The 2014 MISASA "Shootout" KittyHawk 8th Feb

Matters of general interest
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

The 2014 MISASA "Shootout" KittyHawk 8th Feb

Postby Bundy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Good day to all of you.

As you will see on the Tedderfield thread, the EXCO has had to cancel the original format and we have decided to host an ALL NEW "Shootout" Fly in at the well known Kitty Hawk Airfield just east of Pretoria.

Date: Saturday 8th February 2014
Time: Sunrise till LATE. (!!)
Venue: FAKT
FAKT Pamphlet.jpg
We are reverting back to the Shootout's original format and what we offer you the member is a fun filled day of Hangertalk and Cammeraderie. We encourage (as in all previous editions) ALL Suppliers to come and display their aviation related products at the airfield on the day. There is no charge for entrance nor for a ground static display.The Event is open to ALL members and subsections of the AeroClub of South Africa and pilots and their guests.

We invite all pilots to fly in to the airfield and join in the fun. Std Joining procedures will apply. No Aerial Displays or flypasts will be allowed due to the Fly in nature of the event. Food will be on sale throughout the day and a cash bar/cooldrinks will be available as well. I am currently finalising the catering options and we encourage you all to stay for the evening's entertainment where ABBOTT AND CRABB will keep the fingers clicking and the feet tapping long into the night. Braai fires will set the mood for what we believe will be a great evening.

I am working on possible camping arrangements/sleeping quarters and will post these options as soon as possible for those of you who are travelling from far.

Please keep checking here for details as they emerge. I will keep you all up to speed as the Committee and I work on the final arrangements.

Come see, come chat, come fly.....just don't miss it folks! (!!)

See you there! (!!) (^^) (!!) (^^)
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

MISASA Tedderfield Event 8 Feb Moves to Kitty Hawk

Postby alanmack » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Posted on Behalf of the Event Organising Committee

2014 SPOILT FOR CHOICE LEADERBOARD SHOOTOUT Scheduled for Tedderfield on 8 February 2014 has been cancelled.

Background to the event
We have, for some years, held the vision of an event that grows each year. We hoped that some day it would be the premier South African aviation showcase. Certainly pilots, of all persuasions, want to see what is new. Suppliers being offered a fully paid for event with no entrance fees and which is supported with promotional material worth hundreds of thousands of rands must be unique and valued by them.

Small change to the programme

The Kitty Hawk Shootout will have no airshow elements to it. In this respect only, we are changing the nature of the event. The event will be fully catered with breakfast, lunch and dinner options. Beverages, snacks and bar will be available. In addition, MISASA will sponsor Abbot and Crab for the evenings entertainment. Hangar talk will again run wild before the brave take to the night under their wings! We will announce alternative sleeping arrangements and transport to local accommodation is being finalised.

2012 was a huge success as was 2013
In effect, it is but a reversal to what it was in 2012. SUPPLIERS ARE WELCOME. There is no charge for entrance nor for a ground static display. We have no less of an appetite for our original vision. Suppliers will be showcased, in full colour print, in promotional literature at no charge. All that changes now is that we will work with all affiliated sub-sections of the Aero-Club to rebuild a programme of events and to offer a spectacular day that showcases aviation like no other.

SEE YOU AT KITTY HAWK ON 8 FEBRUARY 2014 - All are welcome

Will all suppliers please register their confirmation to display on Microlighters or on AVCOM
Why has this become necessary?

Quite simply the ball park has changed and the regularity and governing authorities have not issued the necessary clearances for us to host what has been an amazingly successful event for a few years. We now move to Kitty Hawk to host a day that requires no sanction or approval other than from the Kitty Hawk Committee with whom we will work to create better and better aviation showcases in this and future years.

