Microlight Magazine

Matters of general interest
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: Microlight Magazine

Postby Bundy » Thu May 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks to Alan Mac for both the link as well as the feedback.

I copy and paste here the text above the Magazine Posting list as per the MISASA WEBSITE. (see Alan Mac's link above)

MEMBERSHIP ADMINISTRATION
The Aero Club manage the MISASA membership list.
The Aero Club collect all fees.
The Aero Club send out membership cards.
The Aero Club has a permanent office and is staffed to sort out membership matters.
Their details are at: http://www.aeroclub.org.za

MISASA Committee
Contact details are on this website.
The MISASA Committee are a group of volunteers who work for microlighters.
MISASA has no office and has no employed staff.
Please contact us to offer your assistance or to send in your stories for the magazine.
MAGAZINE
If you are listed below you would have been sent a magazine to your listed address.
If you did not receive it then you need to update your information with the Aero Club
If you are not listed below then you are not listed as being a paid up member.
Membership fees are due on 1 January.
If you are paid up and did not receive the mag - then send your details to nemo@webo.co.za
- this will get you onto the next magazine mailing list but will not fix your membership listing problems
- problems must be sorted out ( often repeatedly) with the Aero Club
> eg I paid on 14 December last year and still am not listed
> I drew the Aero Clubs attention to this at an Aero Club Board Meeting
> this also did not help
> - so please try fix it with the Aero Club AND

> - send your POSTAL ADDRESS INCLUDING YOUR POSTAL CODE info to nemo@webo.co.za

COMPLIMENTS and COMPLAINTS
Please attend the next Aero Club AGM and offer your Grins and your Growls.

A couple of you (whose real names I actually know, and not just your psudonyms) are on the mailing list and should have recieved your mag....IF YOUR DETAILS WERE CORRECTLY GIVEN ON THE AEROCLUB SYSTEM. Go Check/update them and that should sort out your issues.
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Thu May 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Dear Aeroclub,

Since you have not yet fulfilled your obligations in allocating members their cards for the last 2 -3 years, expect a short payment of each Misasa member of R120.00 in the next financial year. We have decided allocate that to Misasa in lieu of the sterling work done by our volunteers a well as providing our magazine.

Could you also please categorise your service along with the allocated price (as in DSTV bouquet selection) so that we may select what we are getting and what we will pay for, i.e.;

Deluxe R400.00 - Communicate what fights and battles you have done, are busy with and expect to go into the current year and what results achieved (photos of cuts and bruises will help motivate). Membership cards correctly distributed, crappy instructors and Ap's expelled, excellent instructors and AP’s traced and retained e.t.c.

General. R320.00
If and when issues come up via the sub sections (we keep an eye on Aopa’s activities to keep us sharp also just in case you think we only respond to CAA), so we stand behind and support them. We are quite busy so expect insignificant card issues to be subcontracted out and distributed by someone soon. We endorse any deeply thought out regulations submitted from the CAA and affiliates and will filter down as the opportunity arises.

Basic. R100.00
CAA copies any regulation coming from international FIA movement’s e.t.c. as well as manufacturer’s recommendations which they apply to the letter and ensure RAASA will enforce it. If the sub sections start bitching and Aopa gets ahead of us then we will call a meeting. We pay wages and rent a little office. Stop bitching about stupid cards they don’t mean anything anyway and yes you need us for your ATF.

P.s. We don’t need a colourful brochure detailing all the award recipients, neither do we want to pay for this elaborate ball. Just hold an informal dop ‘n chop, we’ll use those bucks to spoil our committee and fellow helpers.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Thu May 10, 2012 3:08 pm

=D* =D* =D*
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu May 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Nice one TW. (^^) :lol:
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Tumbleweed Dearest,

Last year we awarded the Aero Club the Wally Award and asked the GM to step up and receive it for I felt the Aero Club was heading for the rocks! You may recall the detail in the mag - I paid in 2010 then came Xmas, then Easter, then Winter. Relax.... next were the daffodils in Spring and with a couple of months to go I got the card!

This year I paid in 2011, then came Xmas, then Easter and Winter is upon us - I have not got a card, I advised them at the board meeting a couple of months ago > in fact I suggested that they move the card expiry date out by 3 years - anyway > I'm not yet listed as a member - but I do get post in my box but it is addressed to someone else ......

So Tumbleweed dearest....
What are the chances that just a few members will attend the next Aero Club AGM meeting to complain for believe it or not I stood alone in expressing a variety of growls and with the support of .ooo6% of the members I suspect that they are repeating the plan executed last year for surely - it must have been a good one - only one lad had anything to say!

