THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Matters of general interest
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Re: THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Postby Robbie Shaw » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Bundy wrote:Merry Christmas...and happy New Year boyz.....

Bundy go bye bye now.... (^^)

Beer check
Rod check
Tent check
Phone?....... %$@ off... (!!)

See you schmucks next year..... (^^)

Ahhhhhh....bliss. (!!)
Magoebas.jpg
Who's your schmuch ,,,',,,' schmuch. You take care..... come back with pic's of the fish and not stories lol ... See you 2014....
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
Zero seven 2 5 six zero 2 six two seven
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:08 am

Did you take that picture in my back garden? :lol:

Allan, thanks for all your support this year and may the Tailwinds have an even better year next year. (^^) (^^) Have a great one and see you next year. (-) When you comming back?

Had an awsome flight this morning. Low solid clouds to the East of Microland (Delmas side) and super smooth air. Looked like the sun was shining on cotton wool. Dix came with and smilled all the way. In the hour flight, I only heard one guy from Rhino Park. Even our school was closed. Maybe there was mist where they live. You guys missed out big time....but tomorrow looks good too. I will be away next week...so no flying for me until the 30th ##

To all the other smucks, holigans and thugs....pick your own category....have a blessed & merry Christmas. (-) (-) xxx
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Robbie Shaw » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi fellow aviators,

Did my first x country today ...... (FABA,FARA,FASI,NIGEL,DELMAS,FABA) (1hour 47 mins (and landed on the min with a good instructor) What a wonderful morning, when traveling to Microland in the mornings by road it exists me to see the airfield but today when I sort it from the sky ending my x country "I was sad" ..... As it's written in the book of life "all good things must come to an end" which now brings me to this point I would like to wish all the respectable people, their friends and families, all Thugs, Schmucks, Hoods, a great holiday season an good year ending party come back in 2014 fresh and healthy.... Oh yes fat to ....lol
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:52 am

Well done Rhodie! (^^)
Robbie Shaw wrote: I would like to wish all the respectable people....
You be sure to point these people out at the next braai.... I don't seem to have met them? :lol:

Enjoy the festivities everyone. See Ya. (!!)
Robbie Shaw
The sky is all mine
The sky is all mine

Postby Robbie Shaw » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:28 am

Bundy wrote:Well done Rhodie! (^^)
Robbie Shaw wrote: I would like to wish all the respectable people....
You be sure to point these people out at the next braai.... I don't seem to have met them? :lol:

Enjoy the festivities everyone. See Ya. (!!)
They are new members we are looking for :lol: :lol: ## ## ## so if you find them on holiday please bring them home to tailwinds so we can in crease the numbers....lol
Robbie Shaw. (Rhodie)
ZU-BJU. (Love Machine)
Airmanship No 1
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:32 am

Had a lekker flight yesterday afternoon....windguru you are number one. (^^) No one else around except for Hans buliding his lattest Savannah and Johannes cutting the grass. Parking my plane and (after killing the smelly 2-T engine) the smeel of freshly cut grass was fantastic.

From the air, Microland looks splendid with all the green grass cut short and the runways neetly kept. Johannes must have taken a day or more to cut the grass with his electric push mower.....he is a star. (^^) The older hangars look in need of a makeover! but we all know that. ## Give old faithful a brush, a tin of paint and a role of shade cloth and he will do it...come on Hans. New 95% shade cloth costs R55 per running meter. We clubbed together and Johannes replaced ours.

Microland, its people and the airflield are the greatest.......Tailwinds are the Best. =D* =D* =D* =D* We also have the RAASA model microlight flight school with two of the best instructors in the bussiness. xxx

To all you microlight thugs, hooligans and schmucks, have a great new year and please be safe in whatever you do. (^^)

The wx looks good for Thurday morning and Saturday.....I will be there.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:24 am

Hello My fellow FABA's,

Wishing you all the best for the New Year and may our Club Activities go from strength to strength in 2014. (^^)

Have had a very necessary and much appreciated break from it all up in Magoebaskloof. Even torrential monsoon rains at times could not influence the "food for the soul" one gets when in such a peaceful place...ok...I'll admit a case of beer a day does help a bit! :wink: vhpy Troy caught his first fish (sheesh I think I was more excited than him! haha) and turning off my phone for two weeks was just pure bliss! (!!)

