MPL - how many hours did it take you?

Matters of general interest
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: MPL - how many hours did it take you?

Postby Loco » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks guys I don't feel so bad about taking so long anymore - I guess its better to be 1000% ready than rush things (^^)

So looking forward to training - tomorrow we're doing stalls and steep turns nice!!! :)
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/
ZS-NEL
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby ZS-NEL » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:32 pm

anthonyhugo wrote:tomorrow we're doing stalls and steep turns nice!!! :)
Again?...... You are going to do touch and go's until you can do it with your eyes closed. :twisted: :lol:
MICROHEADSON
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby MICROHEADSON » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:38 pm

vhpy vhpy :lol:
Sounds familiar now doesn't it :lol:
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:47 pm

There's the story of the young bull & old bull walking past a pasture full of enticing young cows reading for the picking...

The young bull says to the old seasoned bull... "Let's jump the fence and quickly cover all those young cows in the pasture"

The old seasoned bull gives him a smirk and replies... "Naaaah, lets walk patiently to the open gate over there and cover them one by one on our time!) ##

Need I convey the moral of the story? All in good time - your instructor will know when you are ready... in the meantime build your muscle memory and vital actions as later on in all just falls into place! (^^)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:49 pm

:lol: I did stalls and steep turns with my previous instructor but I guess my new instructor want to confirm if I actually remembered anything :lol:

I love stalling, like riding a roller-coaster!

So it seems I'm learning everything twice but I'm not complaining :)
Last edited by Loco on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:51 pm

John Boucher wrote:There's the story of the young bull & old bull walking past a pasture full of enticing young cows reading for the picking...

The young bull says to the old seasoned bull... "Let's jump the fence and quickly cover all those young cows in the pasture"

The old seasoned bull gives him a smirk and replies... "Naaaah, lets walk patiently to the open gate over there and cover them one by one on our time!) ##

Need I convey the moral of the story? All in good time - your instructor will know when you are ready... in the meantime build your muscle memory and vital actions as later on in all just falls into place! (^^)
:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks very wise words!!!
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 pm

ZS-NEL wrote:
anthonyhugo wrote:tomorrow we're doing stalls and steep turns nice!!! :)
Again?...... You are going to do touch and go's until you can do it with your eyes closed. :twisted: :lol:
Hahaha dankie Marius! PS. Marius is one of my instructors so if he can fly a trike to PE and still be in 1 piece I'm in very good hands! (^^)
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Bulletjie
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Bulletjie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 pm

You definately are in good hands!Marius was my instructor as well! (^^)
Dream more when you are awake!
Low Level
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Low Level » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 am

Ek was so gatvol vir circuits. Amper vier jaar later en ek haat dit nog steeds om touch and go's te doen. (**)

At about 20 odd hours I still managed, on dual training, to miss the runway at Brakpan coming in for a crosswind landing. For those who doesn't know the airfield, a good pilot will land an airbus on that runway - about 20m wide tar, and I missed it. (**)

After the session, while I was, literally, taking veldgrass from my wheelspats, the CFI. Mirek Salewski was standing watching me. I wasn't in a lekker place at that stage. I commented that maybe this flying thing is not for me. In his heavy Polish accent, he just stated - "You joined a flying school, you will leave as a pilot" 8)

Value the time with a competent person in the back. Don't try to get him out. Five grand extra dual might save you a bunch of moolah later on an incident, or even worse, an accident. 8)

On my fifth or sixth hour solo, I came back from the GF, and the wind picked up seriously while I was away from the AF. About 15 or 20 knots, solid crosswind - felt like 50 :shock: . It took four attempts, with an instructor, on the radio on the ground, and changing runways from 18 to 36, to land safely. I cannot describe the feeling, sitting on downwind, 1 000 ft above the ground, realising, it is now up to your acquired skills to survive, and see the sun set on a nother day. :shock: :shock:

Nothing, to do the solo circuit, on a perfect day, after 4 or 5 circuits with your instructor. vhpy It is coming back after an hour or so in the GF, the weather has changed, and you have very limited experience - boy how you wish for that annoying voice in the back. :wink:

Lots to learn. I'm still learning with every flight, but nobody in the back to ask questions to. ($$)
Happiness is: Wanting what you have.
ZU-CFW
My soul called, and it wants it's life back. Only one thing to do. Let's fly.