1st time buyer - Aquilla vs Cobra?

Matters of general interest
BeanCounter
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Re: 1st time buyer - and the winner is...

Postby BeanCounter » Sun May 13, 2012 8:21 pm

How quickly things can change… vhpy

Being quite the thorough finance guy that I am, I had every intention of following the advice above, finish my training and then go shopping for a plane. (Un)fortunately I saw an ad I shouldn’t have and 48 hours later I’m only a bit of paperwork away from owning my first set of wings – a Cobra! vhpy

If all goes well its first stop will be at Rainbow next weekend for some preventative maintenance and to give the plane a proper once-over. Then I’ll move it to Microland if I can unashamedly bribe oom Hans to find me a hanger spot somewhere. Because I only have a few hours solo time so far and the Cobra doesn’t have dual controls it’ll be a while before I’ll be confident enough to fly it, but I’m very happy to spend the time in-between going over every inch of it in the hanger and learning as much as I can.

But most importantly, a big thank you to Mervyn Reynolds! ^*^^ Merv, you went above and beyond this weekend, letting me screw up your Saturday driving nearly 400 kms round trip and testing the plane for me. I never expected such help from my instructor but it shows the calibre of guys at Skyriders. (And I will find a way to repay my dues to you, no matter how much you protest!) (^^)

Manne, dis lekker om te dink ek gaan een van die dae ‘n aerie hê!!
ZU - KBP Cobra

Time spent flying is not deducted from one's lifespan
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: 1st time buyer - Aquilla vs Cobra?

Postby Bundy » Mon May 14, 2012 6:18 am

Congrats BC. Hope you have many happy hours (^^) (^^)