way from Uvongo. The other Runway close to Port Shepston, is a no no. :cry: :cry: He does not allow any aircraft to land at his place. It is called Delta Golf.

Cheers,
Vernon.
goldie
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby goldie » Sun May 10, 2015 6:53 am

Thanks for all the feedback. Will contact you Vernon, when I am in your area,

Regards, Mike
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Sun May 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Will wait for your call.