Movember - Good Cause help

Matters of general interest
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Movember - Good Cause help

Postby pietmeyer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:34 am

Hi Guys

This is not aviation related but I just have to share the following. Normally I do not get involved with all kinds of these "hyped up" type of campaigns to get money for all kinds of different diseases or charity etc. as I am one of those who always want to know if the money goes to the right place and not end up in some other guys pocket.

I own my own small business and do donate to specific people in need and where I can see that the right people gets the help they need. I started to donate blood platelets to a young girl who had leukaemia who was told by the doctors that she would not live to see 5 years old. This girls grew up to be 15 years old with the help of a few people who donated blood platelets etc. I sat through the 2 hour process every 30 days for 3 years and stopped when the girl passed away last year. The thing was that I knew who I was doing it for and could see in her that we can make a difference and ease some of the burdens.

Last week my daughters informed me that a boy in their class (Grade 11 in Eldoraigne High School) was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer (not 100% sure as to what and how) that has spread basically all over his body. This is a boy who, in his mind would be going to Grade 12, finish school and go study and start the rest of his life. Well life just threw him a curve ball.

I have decided to take the bat and help with this curve ball. I have pledged R1000 to his campaign and thereafter R500 each month as I am no match for blood and cannot help him in the same way I did the young girl.

I normally do not ask anybody for help but made this promise to see where I can get some more help. The school has set up an account to help the parents with their growing medical costs and if anybody out there would like to help, it would be greatly appreciated. His name is Austin and if you need any info with regards to this, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can either refer you to the school or even parents.

any donations, even R5 can be made to the following but please use the reference number so that the school knows that the money is for Austin

Eldoraigne High School
Absa Wierda Park
Branch Code: 336345
Account: 3260170944 use reference: 910/309

For those that can help, much appreciated.
Piet Meyer
Jabi J400 ZU-DUU (Wonderboom)
Horned Adder
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Re: Movember - Good Cause help

Postby Horned Adder » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:51 am

Done!
To fly is Heavenly but to Hover is Divine!
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby pietmeyer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 am

Thanks. Much appreciated. (^^)
Piet Meyer
Papillon
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby Papillon » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:50 am

Done
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby pietmeyer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks. (^^)
Piet Meyer
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby pietmeyer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:21 am

the school will send all the money donated to the parents medical bills. I do appreciate everybody that helps. You guys rock. I tried posting this on the Avcom website but seems it was removed by the moderators. Just proves again that Microlighters are awesome. (^^) (^^) (^^)
Piet Meyer
Horned Adder

Postby Horned Adder » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:50 am

pietmeyer wrote:the school will send all the money donated to the parents medical bills. I do appreciate everybody that helps. You guys rock. I tried posting this on the Avcom website but seems it was removed by the moderators. Just proves again that Microlighters are awesome. (^^) (^^) (^^)
Avcom has unfortunately become a forum that no one that is factual or serious wants to be a part of! The good guys are gone or banned.......
To fly is Heavenly but to Hover is Divine!
Lieb Liebenberg
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby Lieb Liebenberg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:28 pm

DONE. Please keep us up to date ! <*>
aka: IMPI