THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Matters of general interest
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Re: THE MICROLAND THREAD..."routing for the tower"

Postby Bateleur » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi KlapperKnop, lets just hear from Bundy, Alex was going to drop them off at ML. If he has not, it would be great if you could bring them along.
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:38 pm

BATELEUR wrote:What’s happening at Micro Land this Saturday? Weather looks good so far!

Paul, how is your prop coming on?

We need to fit those new carb rubbers to DBP this weekend. Bundy, do you know if Alex dropped them off at Hans?

Will we be doing some (^^) after flying?? puff

I promised to keep active on this thread: I DON'T know what is happening at Microland on Saturday, but I DO know you will not have krummelpap and sous - since I will be @ Potties - flying, then making krummelpap and sous, and later we will all be washing our trikes, since we do not have a Johannes! (**)

I DO know that my fellow pilots at Potties will have "krummelpap en sous." I might even throw in a skaapribbetjie or two.... (-)
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Bateleur » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Iemand sal baie vinnig by jou moet leer om krummelpap te maak hier by ML! Anders vlieg ons na jou toe, no problem. Binne kort sal ons 'n plan maak om daar by julle te kom kuier.
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
Bateleur
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby Bateleur » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:31 pm

BATELEUR wrote:Hi KlapperKnop, lets just hear from Bundy, Alex was going to drop them off at ML. If he has not, it would be great if you could bring them along.
Bundy says the rubbers are already at ML. Thank you for the offer though! (^^)
Stef Oosthuizen
Step it up a notch!!
ZU DBP
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:48 pm

BATELEUR wrote:
BATELEUR wrote:Hi KlapperKnop, lets just hear from Bundy, Alex was going to drop them off at ML. If he has not, it would be great if you could bring them along.
Bundy says the rubbers are already at ML. Thank you for the offer though! (^^)
Mmm. So now you people are ordering "rubbers" for Microland? Please Stef - Microland is an airfield, not a playing field. What the hell are you people up to under the lapa? And I haven't even been gone that long?? Nee, mense, nee... :shock:
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:04 pm

vhpy vhpy vhpy
Asterix wrote:I DO know that my fellow pilots at Potties will have "krummelpap en sous." I might even throw in a skaapribbetjie or two....
En hier sit ek in Kanada so verveeld ek kan skree... :cry:
en om my vlug te vervroeg sal my meer kos as n nuwe vliegkaartjie.. :evil:
Jislaaik Asterix as ek op die plaas was het ek julle gejoin daar in potties.. :mrgreen:
Geniet dit, sien julle oor n maand...
Bly om te sien ML het lewe..
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Jissie James jy sal dit nie glo nie ou maat...vannaf dat jy hier weg is, is daar net mooi chicks wat hier by die vliegveld aankom....so we thought we'd better stock up on the necessities....just in case. :lol:

As they say...Married men are only as faithful as their options? :lol: (Eina... daar voel ek die PK van my vrou af :shock: )

There must be some action happening there...Stef and I found a pair of underrods on 03 the other day? WTF? :lol:

We gonna miss that pap en sous chom..... :)

I got some new CARB rubbers for DBP from Alex. Fanie says they are much better than those from the "Taliban". Genuine Rotax..... Hou dit in gedagte as jy nodig het, hy kan hulle sommer vir jou pos. (^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:21 am

Will see you guys bright and early on Sat. Stef's weekend with The Beautiful Dawn...hoping I can scramble a quick hour in somewhere too :lol: Off to Durbs next weekend so need to get a quick "Altitude fix" before I go :lol: (^^) Looking forward to my flip in a Foxbat along the Coast next weekend....gonna be wicked (!!)

Cant stay too long after...have a quote to do at 11AM and then off to a mate for lunch and a few (^^) .

See you at the holding point. (!!) ^

PS: Stef...bring a hose pipe.....JY WAS DIE VLERK DIE NAWEEK CHOM :mrgreen: ^ :lol:
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:53 am

BATELEUR wrote:What’s happening at Micro Land this Saturday? Weather looks good so far!

Paul, how is your prop coming on?

We need to fit those new carb rubbers to DBP this weekend. Bundy, do you know if Alex dropped them off at Hans?

