Mystery Low Flying Aircraft....please take note.

Matters of general interest
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Mystery Low Flying Aircraft....please take note.

Postby Bundy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:52 am

Good morning all.

Yesterday afternoon my phone rang. "CALL" was displayed, and I am just one of those people who do not answer phone calls from pvt numbers, so I ignored it. I recieve on average at least 3-4 calls a day from those horrible sales people trying to either sell me cell contracts or insurance...not sure which I despise more.... :wink:

Anyway...I was most surprised when I eventually listened to the message later. (**)

(Translated from afrikaans)

" Afternoon Alan. Apparently you are the owner of a white airplane,Zed You Dee Bee Pee, which was flying very low over my farm in Cullinan yesterday morning. I would just like to ask you to please not do so in future as I have horses on the farm which bolt when you fly past. You can contact me on XXXXXX (Number spoken so fast I cannot decifer it).

Firstly... I must tell you that the said gent (no name on message) has clearly mis read the registration no on the plane as I do not own a white aircraft and I was certainly nowhere near Cullinan on Sat morning. DBP flew FABA to Delmas to FAKT and back with the rest of the Tailwinds. This was not me or our plane. :wink:

I can only assume that he traced my tel no though Avdex or buy some similar means? I have no way of phoning this guy back as his voicemail is not very distinct and he called me from a pvt no as mentioned. I really hope he phones again so I can at least clear my name! ^

So....if YOU were the white aircraft flying low over Cullinan area on Sat...please respect the man's wishes? ##
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Mystery Low Flying Aircraft....please take note.

Postby Loco » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Hmmm did they find out who it was?

Only white aerie I know of is Noel's

I also flew to Delmas yesterday morning but I'm sure he would have pointed out "aerie with camo wing" lol
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Eh Loco??? Your chommie's gonna bl%$ksem you! :lol:

No...hasnt called back yet....and I def dont think Noel is the guilty party. This was prob a fixed wing (no on the side of aircraft) Who knows... mystery to me.... :wink: (Not a witchunt anyway)

Maybe he has googled images ZU DBP and seen that it is rather "unwhite" ^

The ZS version is a C182 (white) but seems to operate in the Cape somewhere.... dink die ou het n bietjie te veel Brandewyn in die gat af gegooi vrydag aand. ^

Now I know why some okes like JB keep their GPS tracklogs..... ##
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Bundy wrote:Eh Loco??? Your chommie's gonna bl%$ksem you! :lol:
Oops really didn't mean it like that
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Oy! Who's chucking me under the bus like that? :evil: (Just kidding Loco :wink: )
Well, my aerie was grounded on Saturday due to comms problems, so it couldn't have been me ##
My reg is too different from Bundy's to be mis-read either. Maybe a ZS fixed wing? What does Avdex say?
Plane-less
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 am

D2O wrote:Oy! Who's chucking me under the bus like that? :evil: (Just kidding Loco :wink: )
Well, my aerie was grounded on Saturday due to comms problems, so it couldn't have been me ##
My reg is too different from Bundy's to be mis-read either. Maybe a ZS fixed wing? What does Avdex say?
Sorry buddy owe you lots of beers (^^)
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby ZS-NEL » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:07 pm

How low was this mystery airie. If it was 50 ft or higher it was NOT me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Karnerblue
Signed up at flight school

Postby Karnerblue » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:31 pm

:lol:
ZS-NEL wrote:How low was this mystery airie. If it was 50 ft or higher it was NOT me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Born to FLY Forced to work!