Illegal flying

Matters of general interest
bryan
Whats the right frequency?

Illegal flying

Postby bryan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:58 am

Jip many of us have probably bent or broken the rules or laws sometime. So in the spirit of trying to mend my ways, I must appeal to some guys I have heard of, PLEASE get your licences fixed up. A few recent events in my life and fellow pilots lives have sparked me into encouraging those of you who are flying illegally to get it sorted. Note Well , I am not criticizing you, I am not pointing fi gers, I am merely suggesting you sort the problem. I heard ov ond club who has gone so far as to organize a get together for any of the local pilots to come along and somebody would assist in whatever way possible wether it be to get ATF s up to date or renewals done. What a great idea. Some guys have trikex parked and do not fly them because the paprwork has gone too far out of date. Othrr guys needs some encouragement just to re apply for their licence. Lets see if we can help get them flying again.
Regards
Bryan
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Illegal flying

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Good post.

Maybe in the spirit of reconciliation, Raasa could indemnify the pilots and waive the arrears. vhpy
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Bryan... COMMENDABLE!!!! (^^) (^^) (^^)

I doff my my hat sir....
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
avgas
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby avgas » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Good plan (^^) (^^) (^^)
Anyone in need of advice/assitance in the limpopo area give me a mail or call and let's get you sorted with ATF's or license issues. :wink:
If I can't help I should be able to point you in the right direction. 8)

Richard
O82 49O 6227
Real men don't have to kill a Rhino for a Horn
Balls to the wall
bryan

Postby bryan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Well Done Richard. Now we cooking on gas. Come guys lets keep this trike spirit alive. We are in general known to be a great bunch. Lets show the world we are passionate about this great form of flying.
Regards
Bryan
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Good post. If life - in all its various soulsucking forms - gets in the way of remaining current, do what I did this year - take a Sabbatical from flying, until you feel ready again to get all sorted, and back up in the sky - legally.

I haven't flown since January. My ATF lapsed early in Feb. But other things took so much of my time and mental space that - even when I HAD time - I felt too tired and pissed of to go through the schlepp of getting current on my trike.

Stand back, tell yourself that there will be time again in future to fly, and attend the pressing issues. (You won't enjoy flying in any event because it will feel like a "job")

Just got of the phone with Mervyn Reynolds - trailering up my Witchy Woman this Sunday afternoon to Microland, and spending time Monday morning on what needs to be done to get her current again. Then, when done,(even if it takes weeks), two hours with a safety instructor in the back and getting back on the horse again: - and this December will again see the "Geel Gevaarte" doing all sorts of crop inspection over the Highveld Mielielande.

(Thanks Bundy for giving perspective and getting my arse into gear!)

DON'T fly illegal. Step away and sort the shit that keeps you from taking the time to be current. Then, later, when you feel right again - go and fly. In the meantime - do some drinking and some fishing. (-)
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:06 pm

(^^) Asterix.....
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:19 am

Not always intentional. Had'nt flown my trike sinceJan, charged batteries, good wash and pre-flight and bombed a good couple of cross wind circuits to feel current again.

Next day checked my license for insurance and find my ATF had expired a month ago. :oops: :)
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:11 am

So there we go Tumbles...

Chaps, add that to the checklist - All items valid - CHECK!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Louis Cole

Postby Louis Cole » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:51 am

Asterix wrote:Good post. If life - in all its various soulsucking forms - gets in the way of remaining current, do what I did this year - take a Sabbatical from flying, until you feel ready again to get all sorted, and back up in the sky - legally.

I haven't flown since January. My ATF lapsed early in Feb. But other things took so much of my time and mental space that - even when I HAD time - I felt too tired and pissed of to go through the schlepp of getting current on my trike.

Stand back, tell yourself that there will be time again in future to fly, and attend the pressing issues. (You won't enjoy flying in any event because it will feel like a "job")

Just got of the phone with Mervyn Reynolds - trailering up my Witchy Woman this Sunday afternoon to Microland, and spending time Monday morning on what needs to be done to get her current again. Then, when done,(even if it takes weeks), two hours with a safety instructor in the back and getting back on the horse again: - and this December will again see the "Geel Gevaarte" doing all sorts of crop inspection over the Highveld Mielielande.