Will we be doing some (^^) after flying?? puff
My prop is still in 3 pieces and not balanced. After talking to the experts I am hesitant to risk continuing with the mix and match ## . With a prop there is no second chance. If it goes the chances are 99.99999% that the engine will follow within 5 seconds ## . Not worth it!! -xX =; -xX So, I took a deep breath and ordered a new one from NC. Will have it week after next. -0<

I have a spare Geo Killey wood prop which I am considering using until I get the new one. Wood props are more difficult to fit. You have to track them within 3mm at the 75th % load point by adjusting the mounting bolts. With metal hubs you just tighten all the bolts to spec. (^^) and the tracking should -0< be correct.

This weekends weather looks good and I want to fly to FAHG for the breakie. (-)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:06 am

Good move Paul...a prop is not something you take a risk on. Especially considering which direction all the "bits" go when it says howzit! :shock:

You will not be sorry when you bolt that new NC on chom. Prepare to be amazed 8)

To everyone flying to FAHG this morning, keep it safe, have a jol....and post pics (^^)

I will be going up tommorrow if anyone feels like tagging along towards Cullinan. ^

HAVE FUN (!!)
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Bundy wrote:Will see you guys bright and early on Sat. Stef's weekend with The Beautiful Dawn...hoping I can scramble a quick hour in somewhere too :lol: Off to Durbs next weekend so need to get a quick "Altitude fix" before I go :lol: (^^) Looking forward to my flip in a Foxbat along the Coast next weekend....gonna be wicked (!!)

Cant stay too long after...have a quote to do at 11AM and then off to a mate for lunch and a few (^^) .

See you at the holding point. (!!) ^

PS: Stef...bring a hose pipe.....JY WAS DIE VLERK DIE NAWEEK CHOM :mrgreen: ^ :lol:
Hey Bundy Who are you flying with. Get him to stop in at our field. Munster. my no 0834598673
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:18 am

Howzit Vern,

Mark Hudson has kindly offered me a ride in his Foxbat. :) Reminds me....I must call him :lol:

Had a beautiful flight to Delmas along the R50 with Jaco today. Hands off stuff all the way. 8)

Scary little "incident" as we left the FABA circuit, when some guy in a Green and white Cherokee (I think) decided to fly straight through FABA airspace at 5700ft without a mention of their intentions.... :evil: This is the second fixed wing I've had to "avoid" doing exactly this! Luckily Jaco caught sight of him early, I was slowly banking left towards the crossing and he approached from my right at a rapid rate of knots. Passed about 200m in front of me! I had to dive to avoid his wake. (**)

Gotta keep your eyes wide open guys! :shock:

Other than that...great morning's flight. Jaco you were a pleasure to fly. Welcome anytime. (^^)
Pat Two
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Pat Two » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:58 am

Thanks Alan,

It was lekker to fly with you, sorry about the singing and the spluttering (flying makes me happy, doesn't matter what I fly in). vhpy DBP is an immaculately maintained machine, certainly an airplane to be proud of. :wink: vhpy

It was a very interesting moment seeing that Mooney up close like that. Green and white striped Mooney 201 ZS-FKE. He was not on Microland local frequency and we were not able to raise him on 125.4 (SR-East) either.

I took a couple of pics of our flight (I am no pro, so excuse the focus and stuff :wink: ), I have loaded them on my facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 489&type=1

Looking forward to taking you for a ride in the Jabiru soon.

Cheers,
Jaco
Jaco P.
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Here are J.P. 's pics, thanks mate I look forward to getting that vid too (^^) 8)

I know what you're thinking...but no....this is not Tailspin....its actually me. :lol:
540236_3956588025894_1190754677_n.jpg
430275_3956584865815_1558759701_n.jpg
388024_3956584425804_1229571689_n.jpg
Hmmm...... now I wonder why we called her "The Beautiful Dawn" ? (!!)
539003_3956582785763_872745850_n.jpg
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi Alan.
Mark has been to our field, so there won't be a problem there. Dont know how far down the coast he will take you, but coaxs him a bit. It will be nice to meet you. When you do speak to him, please give him my regards.
Hell I am glad I dont fly in your area, with all that traffic and pilots doing stupid things. If he had radio problems, one would think he would stay clear. Anyway, glad you had a good flight. The weather here has been really rotten.
Hans seems to be doing quite well with his plane.
(^^)
Vernon.