May you all have a safe and fun year ahead in the air, I have learnt so much from all of you knuckleheads and look forward to the ongoing cammeraderie that has re ignited itself at our little airfield. (!!)

Need to get the bank balance rolling a bit before I can go see my "mistress" again but I will definitely be at the first braai which is on the 18th I believe? Paul can we confirm this? vhpy

See you all soon. (^^)
BeanCounter
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby BeanCounter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:04 am

Happy Happy to all for 2014! (^^) May we see the end of the year with nothing bent, nothing broken and good memories made in the middle.

Apparently I'm the only sucker who didn't get a break over Dec but at least I did some flying around the patch and a great sunset flight yesterday with the pregnant fairy and (sort of) with Mr Mulder. Sorry for the confusion at the dam Paul, do you mean a 360 goes all the way around? :lol: ##

Apparently men aren't allowed at babyshowers so I've been kicked out of the house for the weekend of 15 March. Fortunately, there's a Wildfees on in Reitz vhpy It sounds like a jol and it's only 60nm south of the Vaal so we can get there in +/- 2.5 hrs? They offer fly-in options to Reitz airfield with accommodation and shuttle from the airfield to the Fees etc. If anyone's interested I'll share the details as soon as I hear from them.
ZU - KBP Cobra

Time spent flying is not deducted from one's lifespan
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Yes, the first 2014 Bring & Braai is on the 18th Jan. I have updated the Events thread. The fridge is again fully stocked...thanks Dionne. xxx We have also made some extra keys for our regulars.

Welcome back to all.
BeanCounter wrote:Sorry for the confusion at the dam Paul, do you mean a 360 goes all the way around?
Ja, Jaco, Chantel understood what I meant....but she could not explain to you because you could not hear her....swak verskooning ## That circular motion she showed you with her finger does not mean pap roer. But I caught up to you anyway. I could see my pax's goose bumps changing from excitement bumps to cold bumps over the dam. So, pull bar all the way back.

It was so nice to see so many of my friends at FABA yesterday afternoon. Only got out of the lapa at 7. Thanks Mark & Fiona, Ryan + Lina, Peter and Yvone, Jaco & Chantel, for all the fun. (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Grobbie007
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Grobbie007 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:13 am

Ek gaan darem met my training weer begin , dinge was baie dol by my die einde van die jaar .... ek het klaar vlieg lessie geboek vir Vrydag , ek sien die weer is darem oraait . vhpy

Ek sal daarvan hou om eendag een van die braais toe kom bywoon , al nadeel is ek bly in Secunda . Ek sal maar iemand moet vra om my vir daai dag vir n flip te vat dan bring ek sommer die family saam.... (^^) ---- goeie verskoning .

Is bietjie nervous , het lanklaas gevlieg maar ek hoop dinge sal hou ... het nou eers 6 ure op my log book met die lesse . (**)

Cheers
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:06 am

Sterkte Grobbie en maak jou training klaar. Jy sal nooit spyt wees nie.

Had a great hour and a half flight this morning to Heidelberg and back. Super smooth. (^^)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Grobbie007
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Grobbie007 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:04 pm

Dankie Paul . Ek wil baie graag dit voltooi ....
NickSwardt
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby NickSwardt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:26 am

Happy new year guys and girls!! Hope its a great year for all (^^)

I'm back from the cape and dying to fly. Will be there tomorrow morning even if it is just to say hello to my plane vhpy

What is your opinion on how long fuel can stand in your tank before you will need to drain it? I've got half a tank that has been standing for a month now!

Hope to see some of you there, Ek wil BRAAI ## (^^)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Welcome back Nick. (^^) There was a long debate about fuel ageing last month on the forum. The best/safest is to always fly with fuel that is as fresh as possible. But then some of us (Bundy & Bateleur) would have to replace their fuel every time they fly :lol: ## :lol:

Mark & myself flew yesterday afternoon again and we sommer stayed at Microland and had a braai. We also launched 3 Chinese/Thailandes hot air baloons. Looked awsome. This week I have flown out 3 cans of fuel....and that is expensive these days. ##
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Nick, that fuel should be fine chom.

Check for H20 when you get to the hanger and empty your carb bowls (they will prob be empty already), fill with fresh fuel again
Fill up the tank with fresh go go juice and you'll be fine mate. (^^)

Enjoy. (!!)

Pick a finger "crusty"... ## ^

See you guys at the braai next week. (!!)