THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Matters of general interest
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Re: THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Postby Robbie Shaw » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:45 am

Bundy wrote:See you guys at the braai tomorrow (!!) .....

I'll be there early in hope of a flight, but man this weather's really up to sh!t lately? :roll:

Will see what it's like when I get there....it's so unpredictable... even windguru cant be trusted? :wink:

A flight in the morning MY TOO ## ## ## ## ## (^^) (!!)
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Trailering up my Cobra to Microland on Sunday afternoon - there to spend as much as is needed to be current, plus a few extra things I want done. Spoke to Merv, and we will be working through her Monday morning - and then I need to get to Warmbad for a meeting.

Once done, she will remain there until I get a weekend to come and re-learn how to fly - Merv has volunteered as safetypax - poor sod.. ^?^

She'll stay there until I drive up from Poloks in early December to Standerton with my Basset-hound, "Gatsby", and then bum a lift back to ML with my "swaertjie", to fly her in for the holidays.

The Hiatus is over boys. (But it was necessary.) ##

Farmers all over the Standerton area are herewith warned that samples of your various maize cultivar's top leaves WILL be collected by a yellow noisy beast's axles, and later checked for quality. We know where the wires are - your defences are useless. In the event of an engine out - we'll plow up a few hundred yards of your crop, get the yellow beast's engine started again, and fly out loooooonng before the cops arrive! :twisted:

(You know me - I don't condone this type of behavior.....but my witch of a woman sometimes doesn't give a damn..lower..lower..lower..) :wink: We are back. Shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d8hZtvRPno
KlapperKnop
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby KlapperKnop » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:36 am

Happy birthday Stef ... have an awesome day.
ZU-DJE
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:36 am

Welcome back James. (^^)

I'm so glad your "sebatical" is coming to an end mate, your passion for the sky is not something that should be grounded! Merv will have you back up to speed and altitude in no time I'm sure. (^^)
Was great to catch up with you on our fishing trip and hearing first hand how difficult it is being based at a controlled airport reminded me how out of touch some ATC's are wrt recreational flying! They just don't understand our operations...and I really hope you can find ways to gain more freedom from them in future! :roll:

I'm looking forward to flying down to Beginsel in December for a bit of a visit. (!!)

Yes...Happy Birthday Stef! (^^) Braai gemis.....was jy babelas? :lol:

Thanks to all who joined us for the braai yesterday, it's always great to catch up with you all and chill with a beer in hand. As always, thanks to Johanness who is always there to make sure we have all that we need, I really appreciate your hard work!

We even felt energetic enough to go and replace the windsock in the signal area. (was still lying in the lapa from the last time)
A far more visible one now up... (^^)

The indicator balls on the powerlines in front of 03 and 09 are a great addition to safety, thank you Hans for attending to this. :)

I'll see you guys around,
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:50 am

[quote="Asterix"

Farmers all over the Standerton area are herewith warned that samples of your various maize cultivar's top leaves WILL be collected by a yellow noisy beast's axles, and later checked for quality. We know where the wires are - your defences are useless. In the event of an engine out - we'll plow up a few hundred yards of your crop, get the yellow beast's engine started again, and fly out loooooonng before the cops arrive! :twisted

:lol: Onthou alles wat jy se kan later as getuienis teen jou gebruik word.!!! :lol:
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Lassie
Learning to fly
Learning to fly

Postby Lassie » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:33 pm

James, mooi man! Ek sien jou pa onderhou die baan mooi op die plaas, ken ook maar sy seun. Kom buzz my maar Desember dat ons weer bietjie ver gaan vlieg. Hierdie keer kan jy die hele baan gebruik, volle 900m (^^) vlieg saam Botswana toe.
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Daarsy, Dawid...oortuig vir James en Geel Kerneels, om saam te kom Botswana toe (^^) (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Ja this passed Sunday didn't work out - "luckily" my outlook warned me of an engagement Monday that I actually forgot about...(I HATE WORK!!!!) ##

So this coming weekend.

Paul, Geel Kerneels has been sold loooong ago..... :cry:

The Witchy Woman is screaming for some wingtip foils, ala Jenya...what is the verdict on these? My concern with these is not flight performance, but what will happen if you lose one in flight? :shock: (if you lose both - no problem? :?: )

Dawid - het jy al ooit bietjie op Beginsel gaan land? Ek belowe jou jy is welkom! My pa en swaer "laaik" trikes kwaai!
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Asterix,haal die kruise van jou mannetjie af...
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 am

Asterix wrote:Paul, Geel Kerneels has been sold loooong ago..... :cry:
No problem...you can fly with anything you like...just join us next year April to Botwana. You can even drive if you want to. It is going to be epic. (^^)
Asterix wrote:The Witchy Woman is screaming for some wingtip foils, ala Jenya...what is the verdict on these?
I do not have them but reports that I have heard & read have been positive.
Asterix wrote:My concern with these is not flight performance, but what will happen if you lose one in flight? :shock: (if you lose both - no problem? :?: )
Ask Jenya, but looking at how they are mounted they won't come off in flight, unless you maybee clip the wing tip...but then you are bu@@ered anyway.

Rappid turn to one side ...followed ....by rapid bar movement to compensate ....hope movement is enough ...if not ##
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:10 pm

I think getting your a$$ back in the air is far more important that fitting winglets... ^ ##

The Witchy Woman flies just fine without them...dis JY wat n paar "mod's" nodig het... :lol:

Just kidding mate... (!!)

I've heard no negative reports off them, I don't think there have been any that have come off during normal operations....down to personal choice at the end of the day. :)
ME 109
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby ME 109 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:06 am

I purchased a set of winglets from Jenya, if it was not for work interfering with my flying :wink: , they would have been fitted by now. I will give some feedback soon...must say, they are beautifully made, with no negative reports so far.
Andries Kruger
ZU-CSZ Aquilla 582 (Bumble bee)
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Alan.
Do you know if any of your mates, are going to CAA offices in the Near future? I need to have my ATF collected from reception, and given to Hans, to bring down. He will be coming down soon.
Regards,
Vernon.
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi Vernon, I will see what I can do. Your surname and reg?
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:15 am

mulderpm wrote:Hi Vernon, I will see what I can do. Your surname and reg?
(^^)

Let me know if you don't come right and I'll make a plan to go fetch it for you next week sometime Vern... :)

My only gap to fly this weekend is Sunday....and it aint lookin good for me and the Beautiful Dawn if I look at windguru? :(

Work, work work work work work.......when the hell does the fun part come??? ^ ## :evil:

Silly season has arrived, the mad rush to get all projects finished before X mas....eish I really hate this time of year! :roll: