I am worried.

Matters of general interest
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

I am worried.

Postby Boet » Wed May 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Less than 2 weeks ago we lost a good friend to cancer. She was 51.Two days later we lost two more friends, both heart related deaths. This morning we lost another dear friend. She was only 36. My next door neighbour has been diagnosed with cancer. A LOT of people in this small community is battling with cancer. Kansa people says the cancer stats for this town does not look good. I am starting to suspect either our diet, or what we drink. The municipal water is not fit for human consumption, yet we pay for CLEAN water. The Cancer cases is not only amongst the white people, but our coloured community too is struck with too many Cancer cases. It seems cancer is winning the battle????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Turbo
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: I am worried.

Postby Turbo » Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Boot,

Sorry to hear the bad news, may I ask what area you are in??
Turbo
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Turbo » Wed May 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Boet,

Sorry to hear the bad news, may I ask what area you are in??
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 pm

:(
Sorry Boet,
Ek het nie troos nie, ek worry ook.!
Daarom gaan ek in my aerie klim en n moerse lang ent weg vlieg van alles af..
Jy kan daarvan gaan lees op www.opencockpit.co.za
begin sommer vandag en jy sal begin beter voel. vhpy
Lekker lees.
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Wed May 01, 2013 11:34 pm

Boet, what town, area and river/s ?
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
zoobie
First solo

Postby zoobie » Thu May 02, 2013 7:57 am

hey Boet

sincere condolences...am lost for words.

Hang in there and keep the faith.

God bless
"pilolts with big go**s fly taildraggers"
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Alkemac » Thu May 02, 2013 12:27 pm

The reoccuring theme that you will find in the links below, is what Chlorine and Fluoride do to you when you drink tap water. You would do yourself a HUGE favour by getting yourself a decent water filter, such as those listed in the last link. The first two links are specific to Lugols, and the Google search is on "lugols chlorine cancer". I would also suggest that you look up "EDTA", and do a chelating detox.

http://www.naturodoc.com/iodine.htm

http://thebreathoflife.net/herbalstore/ ... lugols.php

https://www.google.co.za/#hl=en&sclient ... 19&bih=507

http://www.filtershop.co.za/default.aspx

Disclaimer - I am not medically qualified, nor endorse any particular product, nor make a diagnosis. The information above, is purely that - information and not a recommendation. I do this in my own life and it helps me to own what goes into my body.
ZU-DODO
Thatchman
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Thatchman » Thu May 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Hello Boet. I am sorry about the loss of your friends.

I have done a lot of research on health and nutrition over the past few years and I have no doubt that all of the modern day diseases are caused by what we consume. Most of the authorities now seem to be coming to the same conclusions that we have been bullshitted about what we should be eating.

Things like cancer, diabetes, obesity, alzheimers etc are all cased by what we eat and drink.

Bad carbs and sugars are the worst.

The best book I have read and I urge everyone to read it especially if you have kids and grandkids is a book called "Why we get fat". It is written by Gary Taubes and can be bought in kindle version on Amazon.
He is not a nutritionist and does not sell any type of diet but he did investgative research into all the nutritional research that has happened over the last 100 years. Anyone who wants to be healthy or has the health interests of their kids at heart should read it.

Tim Noakes if you follow what he has said is preaching the exact same thing and he has done a 180 degree turn on what he previosly preached.

Reilly
Parasitic Drag: A pilot who bums a ride and complains about the service.

ZU - forePLaY
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Fri May 03, 2013 10:03 am

I have also done a lot of research about Cancer. It seems we are all born with Cancer cells in our body make-up. But we all need a different "trigger" to activate these cells. According to researhers, the biggest modern day trigger is stress related. The best cure for Cancer is early detection. A month can make the difference between minor surgery and MAJOR surgery, chemotherapy and radiation treatment. We have fitted a filter system to our rainwater catchment system. The drinking water that we use in our house, is VERY clean. Many people in this town only boil the tap water before drinking it. It still stinks, even after boiling, and it tastes very bad. ( Cant stand the smell and taste of coffee made with this water, FOUL!!)
I live in a small town halfway between Cape Town and Upington, not far from the west coast. Loeriesfontein, where we still eat the baked sheeps head. But we do not cut the eyes ouT, for that has to see us thru the week!
The farmers used to dip, and treat their livestock against tics and lice. Nowadays the sheep gets an injection, for and against this and that, and for weeks afterwards, the whole sheep is "poisonous" enough that bush ticks just die and fall off after drinking some blood. The sheep is not supposed to be marketed for a certain amount of time after receiving a dosage of medicine for whatever diseases. There is no guarantee that this protocol is followed to the letter. So there is risk involved, even eating that lekker fat dripping baaitjoppie can have a trigger lurking inside. :shock:
Beware of fruit and veggies that last abnormally long before starting to go off. It has been poisoned and genetically engineered to stay fresh for longer! It seems we will have to start growing our own green stuff around our homes!. Out with the lawn and the flowers, in with the veggies!

