3 Axis training in Gauteng/Pretoria

Matters of general interest
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

3 Axis training in Gauteng/Pretoria

Postby Rudix » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:10 am

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for 3 axis (MPL) training in the Pretoria area, can anyone suggest a school or instructor ? I want to do the training in a short period of time so if I can fly almost every day (weather permitting) that would be great.

Thanks for the info !

Regards,
Rudi
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
Thunderboy
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Thunderboy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:46 am

Try some of the guys around Kitty Hawk or Rhino?
PM agent for an instructor at Rhino

Not sure where you are in PTA, crosswinds is pretty close off the R28 Krugersdorp but you probably still looking at least half an hours drive from PTA
Thunderbird ZU-ECX
t-bird
Top Gun
Top Gun

re

Postby t-bird » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:28 pm

Give Dave Naude at Aerosud a call. They fly Jabiru’s from Swartkop and you can do your MPL or PPL on them. He is also rated on Thunderbird’s and Aviatika’s .
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:24 am

Thanks guys !

I have 2 options lined up now, an instructor at Rhino, we are just waiting to see if a plane is available, and Aerosud. Aerosud is a good option but they, at first, insisted that I do the ground school first before I start flying and they can't even tell me when the next ground school starts ! Dave did say that he can make a plan to get around that so the option is still good.

In a month's time I should have my own plane so that would make it easier as well but I do not want to waste the month. I am still busy with Trike training so the hours are slowly adding up.

Thanks again for the advice !
Regards,
Rudi
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:59 pm

Ok, I have, after a false start (and wasted time/money), found my instructor, as well as a home (Petit) for my plane, thanks to this forum !

Lesson learned, get some references before starting training with any instructor, they are not all the same ! What works for one might not work for the rest !

Thanks everyone,
Regards,
Rudi
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:10 pm

demon wrote:Or Andy Kasperson at Petite
Thanks Demon ! This turned out to be the best option for me. Andy is very professional and knows his stuff ! Petite was also the only airstrip around my area that could help me with a hanger large enought for my plane. After seeing some other hangers it is great to get a clean, well maintained one with a cement floor and sliding doors ! You should see some of the ones offered :roll:

Regards,
Rudi
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:43 pm

demon wrote:good stuff - gibe the bald bomber my regards 8)
I will visit one morning/arvie for coffee soon :)
:D Ok ! will do, hope to see you there soon,

Regards,
Rudi
emil
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby emil » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:31 pm

:roll:
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:01 pm

Did some trike hrs with said bald bomber. Nice little setup he has there, just getting there by road a :? . neighbours also full of S :shock: . Enjoy it.... Would have liked to join trip from Cato, but real life getting in way.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:37 am

RV4ker wrote:Did some trike hrs with said bald bomber. Nice little setup he has there, just getting there by road a :? . neighbours also full of S :shock: . Enjoy it.... Would have liked to join trip from Cato, but real life getting in way.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Hi RV4ker,

I agree, nice setup, I was impressed by the hangers, compared to some of the places around here.... Going there by road is not to bad for me, about 42km of quiet back roads, nice trip on the bike as well ! It seems to be quite active, even had a Harvard there the other day !

Wish you could make the trip from Cato ! Currently it looks like it will be Cato to Newcastle (140 miles), Newcastle to Secunda (100 miles) and Secunda to Petit (57 miles). I would have liked a stop between Cato and Newcastle with fuel !

Happy flying,
Rudi