Radio Licence renewals for 2013-2014 period

Matters of general interest
Peter.L.
Ready for the first flight

Re: Radio Licence renewals for 2013-2014 period

Postby Peter.L. » Sat May 25, 2013 11:13 pm

John.com

Sorry to take so long to reply but I've been out of circulation up in Polokwane for a week. Got back to Durbs on Wednesday and only just got around to checking the Forum tonight.

I've attached a file, which I hope is readable, to indicate what info is required at the sections you queried. It looks OK on my PC but then the source file is also on my PC so it may not work when you try and open it. If not, let me know and I'll give you the relevant info in "longhand".

All two-way radiocommunication equipment for aircraft, i.e. HF or VHF, use "A3E" Class of Emission. The frequencies for VHF are as indicated and are universal to all types of VHF radios. The frequencies for HF can vary quite a bit but should be available in the manual or perhaps from the set itself. The Emergency Transmitter refers to whatever additional VHF or HF radio is installed for use in the event of failure of the main or primary installation. The Class of Emission would be A3E but the frequencies would depend of whether the radio is a VHF or an HF rig. All that is required for the ELT is to indicate the frequencies of operation, i.e. 406 MHz and 121,5 MHz, and the power output will almost certainly be 5 watts max. For the rest, i.e. GPS, Radar, Transponder, etc., the make and model is sufficient.

Regards,

Peter

P.S. Polokwane (Pietersberg as was) airfield is pretty quiet compared to Virginia!
Attachments
ICASA Form 2.JPG
The equipment page of an application
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Broederstroom (Magaliesberg) - home airstrip Aeroden

Postby John.com » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:50 am

In good faith I have paid my ICASA radio license for five years. After numerous follow-up calls to ICASA to try and understand when I am to expect my radio license I was eventually told that there is a backlog of 80 radio licenses and that "I should not expect anything anytime soon"! Oh . . . . and that I should "use my EFT proof-of-payment as 'proof' of having an ICASA radio license"!!

Really? Is this an acceptable service? :shock:

Eish! ##
John Comley
ZU-BST (the Beautiful Seductive Temptress)
Magaliesberg, South Africa
Read my flying blog here . . . http://johncomley.blogspot.com/

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:23 am

John.com wrote: Is this an acceptable service? :shock:

Eish! ##
No...and do they care?

Not a damn.... :roll:

Just another Government extortion programme. :evil:
IceAge
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby IceAge » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 am

Got both my licences a few weeks ago so there seems to be something happening......
Caught a dream............

Windlass Aquilla
Thunderbird MKII
Savannah VG
Paul Meanwell
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Paul Meanwell » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi All,

This topic has been quiet for some time now. Does that mean everyone got their licence and all is well? (**)

I still don't have my 2013-2014 licence for my gyro. I applied for a five year one.

I eventually received my trike license. Applied and paid for the five year, all within the stipulated period, but received a 12 month one. When queried, no-one at ICAASA could explain why the five year license wasn't issued. The usual promise to get back to me never materialized.... (Surprise! :roll: )

So, the rest of you guys.... did you all get your licenses issued?

It's nearly expiry time again for the 12 month licenses!
## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##
Drink Triple,
See Double,
Act Single!
IceAge
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby IceAge » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Got my renewal notices for both trike and thunderbird in the mail yesterday, ie. R120 per licence
Caught a dream............

Windlass Aquilla
Thunderbird MKII
Savannah VG
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Paul Meanwell wrote:Hi All,

This topic has been quiet for some time now. Does that mean everyone got their licence and all is well? (**)

I still don't have my 2013-2014 licence for my gyro. I applied for a five year one.

I eventually received my trike license. Applied and paid for the five year, all within the stipulated period, but received a 12 month one. When queried, no-one at ICAASA could explain why the five year license wasn't issued. The usual promise to get back to me never materialized.... (Surprise! :roll: )

So, the rest of you guys.... did you all get your licenses issued?

It's nearly expiry time again for the 12 month licenses!
## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##
We got ours in about July last year...(Paid in March! :twisted: )

We also applied for the 5 year one at the time. I thought this would be a once off payment (for 5 years)....but we were invoiced only for the current year which expires end March 2014. What the hell is the point of a 5 year licence if we have to pay each year exactly like we did before???? FFS. :evil:
I would imagine we just wait now for our 2014/2015 invoice to arrive? Your guess is as good as mine. :roll:

I love ICASA...what a useful bunch they are. (^^)
Baitbird
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby Baitbird » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:27 pm

I paid for a five year licence, only received a 12 month licence.
High and behold - last week I received my new 12 month licence ( 2014-2015) without ANY action from my side .

At least somebody there is trying.
Fake people worry about their image.... Real people just don't give a damn!!!