Have nice day and fly safe.
Sukkelaar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Sukkelaar » Fri May 03, 2013 10:24 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
Lekker
Kyk Noord
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 am

Oh Boet... the big C. My skattie and I have both been affected by this at sometime in our lives (Thel's father and my mom had C) and empathise with what is going on!

Genetics do play a role but there is one common thing amongst everything we consume - WATER! Postmasburg also has a high C percentage and of the people that have passed on from it, lead a very healthy lifestyle (iron ore region so lots of metal & limestone in the water) C is not selective!!!!

The saying GIGO holds true - garbage in garbage out!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Alkemac » Fri May 03, 2013 11:27 am

a wealth of information here as well...

http://www.notmilk.com/
ZU-DODO
Agair
Thinking of flying

Postby Agair » Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Beware of fruit and veggies that last abnormally long before starting to go off. It has been poisoned and genetically engineered to stay fresh for longer

With all respect, these are nonsense that this would cause cancer. I work in the agricultural chemical industry and I would rather eat something that I know that been been treated against post harvest decay, either chemically or GM, than eat some organic stuff that I dont know with what concoctions it has been treated and I end up with natural aflatoxin poisoning.
Beware against the popular junk science scare stories that are so freely available on the internet, if that stuff has to be true, then worldwide all farmers and agricultural crop sprayers would have to die like flies due to cancer. As a matter of fact, the crop sprayers that I work with all over the country and abroad are some of the healthiest people I know.
With regard to withholding periods of crops or animals treated with chemical stuff, much of time period is to allow for breakdown to ridiculously low residu levels (parts per billion). Using the same principles and laws that govern residu levels, if one Disprin pill (acetylsalicic acid) was to sprayed on an apple as a pesticide, you would have had to wait some time before you may eat it, but you may drink the same pill right out if you have a hangover...? Where's the logic?

Beware of the fancy organic and GM hype and scares and natural products a-la mother nature fairy stories - mother nature is a grumpy old bitch! The most toxic compounds known to man are manufactured not in factories but by this old fart! You like coffee? Well, there are 17 proven known natural carcinogenic compounds in coffee that scientists know of...
Alkemac
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Alkemac » Fri May 03, 2013 12:59 pm

I dont believe that genetically modified food has a place in our society - I get worried when man starts playing God...
ZU-DODO
Hpr
Signed up at flight school

Postby Hpr » Mon May 20, 2013 11:20 pm

[quote="Agair"][i]Beware of fruit and veggies that last abnormally long before starting to go off. It has been poisoned and genetically engineered to stay fresh for longer[/i]

With all respect, these are nonsense that this would cause cancer. I work in the agricultural chemical industry and I would rather eat something that I know that been been treated against post harvest decay, either chemically or GM, than eat some organic stuff that I dont know with what concoctions it has been treated and I end up with natural aflatoxin poisoning.
Beware against the popular junk science scare stories that are so freely available on the internet, if that stuff has to be true, then worldwide all farmers and agricultural crop sprayers would have to die like flies due to cancer. As a matter of fact, the crop sprayers that I work with all over the country and abroad are some of the healthiest people I know.
With regard to withholding periods of crops or animals treated with chemical stuff, much of time period is to allow for breakdown to ridiculously low residu levels (parts per billion). Using the same principles and laws that govern residu levels, if one Disprin pill (acetylsalicic acid) was to sprayed on an apple as a pesticide, you would have had to wait some time before you may eat it, but you may drink the same pill right out if you have a hangover...? Where's the logic?

Beware of the fancy organic and GM hype and scares and natural products a-la mother nature fairy stories - mother nature is a grumpy old bitch! The most toxic compounds known to man are manufactured not in factories but by this old fart! You like coffee? Well, there are 17 proven known natural carcinogenic compounds in coffee that scientists know of...[/quote]

I sense a bit of bias there for the industry you work in Agair? I think the keyword should be 'choice' - you may be happy to eat GM foods and all kinds of herbicides and pesticides, many people are not. Unfortunately the GM companies are fighting for all they're worth to prevent legislation that will force them to label GM foods. One has to wonder why they're not proud to label their foods if it's so good for you? Then you also need to consider why many European countries have outright banned GM foods or limited the amount allowed in products and forced labeling thereof. Personally I would prefer not to eat GM food, but I am not given that choice because of the resistance from GM companies to label their products.