Let's be positive - how about sending in your DSTV story to nemo@webo.co.za and it'll be the 1st story received for the next mag.

Fly safe

PS I'll take a bunch of mags to the Swartkops braai tomorrow night - if you are not attending - please ask a buddy to collect one for you - I'll not require a membership card !
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu May 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Right, those who have not recieved their mag, but claim to have paid...

Please send me the following:

Date of Payment
Method of payment
Your Full Name
Cell No
POSTAL ADDRESS incl CODE

Please send to husseyam@absamail.co.za

I will respond to each indevidually after checking.

Thanks chaps
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 pm

So Tumbleweed dearest....
What are the chances that just a few members will attend the next Aero Club AGM meeting to complain for believe it or not I stood alone in expressing a variety of growls and with the support of .ooo6% of the members I suspect that they are repeating the plan executed last year for surely - it must have been a good one - only one lad had anything to say!

Let's be positive - how about sending in your DSTV story to nemo@webo.co.za and it'll be the 1st story received for the next mag.
Nemo,

Use it, copy- paste it, loose it, up to you.

Don't judge the support you recieve by the few lonely soldiers standing behind you. We're all here, in our millions, in cyberspace and at airfields beyond travelling distance to Jo'burg.

I think we'll give you a quorum and armed with a trolley full of voting rights to which you can enjoy a hostile takeover. When the dust is settled just call in the troops. vhpy

Seriously, I and others have the utmost respect for what the committee does. Taking the distance to travel into account and the fact that most probably don't grasp the finer nitty gritty details to contribute as well as to being intimidated by the more eloquent members, the majority is happy to support whatever the committee does.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri May 11, 2012 4:10 am

TC, Tailspin.... I have mailed you IRO the above, please check your inboxes. (^^)

The rest, please mail me your details as per my last post so I can try and help you? Cant do much without your real names and details I'm afraid. ^

Some interesting facts as it currently stands:

2/3 of our membership have not paid their subs for 2012 ## (So 2/3 of you will not recieve anything until you do, and dont blame me when your insurance does not cough up for the plane you just wrecked because you were technically breaking the law! :roll: )

Of those members who did pay on the Fundi Payment System as required....at least 25% of you didnt fill in your postal addresses on the online application forms??? Your Postal address will not miraculously appear on the database....YOU NEED TO FILL IT IN!! :roll:
Gaylord Focker
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby Gaylord Focker » Fri May 11, 2012 8:08 am

Morning Bundy

Looks like the Aero club is pretty clueless made payment to them and two days later they still couldnt find it until i had to get NKWAZI on the blower to rattle some cages and then only did they try and find it .
Surely with this new fantastic system of theres they should be able to pick up all payments by all members . And secondly if i had not paid them i would have not have recieved my ATF , I thought extortion was elegal in this country .

Anyway i still think the whole think is a fast and we are dealing with a bunch of clowns at the best of times , anyway ill take the LOSLYF Magazine still at least it might come once a month unlike me !!!!! (**) (**)

Happy Gay day to all my BUM CHUMS !!!!
Wild Chicks,Cold beer,KY Jelly and Gt450 Nothing else required!!!!!!!!!
THE FORCE IS STRONG ON THE DARK SIDE
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Fri May 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Hey Tumbleweed,

Thank you for the kind words and offer of support. Yes, I do believe that organising a fistful of proxies may be the way to go if we continue to face bottlenecks. Over the past few years a number of very well known pilots from a few sub-sections of the Aero Club have just walked away - dog tired of trying to get them to understand that we need service. By service I mean we that we need to start with the basics of knowing who the members are and we need to account for their fees. Next we can present a business model of what services we need and we can define a budget to do it. The central point is; are we as the largest section of the Aero Club the client or a branch that must do as it is told? The Aero Club has been around for many years and is I think the oldest serving aviation club in the world (?) thus the answer is not that we make a new one (it can very easily be done and would be well supported by a number of sub-sections) but that we fix what we have. It is not about who is right it is time for WHAT IS RIGHT!

I'll have mags at Swartkops tonight. I have to be in Clarens this week-end so anyone that wants to collect some mags from me in the Freestate over breakfast on Sunday just let me know 0823734947

I've had a finger in IT for many years and know the simple truth is that the customer really is always right. Until you accept this you will not try and fix what you think is not broken. Please allow me just 2 egs

On the Fundi system you can enter - when asked for - the name on the credit card as VISA - ok , silly lad we mean your name not the card name > it is a system fault - only when you accept it as your fault will you fix it to more clearly state what info you need.

