MISASA Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice Fly In / Expo"

Matters of general interest
CVStrong
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Re: MISASA Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice Fly In / Expo"

Postby CVStrong » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:42 pm

This is Awesome... I will be doing the drive in, as I am not flying yet, but this sounds like the greatest opportunity for someone like me who will be looking at purchasing a trike in the future...

I hope there will be a bunch of trike suppliers there...

Cheers

Craig
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:50 pm

All I can say Craig is chuck that "fling wing" in your Avatar away and come join our world! :lol:

The Shootout is basically to showcase as many different aircraft within the same class and price range... The final choice remains...as always ....yours :)
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi,

I've been enjoying the rain on the Wild Coast - awesome Xmas and I hope your new year is a cracker. The MISASA website has the detail see
http://www.weboonline.com//MISASA/websi ... p?catID=98

The summary is:

Microflight Africa "Spoilt by Choice" Aircraft Leaderboard Shootout.

Date: 4 February 2012
Where: Tedderfield

What:

Breakfast fly-in. Early to 9am
* Members of the Aero Club (all sections) are invited to fly in to Tedderfield.
* A free breakfast will be on offer to members, their family and friends.
* There will be a prize awarded at the prize giving for the best trike and another prize for the best LSA aircraft.

Show morning. 9am to 1pm
* Walk and see more
* Members get to see the aircraft on display (and those about) and to view the photo competition entries.
* Suppliers of aircraft and or accessories may display/sell and or promote their aircraft/products - bring your own tables etc

* Members may if they so wish do fly-bys etc

9.00 to 13.00 Supplier presentations - Chairman: Editor: Alan Mackenzie
* Suppliers will take to the podium and do presentations on their aircraft and or products.
* Suppliers may offer prizes and or products and or offer to help - e-mail nemo@webo.co.za
* Four 15 min slots are still available contact Alan 072 823 2341 husseyam@absamail.co.za (Alan Hussey) to book a presentation slot or to display your aviation related goods or services.

* Booked slots:
9am Hendrik Loots: Apollo
9.20 Andrew Pappas: Bantam
9.40 Stefan Coetzee: Safari
10.00 John Waterson: Savannah
10.20 Richard Stubbs: JK05 & Topaz
10.40 Mike Blyth: The Sling
11.00 Stephane Duponsel: Optisteam etc
11.20 Paul Lintott: Air Magic
11.40 Open at this stage
12.00 Open at this stage
12.20 Open at this stage
12.40 Open at this stage

For these presentations a sound system, proxima and computer with screen will be available. Supported media will include video CD/DVD, Powerpoint, Keynote and other by arrangement

13.00 - 14.00 Lunch: A Free roll with lamb on spit/boerewors filling and cash bar will be available.

14.00 - 16.00 Shootout - all entered aircraft will be on display
* The shoot out will take the form of a Moot Court.
* The Editor will be the Judge and he will invite all members present to form a Jury.
* The Jury will decide by popular vote. Each Jury member has one vote in each category.
* Yes, you (members) can promote and vote for your own plane - just tell us why you think it is the best.
* All "MISASA" aircraft must have a max take-off weight of 600kg and all will be split into R100k categories.
* Trikes will compete against LSA etc. - it's a shootout re value for money - and yes, it's a subjective opinion survey.
* Members and members who are suppliers will be given 3 minutes to say why they bought and or prefer a given aircraft.
* The Judge will present the entries
* The Jury will vote on a winner in each category.
* Winners will receive a Trophy, full page ad in the mag, an advertorial story on their aircraft and be promoted to the membership for the balance of the year on the website.

Other sections of the Aero Club are invited e.g. Soaring trikes, paragliders, balloonists etc - if they make arrangements MISASA will supply a trophy. They get to vote on their aircraft and not on ours. They get free meals for themselves and their family/friends.

16.00 - 16.30 MISASA Committee meeting open to all members

16.30 - 18.00 Stage Show
* It's a very popular live musical called "Mad about Music"
* Johan Engelbrecht, Caron van Schalkwyk and Johan van den Heever

18.00 Prize giving
* Best trike
* Best LSA
* Shootout
* Photo Competition
* Any other prizes gathered/offered

18.30 Social: A Free roll with lamb on spit/boerewors filling and cash bar will be available.

What can members offer to do to assist:
* Be there - fly in, attend the presentations, shoot out committee meetings etc
* Offer to take someone who flies in home for the night and offer them a bed.
* Manage the Spit Braai's
* Offer to drive some people home who flew in if the weather turns bad etc?
* Have a great time.

Please let John know that you will attend 082 553 1105 jb.brokers@gmail.com (John Boucher)- it will help with arrangements - no of chairs, marquee size needed etc

* if you would like to recommend a Marquee provider and a table and chair hire co - please send quote to nemo@webo.co.za > Minimum size about 600 sqm > 30m x 20m and re chairs and tables - please provide provide pricing. Set up/delivery - Tedderfield Friday 3 Feb to Sunday 5 Feb.

A hangar will be available for trikes re those that want to bring a bedroll and spend the night in the Marquee.

1. Whatever you do BE THERE
2. Send suggestions for improvements to me at nemo@webo.co.za

Fly safe
Nemo
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:14 pm

John Boucher wrote:Aviation related? vhpy
Of course!
Plane-less
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

This sounds awesome ## ##

Would have loved to fly in and take the price for the best looking bird (-) but my baby will still be on the waters :oops: :(

So we will definitely be driving in for this one ## ## ## puff
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:01 pm

D2O
Of course!
But then sir.... how may we refuse your presence vhpy

I think the suppliers, vendors etc. should if they do not have such a setup, consider displaying their goods in at least a GAZEBO or maybe even a tent...

