Modding and locks

Matters of general interest
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Modding and locks

Postby skybound® » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:58 pm

To be upfront and in perspective - I do have a significant involvement in that forum that you all like to bash so take the comments I have to make from where it comes.

Now that is out of the way - locking of the Wave Skimming topic - may not send the correct message. It may be perceived that sensitive topics concerning safety are taboo. If they are - well then I am in the wrong place to begin with.

The topic itself does add huge value, and should be allowed to continue. Agreed - moderate/delete the posts that play the man/men and not the ball, but do allow the value adding posts to stand and allow the topic to continue.
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: Modding and locks

Postby Bundy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi SB,

I think there have been less than 10 locked topics in the past year, the only real "modding" that takes place is the removal of spam and the occasional moving of a topic to the correct sub forum. EG hanger talk to Tech.... etc etc.

I really don't want to revisit this... the mods have no problem with a healthy and positive debate but enough is enough. Keeping the good spirit of this forum is more important than any topic. :)
It is the fundamental reason why very little moderation has been needed in the past.

The mods were all in agreement in this regard. xxx
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:17 am

Rog, I think Bundy has covered the bases and Morph and I have on numerous occasions posted our thoughts on this matter, and ALL with fair warning.

I will UNLOCK the thread but I am going to delete all the comments of a sarcastic and personal nature!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
skybound®
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby skybound® » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:17 pm

100% - thanks John.

Modding is never easy - and if it was a non value adding post would probably have done the same. vhpy
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:46 pm

skybound® wrote:The topic itself does add huge value, and should be allowed to continue. Agreed - moderate/delete the posts that play the man/men and not the ball, but do allow the value adding posts to stand and allow the topic to continue.
The topic has been unlocked. The issue was not with the topic, it was the fact that it was hijacked for reasons not related to this forum. I agree that this is a very important topic and should be allowed to continue. Hopefully Asterix will see that and remove his own X's and Demon will return. Here's to wishful thinking

BTW just because a member calls for the banning of another doesn't mean that this is the policy of this forum, nor does it mean the Mods will comply. We have only ever banned 2 people and one of them was banned, snuck back under a pseudonym, but alas his atrocious use of language gave him away and he was sent into cyberspace, with no parachute.

Let's all play nicely now, there's a lekker big sky out there, and lots of toys to play in it, let's keep that the focus.
Greg Perkins
Turbo
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Turbo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Agree with Bundy -- the biggest reason the Automotive industry is so 'ugly' is because of all the "keyboard ninjas" who have day jobs -- and they are so opinioated that people get into arguments -- this is what modding should prevent in my opinion.