DON'T fly illegal. Step away and sort the shit that keeps you from taking the time to be current. Then, later, when you feel right again - go and fly. In the meantime - do some drinking and some fishing. (-)
James welkom terug en as jy blyplek en vervoer nodig het, skree maar.
Loneranger
ZU-CEX Raptor 618
25 52.869' S 027 54.940' E
(http://www.opencockpit.co.za)
"Reach for your dreams"
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:27 am

Asterix wrote:Good post. If life - in all its various soulsucking forms - gets in the way of remaining current, do what I did this year - take a Sabbatical from flying, until you feel ready again to get all sorted, and back up in the sky - legally.

...and yet I still have trouble convincing people of the hidden medicinal value of a bottle of Rum? :lol: (especially my wife... :lol: )

James welcome back my friend. You are a passionate (and I would add often misunderstood) aviator.... it will be great to know that you are back in the air where you belong. (^^)

If you need space for the trailer you are welcome to put it in our hanger...Johannes has a key for it, just ask him to open it for you. :)

WRT Legalities and compliance....yes the onus is ultimately on us, but....

I would like to see an attitude displayed by the authorities where they go out of their way to assist pilots who have lapsed or are limited by distance to services etc etc.
To me.... complying with the law (regarding paperwork) is an "administrative process", whereby safety is an "attitude". Whether it's CAA or RAASA...they should view themselves not as Administrators....but rather as Service providers. In other words.....be an assistant....not an official. :wink:
There will be a far greater desire to comply when the authorities display a similar desire....to help! :wink:

When a pilot, regardless of what has been transpiring previously (illegal flying) shows the willingness and intent to now get his/her affairs in order, then the authorities must do whatever they can to assist that pilot in doing so. Forget the past (indiscretions and illegalities) and move into a better and legal future. That way everybody wins and a better relationship between the two is born. (!!)

Fly safe....and get legal! (^^)
Sukkelaar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Sukkelaar » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:32 am

I think im starting to be Chinese

Posted from avcom

"I feel for your views on this. After attending an international aviation conference in China a few weeks back, there was an interesting observation:

China is so restrictive on private aviation that it is pretty well impossible to fly. Now, one would think that in an authoritarian society like China, everyone would knuckle under and try to follow the rules, but surprisingly the opposite has happened. There are reportedly a whole bunch of aviators who don't give a rats arse about the regulations and just go fly without the relevant licences or permits. They just risk the consequences and pay the fines, but after putting up as much resistance as possible.

And I'm not talking about just people who fly Jabis. Many of these are wealthy people flying business jets around.

Unfortunately, imposing unreasonable rules and regulations has just the opposite to the desired effect: it creates a culture of non-compliance and contempt for authority.

And that is where we are going in SA."

I think thats its time we set up some sort of resistance, government will sqeese and sqeese untill flying is dead, cause they know that us pale skins just love to follow the rules whatever they may be.

Regards
Kyk Noord
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:59 am

N ou moet net nie SO diep wegsak in die daaglikse wroeging, dat jy herhaalde oproepe en voicemails van jou vlieg-pelle begin ignoreer nie.!!!
Welkom terug en hoop om jou November by Potties se brekkie te sien. !!
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:42 am

(^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^)
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
BOOMARANG
Survived first engine out
Survived first engine out

Postby BOOMARANG » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:12 pm

After being retrenched etc. etc. I was out of the flying thing for two years. Recently bought a trike that last had an ATF in 2009. with great advice and assistance from Fred Brockland and RAASA I now have a valid ATF for it. My license expired a year ago and on top of that my pilot logbook was stolen . Again RAASA , and in particular Janine at RAASA , was very helpful and assisted me. I will be going for the flight test after the 23rd of this month and then I am up in the air again!

Although I never flew illegal I at one point though I will not fly again because of my expired silence and the long overdue ATF for the trike. However, when I started to tackle the problem I found that it was actually easy to rectify and had all sorted in a week. I am now bankrupt due to all the Aroclub, Misasa, RAASA, AP, CAA etc fees , but I am legal. Just and idea on the cost:

CAA R570.00
AEROCLUB R350.00
MISASA R390.00
RAASA R290.00
ICASA R140.00
Flight test R900.00
AP INSPECTION R600.00
ATF RENEWAL R200.00
LISENCE RENEWAL R290.00
Total R3,730.00
BOOMARANG