Ramp Inspection Checklist-no response??

Matters of general interest
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Ramp Inspection Checklist-no response??

Postby Tumbleweed » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:06 pm

1: CC of Cert of Registration (or digital scan on I pad/I phone) Copy in a file is fine
2: CC of ATF (or digital scan on I pad/I phone) Copy.
3: Pilots licence and Medical Cert (Original) or Copy
4: POH no. why? Available at the hangar or 7 days on request
5: Basic fist aid kit Be careful. Open to interpretation. Rather say " At pilots discretion'
6: Cellphone. Not compulsary. Open to interpretation
7: Current Map of the area If outside of 50 mile radius. You can't read one in open cocpit anyway.
A fire extinguisher in a trike is useless once airbourne...so why put it on the list. Pilot's discretion
Keep weight & balance as well as compass/ swings as per the last annual AP Inspection approval. Open to interpretation.
Radio base license
The simpler the requirements are, the easier it will be for our members to comply to them
Also the less chance an over zealous inspector can interpret his conformance to ppl requirements
Add to file- tel contacts of; next of kin, search & Rescue, hangar buddy or contact of flying club, AP, as well as any chronic medication i.e. bee / allergies, diabetic, hypertension tabs e.t.c.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Bundy wrote.... ## ## ##
5: Basic fist aid kit
Are you referring to "knuckle dusters" ? If we get that put in, the inspector knows he is going to get moered!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:00 pm

Why do you need a certified copy of anything. In most cases either CAA or RAASA will send you an electronic copy of something like an ATF or a PFA. When the sh#$t hits the fan you will be required to produce the original. If you don't then it's just another thing they can nail you on. I am talking about local flights and not international. Everything is a phone call away.
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Well Stefan, if you can change the lay of the land - awesome! I don't think there is any place that you can walk into today from doing FICA right through to entering your kid into school without that legal requirement. We are hoping to go a step further that you can keep the required doc's on your I-Pad, Tab, Smartphone and when said inspector arrives with his barrage of questions, the file can be e-mailed to him immediately.... however, I can tell you now this is not going to pan or be accepted (if current processes in SA are anything to go by!)

If we can get the reduced ramp check list requirement with the docs being certified, then it is just a step in the right direction.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:13 am

John Boucher wrote:Bundy wrote.... ## ## ##
5: Basic fist aid kit
Are you referring to "knuckle dusters" ? If we get that put in, the inspector knows he is going to get moered!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That depends if he has good manners or not! :twisted:

The FIRST aid kit: ^
Bandages, gauze, thermal blanket (shock...and can also double as a good "signal strip"!), plasters, burn dressings, and a pair of scissors. This kit needs to be nothing more than a basic kit used to do simple first aid untill help arrives. You can buy these types of kit at any shop that sells safety equip for the workplace...bought a full kit for myself the other day in Silverton at under R160. :)

Cellphone to me should be essential equip! It has all your "Next of kin" in it, (ICE numbers) and it also is sometimes the only means by which to track your location. It is also sometimes the only means by which you can request help after an oopsie...with a call to Liewe Heksie/ATNS.

Easy to carry your original licence booklet with you. Its small, contains lots of info and fits snuggly into your top pocket. It's the flight folio/logbooks that I deem unnecessary to have on board. Rather have my saddle bags filled with other items...flask of coffee, water, a sarmie or two, tool kit and some spare parts like plug's, cable ties, safety wire, exhaust springs etc etc.

Like I said...keep the list as short and simple as possible for the compulsory stuff. Pilots who wish to carry extra items they deem necessary can then do so at their own discretion.

Over and out. :)
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:43 am

About the radio license.Get a sticker and plak it behind the handheld or on the pod or workdesk on the trike.Paperwork onboard asless as possible.Agree with John to keep the original in a safe place.Less is best.If it is bad day you can submitted the papers with in 7 days.
FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD.Aerotrike Scout 503 ZU-CAI.
PeterGrant
Signed up at flight school

Postby PeterGrant » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:44 am

My thoughts:

WCM
1. Pilot's Licence, Medical Certificate, MISASA membership certificate
2. CC ATF & Release to Service by AP
3. CC ICASA Licence
4. CC Weight and Balance certificate (5 years) and not the little graphy thing that CAA wants before every flight... ffs, you know when you are over MTOW!!!
5. No flight authority to be carried
6.First aid kit - I do not believe this will be excluded, but we should simplify to essential contents
- If we do not specify contents, who-else will?
- If we really want to change this perhaps a paramedic or SAR could help and endorse?
- Consider typical injury of badly injured WCM crew - Deep cuts with copious bleeding, face injury and broken shin or arm what will you really need?
- Two space blankets (one doubles as signal strips)
- 4 bandages 10 mm wide
- 1 Pack wound dressing pads
- Sticky bandage a small scissors
- ( Add more here....)
7. Map of the area - If you need to give an accurate position report (seen a crash or whatever .... you must have a map)
- anyone who disagrees probably uses a GPS as primary nav and that wont be allowed for sometime yet
8. Compass cal not required if GPS used as secondary nav. - I'm on the fence here - Although I've often seen GPS's stuck right next to the compass
making compass useless
9. No Hi Viz vest/s

Everything else - additional paraphernalia (toolkits etc......) Owner's discretion.
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:48 pm

We don't have much time left.... time running out! ## ## ## ##
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Bulletjie
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Bulletjie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 pm

My daughter already embroided my name and reg number on a vest for me. I think that it is a good idea as it is light and can fit in the smallest spaces.
Attachments
Vest.jpg
Dream more when you are awake!