We hope that you will support the event - the draw for a free trip to Oshkosh will now happen at Kitty Hawk. Suppliers can add DEALS that we will promote to their listings at http://www.eGauteng.info where we have an online "Expo" that provides details of suppliers. CLICK HERE to see it. http://www.egauteng.info/mall-busbusiness.php?cat=22
If a supplier is not listed and you will be there - please email your information to Thelma Boucher at admin@misasa.org

To all concerned that devoted time to trying to make the event work at Tedderfield. Thank you.
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: MISASA Tedderfield Event 8 Feb Moves to Kitty Hawk

Postby Bundy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Please see the new Kitty Hawk "Shootout" Thread (!!)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22471

It will be updated as the final arrangements progress.... :)
bobthebuilder
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Re: The 2014 MISASA "Shootout" KittyHawk 8th Feb

Postby bobthebuilder » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi Alan,

Why was the venue changed?
Byron Kirkland
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Nice,
gives more people the opportunity to attend. We will be there
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
Le Pou
First solo

Postby Le Pou » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:54 pm

I attended the Tedderfield event last year and was very impressed. I am not sure what the change is all about but I will be at Kittyhawk as I am sure you will again arrange a top class event!

Best wishes,
Roy
President
EAA Chapter 973
Krugersdorp
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:27 am

bobthebuilder wrote:Hi Alan,

Hi Byron, without going into too much detail, there were numerous issues that proved too much for us but it boils down to three major points.

1: The restrictions and requirements placed upon us by the Authorities.
2: The prohibitive cost of insurance to host the event which we simply cannot afford.
3: Lack of catering options at FATA.

With a move to FAKT and the removal of the aerial displays, we have taken care of these issues.
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby falconp1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:35 am

Hi Bundy.

Is this a fly-in or am I confused. Since when do you need insurence to host a fly-in :?:
What kind of restrictions are the CAA imposing. The cattering was just fine in my opinion.

Just a little peeved that this great event has been moved from the South. (**)

Rant Off

Regards
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
freddievanrooyen@yahoo.com
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:06 am

Freddie I'd need a few pages to go through all the details.... No, you do not need insurance for a normal fly in as we are now hosting. The 2013 event was not a normal fly in and included a mini airshow.... but after the Glen Dell accident, the requirements for this have moved to those of a full blown airshow! JB spent months putting this all together, but the challenges were unassailable in the end. He deserves a ticket to Mauritius in my opinion for his effort. (^^)

FAKT is better suited to our event needs in the absence of the airshow component, was a tough decision for all concerned but the only logical choice in the end. :)

A detailed programme of events will be finalised by next week.

Make a plan boys, gonna be a great day at Kittyhawk. (!!) (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:12 pm

KFA wrote:Nice,
gives more people the opportunity to attend. We will be there
Great to have you guys Stefan! (^^)

Andrew Pappas in the "Bathawk" will also be joining us from Nelspruit. (^^)

Please let me know (Suppliers) who will be attending and I will add your names to the on going list of who will be in attendance.

Cheers. (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Just an Aerial view of the Airfield for those not familiar. :)
FAKT.jpg
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:00 pm

A great pity, especially after all the effort and man hours required to get to just this stage.

Contrats to the vollenteers who give up their time for our benefit.

Sadly, I believe that even with display pilots vollenteering their services, the beaurocrats have ensured that displays and airshows will be diluted and restricted to military, government assistance or established infrastructure like Rand and still requiring serious sponsorship for insurance and other issues.

Unless of course someone can light a fire under the municipalities arses and donate around 100 grand for one day's event.

I think anyone who is interested in even hosting fly ins and fly comps should join up for the RAASA safety officer's course in Feb. Go a long way to avoid disapointment and liabilities.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:28 am

Tumbleweed wrote:A great pity, especially after all the effort and man hours required to get to just this stage.
Certainly not something that needs explaining to you Leon...you've been there too. :)

As Freddie Mercury would have said.... "The show must go on"

The Line Up so far....

We have decided in the interests of safety to retain the AFIS services for the day. So this will be NOTAMMED accordingly.

Camping/Overnighting Arrangements and Restaurant menu being finalised. (^^)

Cash bar and cooldrinks Available all day.

"Oshkosh" Draw to take place on the day! (Don't forget to renew your fees folks!) (^^)

Static Displays by Aviation Suppliers and Manufacturers! (^^)

"Open mic" Presentation Slots available! Our PA will be up and running. (^^)

"Evening braai" with ABBOT and CRABB. (^^)

GEES GEES GEES...fun for the whole family! (!!)
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Robbie Shaw » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:57 pm

bobthebuilder wrote:Hi Alan,

Rather send him a pm ...
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:38 am

A Jumping Castle has been booked to keep the kids entertained. (^^)