Radio Licence renewals for 2013-2014 period

Matters of general interest
Louis Cole
Whats the right frequency?

Re: Radio Licence renewals for 2013-2014 period

Postby Louis Cole » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your response and I hope you are enjoying your retirement as much as I am. You've been helpful as always and confirmed my thinking. I don't intend getting into a scrap with ICASA but I believe I'm being asked to jump through some unnecessary hoops. I have complied with everything asked of me . I applied for the licence and supplied all the required information, I paid the required fees 2 days later by EFT and forwarded proof of payment as requested, I received acknowledgement of receipt of my application with my new licence no. from ICASA, I have a valid ATF which requires me to have a radio licence and I have a valid Validation certificate from the DCA in Namibia which authorises me to fly in that country. I have been flying for 18 years and I have never received a radio licence from ICASA and have been advised to present my proof of payment instead. It is an accepted fact that ICASA's administrative processes are lacking. The new 5 year package application where you have to request ICASA annually to issue a licence one year at a time supports my position. I will still endeavour to go the legal route, but come May 10th I am off to Namibia with or without the physical radio licence. As long as I can show good faith I'll take my chances.
Loneranger
ZU-CEX Raptor 618
25 52.869' S 027 54.940' E
(http://www.opencockpit.co.za)
"Reach for your dreams"
Peter.L.
Ready for the first flight

Postby Peter.L. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi John,

I'll check that link tonight when I get home and repost the URL or give more detailed advice on how to get to the relevant page.

Peter
Peter.L.

Postby Peter.L. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi Louis,

Your latest post changes things a little (for the better I hasten to add). Can you give me your radio licence number and I'll try and find out whether or not your payment has been credited. If you have been told that all you need to show is proof of payment in Namibia, then I'm sure that something can be worked out to confirm that your application has been received with the necessary payment to allow you to operate pending the arrival of the licence. It all really hinges on whether this will be acceptable to the Namibian DCA. If it is and if it can be confirmed in writing by Icasa Joburg that the licence fees have been paid and all that remains is the issue of the actual licence, then you may be A-OK.

Peter
Peter.L.

Postby Peter.L. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi John,

It seems that the Icasa website has a problem with access to application forms so if you can drop me a mail I'll send you a copy by return mail. I take it it is an application form for a new station licence that you're after, if not let me know exactly what you need and I'll see if I have a copy to send you.

Regards,

Peter
Peter.L.

Postby Peter.L. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Louis,

I had an ex-colleague check the Icasa database and he tells me that the licence has been generated (licence number 5368257) but your payment of R600.00 has not yet been credited, nor has the application been finalised by the Audit department, so it is likely to take some time yet for the actual licence document to be issued and forwarded to you. In view of the fact that you have confirmation of your licence number and can also provide evidence that you have paid the relevant fees, you should hopefully be OK in Namibia as they are aware of the problems faced obtaining a licence in SA and after all, it's not your fault that you cannot produce the licence, having as you say done everything you can to be legal.

If you want to try and negotiate with Icasa HQ (without getting into a scrap as you say) give either Miss Tracy Ball or Mr Gert Visser a call and see if they can perhaps assist. You can get both of them at 011-5663000/1/2.

I hope you come right. Best regards and so far I am enjoying my retirement very much! (!!)

Peter
Louis Cole

Postby Louis Cole » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Peter if retirement isn't so well deserved, I would say go back because your services are sorely needed. Thanks for your efforts to keep us legal and satisfied. I received an E-mail from Elzana van Loggerenberg who promised to assist me on Monday morning. Both Paul and I have re-sent our proof of payment to her. I see that I used my licence no. as ref. no. so it should be easy to track. Thanks again.
Loneranger
ZU-CEX Raptor 618
"Reach for your dreams"
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Wed May 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Last edited by Asterix on Thu May 02, 2013 4:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Wed May 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Ons weet waar jy weg kruip. :)
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Wed May 01, 2013 1:35 pm

So come and get me Tumbleweed.. :wink:
Last edited by Asterix on Thu May 02, 2013 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Wed May 01, 2013 10:30 pm

