Waterkloof & Zwartkop Fly-in 12 May 2012

Matters of general interest
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Broederstroom (Magaliesberg) - home airstrip Aeroden

Re: Waterkloof & Zwartkop Fly-in 12 May 2012

Postby John.com » Sun May 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Duck Rogers wrote:You should have asked "The-Lady-With-The-Camera-and-The-Small-Doggie.Com"... ## ## ...her pics are great.

Please convey our thanks to her John (^^)
I certainly will! She enjoyed herself.

But just so that I don't get any skeef looks at the next microlight event when I arrive with Dawn, please be advised that Robin, a.k.a The-Lady-With-The-Camera-and-The-Small-Doggie.com, is my TWIN SISTER!!! :lol: :lol:
John Comley
ZU-BST (the Beautiful Seductive Temptress)
Magaliesberg, South Africa
Read my flying blog here . . . http://johncomley.blogspot.com/

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Sun May 13, 2012 2:58 pm

As promised more pics.
Attachments
Resize of IMG_5370.JPG
No prop wash, thanks ladies
Resize of IMG_5382.JPG
Some of the aeries
Resize of IMG_5387.JPG
Some more aeries
Resize of IMG_5389.JPG
And some more aeries
Resize of IMG_5412.JPG
Getting ready to go
Resize of IMG_5419.JPG
Lined up FAWK
Resize of IMG_5421.JPG
Looks like "Battle of Britain"
Resize of IMG_5436.JPG
FASK fly-by
Resize of IMG_5462.JPG
Finals FAWK 19, Down wind!!
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
ZU-CDW - Shark
First solo

Postby ZU-CDW - Shark » Sun May 13, 2012 3:06 pm

(^^) (^^) What an awesome event an honour to have been part of this.
Thanks to all the pilots who have behaved and flown in such a professional manner.
Once again I need to thank Les for putting it together as well as everyone who assisted. To many names to thank.
It was great !!
Shark
ZU-CDW
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Sun May 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Gentleman

This has been one of the most awsome, enjoyable and truely memorable times i have ever had :!: :!:
Again we have proven that we are not only Pilots but that we are Aviators in every form and means. Except for one person ^?^ ^?^ over the Radio it was a really well organised (Read:Thanks Les) Extremely well exicuted (Read:hats off to each and every pilot involved - Yes including Mr verbal ^?^ himself - not one major incident reported) We have proven that we are pilots and every dude that looks down apon Microlighters s016 s016 s016 s016

I will post what i have and to my Fellow Chain Gang members - Bring on the next one Brothers s023 s023 s023
PJB wrote:Madman who lead us back from Waterkloof on Saturday. Very much appreciated.
Hi PJB
Madman was your Wingman and Tailspin was the Leader, Almost had a heart attack when ATC said i must Route via Wonderboom, and as i crossed the ridge all that i could see was PTA CBD, :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Decided to make a sharp left just short of loftus and fly basically from sports field to sports field via Yskor to Harties. Damn now that was a tense 15min of my life. (Worse than the Airshow propwash effect). But Glad you got home safe dude and you can fly with us anytime. s023

Air Hog wrote:There was another pilot that that did not hear anything at the briefing. It was said several times that no one was to go below 200 AGL over the runway. It looked like he was doing touch and go's.
Just a pity about the tree felling guys using their Chainsaws while other wanted to sleep :roll: vhpy ##
Hey Air Hog

I was one of those low fliers :oops: :oops: but I could not climb as i was stuck in the dude who was infront of me's propwash, no matter what i tried i could do nothing to climb at all - so I will take a ## ## ## ## for that.

The Chain Gang are not the ONLY culprits who have built in Chain Saws, there are a few of you who SNORE in harmony, Even some of the Dude's that dropped in after 12 and slept till 5 min before we got kicked out. But yes i would sleep anytime next one of those Bentleys if it was in my Garage. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Sun May 13, 2012 5:35 pm

More pics for us officebound folk please! No-one on the ground have something of the Fly-by?
DH, not much but at least ...

Other than those posted earlier, I have these of the fly-by.
Attachments
FASK right downwind 02 over Gautrain.JPG
Right downwind 02 over the Ben Schoeman / Gautrain
Descending for fly-by.JPG
Descending for fly-by, short finals taxi way
Passing the crowd line.JPG
Approaching the crowd line
Almost home.JPG
Almost home
Turning finals FABS 02.JPG
Turning finals back home.
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
mcfly
Whats the right frequency?

Postby mcfly » Sun May 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Gents

I must firstly apologise for not posting sooner as I had to attend a function directly after the flypast and returned this morning to do the rounds with our Mothers. That said!

Man! I'm so elated at the success of this event and am still absorbing the moments and events, as I'm sure you are, looking at all the fantastic photos and mulling this event over and over in my mind that I'm compelled to thank you all from the very bottom of my heart for flying in and doing the flypast.

I wish to thank the following individuals.

