Radio Licence renewals for 2013-2014 period

Matters of general interest
V
Whats the right frequency?

Re: Radio Licence renewals for 2013-2014 period

Postby V » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:28 am

Just to clarify, if my contact and other details have not changed, then it is sufficient to submit Form B and make the required payments by March 31st 2013. Only have to hurry if the details have changed. Did I understand the notice correctly?

Thanks!

Cheers,

V.
Peter.L.
Ready for the first flight

Postby Peter.L. » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm

V.

That is 100% correct. Just don't leave it until the very last day!

Peter
Peter.L.

Postby Peter.L. » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:03 pm

***NEWS FLASH***

Regarding the radio licence renewal process we have been discussing for the last week or so. ICASA HQ has today extended the closing date for applications to renew. Previously stated as 25th January, the date has been extended to 1st February (this Friday). Anyone who possibly missed the post last Friday, please endeavour to lodge your applications by this Friday coming.

Regards,

Peter
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Would be great having Peter at the Tedderfield event, armed with his printer and receipt book to take payment and issue licenses on the spot. vhpy

Armed with you ICASA entertainment allowance I'm sure you would be one of the busiest vendors there. :lol:
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Newguy
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Newguy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm unable to find a form B on the ICASA site. Can someone post the doc here or provide a link that works. The previously mentioned link just gives an error message. Many thanks.
Please ignore...link has now worked.
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:15 pm

I emailed ICACSA politely, reminding them to send me a reminder or invoice to pay my licence. The reply....

On 05 Mar 2013, at 5:08...05 Mar 2013, SpecLicensing wrote:

Dear Sir/ Madam

Your application/s to renew your licence/s is acknowledged. The authority will process the applications and issue invoice as from 11 February 2013.

Regards,

ICASA

Haibo!!

It ees already the 5th of Marach, and Marach, she comes after Febru Arry! So when can I expect she, the licence invoice?

In digast,

Gert Coetzee
Grumpy
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Grumpy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Yip Gert, The mind and department 'boggles' (**) (**)
"Hope the weather is calm tomorrow !!"
IceAge
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby IceAge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Gents,

You need to bear in mind that the "Wakka's" of the Post Office in the Gauteng region are on strike (**) (**) (**) (**) This has been going on for some time now an NO mail gets in or out ## ## ##

Plenty unhappy customers due to important mail items not being sent or delivered and no indication yet as to when the strike will be over.

We need to hang in there a while longer

Fly safe
Caught a dream............

Windlass Aquilla
Thunderbird MKII
Savannah VG
C205
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby C205 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:23 am

Just a warning. We got the same automated email regarding the invoice.
We were sitting with a problem regarding this. Last weekend during a ramp inspection our aircraft was 'suspended', its a rather long story, but one of the items listed was that we did not have a current radio station licence on board. The inspector later did accept our proof of payment though.
Quicksilver MXII ZS-VAP
Quicksilver MXII ZU-BOW
FAWI 123.5
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:45 am

Hey guys,

I cant seem to open the link on page 1 to the forms (need form B) for the renewal...can anyone help? Maybe I'm just stupid but I cant find them on the Icasa website either? :wink:

Thanks,
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:49 am

Nevermind :oops:

Sorted. vhpy
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:13 am

Peter Leonard contacted me and arranged for an invoice/reminder. Paid and have the invoice and proof of payment to submit with ATF documents.

G
Louis Cole

Postby Louis Cole » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Peter.L. wrote:Hi Steel,

The procedure for a new application is very different from renewal of an existing licence. I've attached below the procedure involved and a guide to the information required, which is rather brief and by no means inclusive of all contingencies. If you have any problems with the application please email me at pleonard@icasa.org.za or phone on 031-3349515 between 0900 and 1630 Monday to Friday. Just for info and topicality, there is a similar discussion thread running on the Avcom forum and the info below is posted there under the ICASA section where you may find some additional info.

Unfortunately licences cannot be transferred from one owner to the next. The same as when you buy and sell a car, the new owner must obtain his/her own licence. Here is the link to the application forms on our website:

https://www.icasa.org.za/Portals/0/Regu ... cation.pdf

Once completed, the forms may be e-mailed, snail-mailed or hand delivered to any of ICASA's Regional offices in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein or Durban or direct to our HQ in Johannesburg. Contact details are on our website under "About Us". Faxing is possible but not recommended as the quality of faxed documents can be very impaired. Proof of payment of the total applicable fee of R600.00 (R480.00 1-time application fee plus R120.00 annual licence fee) must accompany the application forms and either a copy of an individual ID book or a copy of the company registration document, depending on whether the application is in respect of an individual or a company, must also be attached. Account details for payment are: Bank - Nedbank; Branch - CCS Pretoria; Account holder - ICASA; Account number - 1462002927; Branch code - 14624500; Reference - the Aircraft's registration letters, e.g. ZS-ABC, and the owner's name. This payment may be made by direct deposit at any Nedbank branch or by EFT via the web.

It is strongly recommended that copies of all documentation and payments submitted be retained, "just in case", either as physical or electronic files, and it is further recommended that a letter of confirmation of receipt be requested from the office to which the application is forwarded. Apart from catering for that "just in case" occurrence, such copies should assist with registration with the CAA.

Peter
Blue Max and I went to ICASA on 9 April and applied for radio licences, paid R600 by EFT, requested the bank to send through the proof of payment to ICASA and are impatiently awaiting the said licences before we leave for Namibia on May 10. A reminder last night to ICASA is met with a request to send proof of payment to ICASA and for good measure to send my aircraft type as well as date of purchase of my aircraft. Am I missing something because I fail to understand what the date of purchase of my aircraft has to do with the authority for issuing radio licences. Would our proof of payment and ICASA's acknowledgement of our applications suffice if asked for our radio licences in Namibia or Botswana? Help please, we've jumped through enough hoops to qualify hands down for any circus act. (**) :evil: :x
Loneranger
ZU-CEX Raptor 618
25 52.869' S 027 54.940' E
(http://www.opencockpit.co.za)
"Reach for your dreams"
Peter.L.

Postby Peter.L. » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Louis,

The reason for asking for the date of purchase is to establish the date of liability for licence fees, i.e. if you bought the plane 3 years ago you would be held liable for the fees for the intervening period during which you should have had a licence but didn't. If you bought the plane on or after 1st April this year, you would only be liable for this year's fees (plus the R480.00 application fee of course).

The type of aircraft has no bearing on the licensing (unless of course you are the proud owner of an Airbus A380) but is required for statistical purposes and also appears on your licence document when issued, basically to identify the aircraft for which any particular licence is issued. Both of these items of information would have been required on the application forms and should have already been supplied by you when submitting the application.

Do not under any circumstances attempt to go cross-border without the actual licence unless you have a legally certified document agreeing to the use of the aircraft in a particular country without proof of licensing, issued by a duly authorised repesentative of that country's aeronautical administration. Without such a document, the chances of the aircraft being impounded are very heavily weighted against you. Even with such a document, it may well cost you a considerable amount of money to keep her in the air!

Regards,

Peter (Ex ICASA employee)
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Broederstroom (Magaliesberg) - home airstrip Aeroden

Postby John.com » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Peter.L. wrote:Here is the link to the application forms on our website: https://www.icasa.org.za/Portals/0/Regu ... cation.pdf
Please can you republish this link as it gives an error.

Many thanks,

John
John Comley
ZU-BST (the Beautiful Seductive Temptress)
Magaliesberg, South Africa
Read my flying blog here . . . http://johncomley.blogspot.com/

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"