(**)
Dit is baie moelik vir my om my ondergeskik te plaas aan n stelsel of n regering of n bestuur of wat ookal, as dit korrup, onbillik, onge-organiseer, onnosel, skelm, gierrig, en in wan-orde verkeer.
Ek lees, uit feitlik al die geskrifte hierbo dat die meeste persone het te make met die onbehopenheid aan die kant van die ICASA personeel.!!
Hoe kan dit dan nou ook anders as dit deur en deur bewys is dat onbevoegde mense in posisies geplaas word waar hulle nie hoort nie..!!
Wat my uiters, UITERS, gatvol maak is dat ek n HELE dag lank in besige verkeer my pad moes vind na ICASA se kantoor.
Daar alles gedoen het wat ek moes...Vorms voltooi, wag, en nog wag en uiteindelik daar weg is met n belofte dat die lisensies oor n week of twee aan ons gepos sal word.!
Trug by die huis binne 1 dag die betaling per EFT gedoen, en die verwysing met my betaling gekwoteer het wat die amptenaar my gevra het om te doen.
Nou wag ek...en wag... en wag... en die volgende wat ek hoor na ongeveer drie weke is dat ek moet bewys lewer van my betaling....ENNNN ek moet hulle vertel wanneer ek die trike gekoop het...Wat het dit met die lisensie te doen wat ek betaal het en waarvoor ek wag...???? Is ICASA nou n speurtak met speurders wie moet uitvind wanneer vliegtuie gekoop was..!!???? Is hulle nie veronderstel om die lisensie uit te reik waarvoor ek n vorm voltooi het en betaal het nie.???? As ek dan nie in die verlede n lisensie gehad het nie gee die saak oor aan n konstabel of stel nog n paar onbevoegde persone aan om daardie aspek op te volg...Maar for f.ck sake vat my geld en reik my flippen lisensie uit...
Wat my rerig hoog die moer in maak is om te lees dat my arme aerikie ge-impound sal word as ek dit durf waag om met hom te vlieg......Laat n ou dit net traai...ek bliksem hom met n tentpen dood.
En Asterix, ek stem my chom, roep my as hulle jou k@k gee en ek kom help..
(**) (**) (**)
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Louis Cole

Postby Louis Cole » Thu May 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Blue Max ek gaan jou tentpenne by my hou as ons oor die grens vlieg of verdwaal. Ek sal eers onderhandel en eers as ek so die moer in is dat ek die penne gryp,dan vat jy oor. Eers daarna roep ons vir versterkings.
Loneranger
ZU-CEX Raptor 618
"Reach for your dreams"
Bugwar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Bugwar » Thu May 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi
Can someone PLEASE explain to me what I am supposed to do.

I sent ICASA the renewal document including a copy of my current / expired 2012(#532-463-3) license. I got a confirmation of receipt after the second attempt on 4 March:
"Your application/s to renew your licence/s is acknowledged. The authority will process the applications and issue invoice as from 11 February 2013"

My assumption was that they will send an invoice and I pay it OR was I supposed to pay and wait for the license?
My address did change and I indicated it on Form B including a reason for being late.

So to those of you in the know: Do I pay electronically and send it to them or wait? My ATF is due this month.

Thank you.

Paul
ZU-EHG - Raptor

Vulture Squadron videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/VultureSquadronZA
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu May 02, 2013 5:03 pm

You should get one in the mail Bugwar.

Stef got ours a few weeks ago and paid it. Just remember there was a huge postal strike too during March! Even the Misasa mags were posted beginning March and I have not yet recieved a thing.
We submitted form by e mail on 18th March and recieved invoice about a week or later.....still waiting for the actual licence though. ^

Africa's a bitch
Bugwar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Bugwar » Thu May 02, 2013 10:22 pm

You submitted 18 March and git your invoice. I submitted 4 March and nothing yet.

Have to do an ATF this month......
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri May 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Just to clarify the issue around the ATF application....

I mailed Willem @ Raasa this morning and they are aware of the delay in getting the Radio Licence. I enquired as to what proof they would need to allow your ATF application to proceed and was informed that Your Application to Icasa as well as proof of payment for the Radio licence fee would be sufficient to allow Raasa to process your application for the ATF.

So in a nutshell....print your proof of payment to Icasa and print the application confirmation reciept that you recieve from Icasa and submit that with the ATF renewal documentation.

Raasa does not require the actual radio licence...which you will prob only recieve a few months later....only proof of payment/application. :)

I hope that clears this up a bit for you all...I applaud Raasa for making this a little bit more flexible in light of the slow procedural process on Icasa's side. (^^)