The SAAF Museum 2IC. Col. Clive Sheperd, for proposing the microlighters to do the opening flypast. Clive also made the Lapa available on Friday evening for our braai. =D* =D* =D*

The show co-ordinator, Col "Hosepipe" Hanekom, who phoned me to meet with him and discuss the participation of the microlighters in the opening of the show. He was apprehensive at the start, thinking that we wouldn't get the timing right. His arrangements at Waterkloof and Swartkop with the following:
ATC and landing at FAWK on Friday
The availability of Hanger 1, for storage of the aircraft, on Friday evening.
The bus, to ferry the pilots to and from FAWK, Friday evening and Saturday morning.
Sleeping arrangements at FASK =D* =D*

MISASA Commitee for funding the braai on Friday evening =D* =D*
Alan Hussey for doing the food =D* =D*
Alan McKenzie for being there on Friday evening with moral support and photos =D* =D*

Theunis Botha,(Awacs) for his assistance during the briefing and arrangements with the take-off
On Saturday morning and leading the formation with such precision. =D* =D*
Brett Hickman, for moral support and general kakking out. =D* =D*

John(john.com) who,out of the blue, volunteered to be at FAWK as ground support.Man that was a super gesture =D* =D* =D*

YOU! The pilots, who made this memorable event possible. I applaude each and everyone of you for proving that we are more than capable of pulling off such a complex arrangement AND without any incidents, despite the propwash. =D* =D* =D* =D* =D* =D* =D* =D* =D* =D* =D*
How can I soar with eagles when I'm surrounded by turkeys

Polaris Skin ZU-BKP
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sun May 13, 2012 7:45 pm

MISASA Commitee for funding the braai on Friday evening =D* =D*
Alan Hussey for doing the food =D* =D*
Alan McKenzie for being there on Friday evening with moral support and photos =D* =D*
Brett Hickman, for moral support and general kakking out. =D* =D*
Julle kan bly wees ek wassie daar nie!!!

It is just awesome to hear so many positive & great things of the weekend (bar some paragliders being in the right place and a certain gent shooting his mouth off at the wrong time & place)

Les... a feather for you sir!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Nkwazi
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Nkwazi » Sun May 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Les my boy!! This event would never have happened without you. You must have spent hours of your own time in meetings putting together the nuts and bolts of this event. On behalf of the MISASA committee and members - thank you =D* =D*

I can't wait for your imminent defection to Sharks Rugby xxx , the bulls don't deserve the support of someone of your calibre (^^) (^^)

Thanks again china!!
ZU-BFS Aquilla
ZU-SMC Cheetah
Benoni
Impukane Nkwazi
MISASA Treasurer
mcfly

Postby mcfly » Sun May 13, 2012 7:54 pm

John.com wrote:dawid wrote:

As ek te veel op 123.45 gepraat het, sorry vir jou, dit is die strontpraat frekwensie en ek sal stront praat op 123.45 as ek wil.

This post (5th from the top) puts CKC into context . . . . viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13197&p=131439#p131439
This is what Dawid (aka,CKC) had to say in the link. ^^.^ ^?^

Gee!John, you certainly did some sharp detective work. I wish that every microlighter sees his picture and reads this post and banishes him from all functions
Last edited by mcfly on Sun May 13, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How can I soar with eagles when I'm surrounded by turkeys

Polaris Skin ZU-BKP
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby John.com » Sun May 13, 2012 7:56 pm

mcfly wrote:John(john.com) who,out of the blue, volunteered to be at FAWK as ground support.Man that was a super gesture =D* =D* =D*
I was honoured to play a role in what I knew was going to be a truly amazing and memorable day!! It was a privalige to be there on standby to serve such wonderful gentlemen and ladies of the sky, most of whom I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time!

Thank you Sir for allowing me to partake in this manner.

I am hugely excited about my newfound future flying buddies!!! (^^) (^^)
John Comley

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sun May 13, 2012 8:46 pm

I can't wait for your imminent defection to Sharks Rugby xxx , the bulls don't deserve the support of someone of your calibre (^^) (^^)
Les my boy... stay with our team - Brett has surely not checked the conference logs of late ;-)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby John.com » Sun May 13, 2012 8:59 pm

John Boucher wrote:Les my boy... stay with our team - Brett has surely not checked the conference logs of late ;-)
Don't stay Les . . . . red trike, black rugby team (^^) !!!! . . . . red trike, pink rugby team -xX ## ^^.^ ^^.^ ^^.^

Make the move Les . . . before you buy that pink rugby jersey! =D* =D*
John Comley

John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sun May 13, 2012 9:07 pm

* Bright pinks, like the colour red, stimulate energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, and pulse rate. They also encourage action and confidence.
* Pink has been used in prison holding cells to effectively reduce erratic behaviour.
* The pink ribbon is an internationally recognized symbol of hope and awareness in the fight against breast cancer.
* In Japan, the colour pink has a masculine association. The annual spring blooming of the pink-blossomed cherry trees (the Sakura) is said to represent the young Japanese warriors who fell in battle in the prime of life (the Samurai).
* Pink signifies happiness and joy in Catholicism.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
dries5
Heard about flying

Postby dries5 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Guys & Girls!!

All has been said and done - but I would also just like to say thank you to everybody that took part. It is an honour and privelage for me to be part of a group of people of your caliber!!!! This is what it is all about!!! Except the one dumb-ass poephol of course who hit our name with a plank ......

This feeling of exitement started long before, but became a reality at the braai on Friday evening and then of course landing at Waterkloof!! Man, this something I will NEVER ever forget!!!

Thank you again and count me in on any future outings like this!!!

Very best regards and B safe everyone!!!
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby John.com » Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 pm

John Boucher wrote:* Bright pinks, like the colour red, stimulate energy and can increase the blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, and pulse rate. They also encourage action and confidence.
* Pink has been used in prison holding cells to effectively reduce erratic behaviour.
* The pink ribbon is an internationally recognized symbol of hope and awareness in the fight against breast cancer.
* In Japan, the colour pink has a masculine association. The annual spring blooming of the pink-blossomed cherry trees (the Sakura) is said to represent the young Japanese warriors who fell in battle in the prime of life (the Samurai).
* Pink signifies happiness and joy in Catholicism.
Nice sales pitch, but nothing about PINK rugby jerseys being worn by MEN Johnno!!! :lol: :lol:
John Comley