THE RHINO PARK THREAD

Matters of general interest
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: THE RHINO PARK THREAD

Postby Bundy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:36 am

Last chance to book for Episode 4 at FABA next weekend guys...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21100
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Did some circuits this morning, and got a little bored. Where's everybody???!!!
Loco / Ant, when you gonna grace us with your presence again? I wanna go to Aeroden again! ##
Plane-less
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:13 pm

D2O wrote:Did some circuits this morning, and got a little bored. Where's everybody???!!!
Loco / Ant, when you gonna grace us with your presence again? I wanna go to Aeroden again! ##
We are all at Microland. Come join us. Flew to Delmas and Zynkraal for coffee. The cold made us skip your place. -2 in places...10 mm max!
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:42 am

All was well with the weather at Rhino Park, and I was getting ready for the big Springs fly in when...
A break in the weld on the exhaust bracket grounded me instantly. Oh well, time for some maintenance instead ##
Still had a great morning, even if I didn't get to fly. Had quite a few visitors from the Springs fly in. Didn't manage to get pics of them, but I did get a few of this anonymous bird. Seems dodgy to me. Maybe did an illegal border crossing and left there? Anyone know anything about this aerie?
20130727_064744.jpg
20130727_064819.jpg
20130727_064917.jpg
20130727_064940.jpg
20130727_064940.jpg (50.73 KiB) Viewed 11378 times
Plane-less
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Nice pics thanks Noel

Moved my trike with Neil to Crosswinds yesterday, had an amazing flight, very scenic with 27kts GS lol

Will miss you Rhino's but will come visit often

Cheers
Ant
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Loco wrote:Nice pics thanks Noel

Moved my trike with Neil to Crosswinds yesterday, had an amazing flight, very scenic with 27kts GS lol

Will miss you Rhino's but will come visit often

Cheers
Ant
Dude, that's just unacceptable! I demand a formal invite to your next gathering at Crosswinds, and that you guys come out this way within the next month! ##
Seriously though, keep in touch with us Rhino boys. We're itching to go somewhere!

(^^)
Plane-less
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Heya you Rhino thugs. See the thread events, Microland bring and braai for all the details.....

The 9th of November has been confirmed as our end-of-year Christmas theme braai. Mervyn has gracefully accepted to be Father Christmas and will arrange to arrive in a Robbie R44 helicopter-sleigh piloted by his friend and grade A instructor based at Rand Airport. Some of you regulars must have met her. We are wondering how we are going to get the reindeer ingespan....any ideas?

Please bring a present for your child, not too big or heavy (new 582 for me please) and limited to a max price of R.200 per child. They must be wrapped and clearly marked with your child's name and delivered the day before. You can either deliver to Microland, Mervyn Rynolds, or to me or to someone else who can take it out to the airfield before the 9th. If you could also bring, on the day, some Christmas crackers and please wear festive clothes. We will supply Christmas hats and our gazebo. If you have a smallish Christmas tree or two, please bring them. Extra fold up chairs may also be a good idea.

Please let me know if you are coming and how many children we can expect. We really want this to be a fun thing for the whole family. Bring your kids...grand kids and grown up kids.

Like last year, we also want to give Johannes and Kenneth a Christmas food hamper or two. If you feel you want to give something then please bring it on the day.

All you guys are most welcome and please come and join us. (^^) (^^) (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Ok guys, time to revive the thread.

Starting with Rhino Park's website. It's now live!:

http://www.flyrhinopark.co.za

We're going to put all our upcoming events, past event videos, pictures & stories there, so be sure to visit often :wink:

So, any ideas on our first event at Rhino Park?
Anyone keen on a fly-in and brekkie at the clubhouse?
If so, when's a good date?

I'm planning on flying out to Bronkhorstspruit Dam and over the Buddhist temple this Saturday morning. Anyone keen on joining?
Plane-less
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:56 am

Anyone know what happened to the C210 that "ditched" in a ditch at Rhino Park on the weekend?
From AvCom:
http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 7#p1486277

Plane-less
justin.schoeman
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby justin.schoeman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:05 am

I saw them join overhead, but did not actually see the accident. Two instructors flying, with two pax. Reduced power in the circuit and engine died. All attempts to restart failed (except for a few backfires). Misjudged the glide for 09, and tried to turn for 11. Landed in the field a few 100 meters from the threshold of 09. Clipped the wing on landing, gear collapsed, and slid into the ditch. Pilot had a nasty cut on his face, but other than that, everybody got out OK. Two people saw the accident, and were there within minutes to offer assistance.

EDIT: Fix early morning reciprocal runway headings...
Last edited by justin.schoeman on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Tracer » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 am

Why do people feel it is okay to climb over the barricade tape, climb onto the wing of a aircraft that they do not own??
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:28 pm

justin.schoeman wrote:I saw them join overhead, but did not actually see the accident. Two instructors flying, with two pax. Reduced power in the circuit and engine died. All attempts to restart failed (except for a few backfires). Misjudged the glide for 27, and tried to turn for 29. Landed in the field a few 100 meters from the threshold of 27. Clipped the wing on landing, gear collapsed, and slid into the ditch. Pilot had a nasty cut on his face, but other than that, everybody got out OK. Two people saw the accident, and were there within minutes to offer assistance.
Ouch! Glad they're ok though! :shock:
Plane-less
witwillem
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby witwillem » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Jislaai peoples i sommer takes a chance to fly to Rhino in this weather , an all i see an hear is ccm kalling on finals fo rhino , het bietjie saam met maaikel oppie aerie getrein in my jonger dae , lekker om te sien die ou traaik vlie nog , smaak hy hy kry n nuwe Baas (^^) weet julle wanner ou groen mannetjie weer oppie been is :mrgreen: smaak my hy is erg verveelt want hy kannie innie workshop ko nie die Berghek hettie sleutel glo in haar se kar ge loop bere , se maar net
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:10 am

Going flying on Tuesday?
Rhino Park is open, so come join us for some holiday flying!
Plane-less
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:20 pm

At last I got my LSA licence , now I will be flying with CSB , Cheetah nr 2 , did some flying yesterday with her and some flying with MS Corne this morning with CFH , little windy at first , but then beautiful weather , (^^) (^^) Rhino will be open this year , so brekkies are available Saturday and Sunday as well as Tuesday Leprachaun.
A pilot lives by perfection , or not at all!