The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Interesting article on news24

Postby Triker » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:05 pm

LoneRunner
Looking at the sky

Re: Interesting article on news24

Postby LoneRunner » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Jeez! happy i wasn't on that flight.. would have laid an egg on the seat :mrgreen: but like the writer said, clear air turbulence is a bastard and will remain so for as long as man tread in the sky.. whether you ride the jet-streams or fly at 8000ft, if you do it long enough you might just find out why the manufacturers has bothered to put a turbulence penetration speed in the handbook of the craft you are flying. this phenomena can creep into your flight path like a spook in the night and easily catch you with your pants on the knees and then knowing the correct speed even doesn't help.
Personally has experienced one micro burst South West of Olifantshoek and only ground effect allowed me to fly out of it ... two CATs, one north of Lanseria just before the Magalies mountains and one in the Danielskuil area in the Northern Cape. When you approach such area , normally there's a little voice that's trying to tell you all is not well ahead and even looking out for a abnormality it still caught me out.
As for all the racist comments.... it makes me want to puke! We are all racists and the many braais, bashes,fly outs and campfire stories i attended proves it, so it really annoys me when the liberal angels come to forth when somebody is watching... and as for the sparking comment, it was a cheap shot and uncalled for.
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Interesting article on news24

Postby Alkemac » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:27 pm

I guess the same holds true for coming across these..Sit in the pub and stay there until the urge to fly passes (-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ea-51.html
ZU-DODO