100 members never gave addresses - it is a system fault - this should be a compulsory field - the system should pop up a message that nudges you to enter an address etc

Fly safe
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Fri May 11, 2012 6:52 pm

We don’t need a colourful brochure detailing all the award recipients, neither do we want to pay for this elaborate ball.
Don't judge the support you recieve by the few lonely soldiers standing behind you. We're all here, in our millions, in cyberspace and at airfields beyond travelling distance to Jo'burg.
Seriously, I and others have the utmost respect for what the committee does.
Would like to echo the above, we are far away from the buzz of Gauteng, but support MISASA. As for Aeroclub - publish a proxy form (here) and I will gladly return.
the answer is not that we make a new one (it can very easily be done and would be well supported by a number of sub-sections) but that we fix what we have.
Perhaps Aeroclub should be given an ultimatum that this could happen?
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Fri May 11, 2012 7:04 pm

My take on things:

1. Valid ATF - check.
2. Valid MPL - check.

All the rest - 015 015 015

I have two simple questions:

1) If I take of with 1 and 2 above - am I flying legally? "YES or NO" :?:

2) If Misasa/rasa/caa/etc etc posts you stuff (and the NSA post-office kicks in, [0* ) and you don't receive your post - are you now illegal?

3) If the answer to (1) above is "NO", does that mean I CAN not fly, or that I MAY not fly? IF you say I CAN not fly - I wish to differ. If you say I MAY not fly - I wish you all the luck in the world policing that! Take your tips from Sanral! s019 s019

ALL my papers in the panierbag, good weather, good destinations, good friends - BUGGER al this politics! s016 s016 s016
ystervark7
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high
Woohoo 100 posts - flying high

Postby ystervark7 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:13 am

Well I must say that I have given up. MISASA/Aero club is is supposed to make sure that we get better service from CAA, ICASA, etc. Well this year the situation is that I got my Radio licence within about 10 days (last year I got it in about 10 days as well but before that it took about 6-12 months), and dealing with CAA has not been to bad, RAASA is a mixed bag, it used to be quick but it is slowing down quite a bit. Aero club took about 7 months last year, about 3 months this year. Obviously I did I must have payed my dues and they know my address because I have received my membership card but no MISASA magazine yet.

Please just change all this membership to 10 years. I do not mind paying 10x the price but I am fedup with having to pay and fill in form for 10 little things every year just to try and fly legal.
Last edited by ystervark7 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat May 12, 2012 11:49 am

I also give up... :wink:

The majority of the members have always complained that Misasa did not have an on line access for them to see who is "current"....so there it is nice and easy for everyone to see. No e mail addresses added, no personal info, no date when paid....just your name as it appears on the database. Now it’s an invasion of privacy.... eish.... I can see now why so many Commitee members have grey hair... Perhaps we should implement an access system with pins and passwords and sms notifications....but as quite a few of you don’t know how to type in your postal addresses…I’m not sure how that would really work out?

A 10 year membership is a great idea. All we need to figure out is what the price of plane tickets, printing, etc will be in 2022... I trust you will get stuck into this budget plan asap Nkwazi? ##

Guys… it’s not really that complicated to stay current, for the average NPL pilot…

1: Renew AeCSA/ARO membership on 1st Jan every year (on line…don’t have to leave your home)
2: Renew your Medical (maybe once every two to 5 years depending…)
3: ATF (easy)
4: Radio licence renewal (annual due March)
5: Pilots licence renewal (every 2 years on expiry)

The system is not going to change...... or get any simpler or easier than it is right now…in fact, the more pilots that are caught who are non compliant with these simple requirements (usually after an incident) just give the powers that be more motivation to regulate the industry even further…. ($$) ($$) ($$) ($$)

Stay non-compliant at your own discretion if you like….it can and probably will bite you one day. ## ($$) ($$)
Nkwazi
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Nkwazi » Sat May 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Guys, guys, guys. Come on man. If you've paid your fees through the Aeroclub and updated your postal details there, then there should be no reason why you haven't received the magazine. Alan Mackenzie spends half his life trying to send out the magazine to the membership and the other half of his life trying to get content for the magazine!! I spend half my life trying to find members who pay Misasa without any details. If you really want your membership card(I'm still waiting for mine) please email Kev Storie or even better, Jeff Earle at the Aeroclub. Misasa will continue to fight the fight for free skies for all of us!!
ZU-BFS Aquilla
ZU-SMC Cheetah
Benoni
Impukane Nkwazi
MISASA Treasurer