We also hope to have RAASA / ATNS representation.... who knows?
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:06 pm

John Boucher wrote:D2O
Of course!
But then sir.... how may we refuse your presence vhpy

I think the suppliers, vendors etc. should if they do not have such a setup, consider displaying their goods in at least a GAZEBO or maybe even a tent...

We also hope to have RAASA / ATNS representation.... who knows?
Fantastic!
I have an easy shade, but if there's a gazebo it'll be a better place for vendors to show off their goods.
If you need sound equipment or music, I can help out. Free, of course.
Just holler :wink:

Will also be driving in myself, as my trike's still in dire need of repair.
Plane-less
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Yes please re the sound and or music system. Please e-mail me at nemo@webo.co.za - or post it here - re what you can assist with. The music would be good for the evening hangar talk and the sound system good for the moot court when people are given turns on the "soap box" and for the supplier presentations - we now only have 2 slots left for formal presentations - after these are gone suppliers will be encouraged to participate but they must erect their own display ( aviation stand or flea market / smousing stand etc - the more the merrier - who can resist a toffee apple - even if it flies badly ) in the area where the aircraft entries are displayed. If we get a huge response - we will hire another marquee. If you want to sell toffee apples or koeksisters - just be sure to tell John that they fly! there is no qualifying conditions - it's a fun day for like minded people - their family and friends. What's wrong with the

RONDLOOPENDEPENSWINKELTJIEMANNETJIEMETDIEWARMSAAAMOOOOSAS! KOM KOM DIS BALKE TOE!

We are spending a wack on the stage show as I do not think that pilots want to boogie to a disco - so - they do English and Afrikaans renditions and the shows I have seen them do were awesome - bring the family.

Also if anyone can get good Marquee , table and chair hire quotes please do get the suppliers to e-mail me, Alan Hussey or John Boucher. If many want to sleep over maybe we should do late night movies ?

Fly safe
NEMO
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:05 am

Right Guys,

Just to clarify a few things.

After discussions with other members of the Commitee, and after a good response from our Supplier Community, the decision has been taken to set up a second "Presentation" area to enable more Suppliers to showcase their products/services. At my count there are still 13 (15 minute) slots avalable so please contact me asap to make sure you book your slot ##

1st Come First Served

Alan Mack will be updating the website....

....as we allocate the slots so you can see who will be presenting what, where and when.

Furthermore, you are welcome to come set up a stand/gazebo of you own to sell your wares on the day subject to the following:

1: Your goods/services are Aviation Related (Anyone welcome)
or
2: If your goods are not Aviation Related, that you are at least a Misasa Member ##

Please PM or call me to book space and we will try our best to accomodate you. (^^)
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Bundy, the objective is to promote our sport..right, why not target the aero modelers and also the hardly dangerous bikers ?

Several well placed emails may get a day out for interested parties and maybe a few flips will do the trick ?

please no second hand cars though...or chinese mall types..
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Only 6 slots left... ##

Your thoughts are noted, thanks Paul.
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:13 pm

The following agenda is a moving draft - please do check http://www.weboonline.com//MISASA/websi ... p?catID=98 for updates.

Microflight Africa "Spoilt by Choice" Aircraft Leaderboard Shootout.

Date: 4 February 2012
Where: Tedderfield

What:

All Aero Club Members are encouraged to make a day of it for themselves plus family and friends. Bring your own tables, chairs, gazebo's, umbrellas, cool boxes, braais and whatever you want to make yourself comfortable. No fires on the ground - must be a webber etc - braai's will be in demarcated area. If you disturb others you will be asked to leave - the Chairman of MISASA and or Tedderfield representatives/officials will have the final say.

Breakfast fly-in. Early to 9am
* Members of the Aero Club (all sections) are invited to fly in to Tedderfield.
* A free breakfast will be on offer to members, their family and friends.
* There will be a prize awarded at the prize giving for the best trike and another prize for the best LSA aircraft.

Aircraft Show - all day : members aircraft - shootout enties and any other aircraft is welcome to display eg models, gyro's, EAA aircraft etc
* Walk and see more and or attend a presentation
* Members get to see the aircraft on display (and those about) and to view the photo competition entries.
* Suppliers of aircraft and or accessories may display/sell and or promote their aircraft/products - bring your own tables, gazebo's etc etc
* Members may sell "what have you" except for soft drinks and other beverages - bring your own tables and gazebo's etc

MEMBER DISPLAY / SUPPLIER DISPLAY STANDS
- Bring your own gazebo's, tables & chairs or what have you.
* MISASA: Managed by Rob McFee - at the entrance to the Marquee
* African Pilot: Managed by Athol Franz and staff- at the entrance to the Marquee
* Optisteam: Stephane Duponsel - outside the clubhouse
* Noel Green: Aviation related regalia - outside the clubhouse

* Members may if they so wish do fly-bys etc. Chat to John Boucher who will chat to RAASA re any limitations.

8.00 to 13.00 Supplier and Regulatory & Advisory presentations over breakfast
* Suppliers will take to the podium and do presentations on their aircraft and or products.
* Suppliers may offer prizes and or products and or offer to help - e-mail nemo@webo.co.za
* Four 15 min slots are still available per hour. 5 minutes change over will be allowed.
Please contact Alan 072 823 2341 husseyam@absamail.co.za (Alan Hussey):
- Suppliers to book a presentation slot or to display your aviation related goods or services.
- Members to display/sell anything else but not soft and other beverages.

Chairman: Alan Hussey Venue - In the Clubhouse
8.00: Collect breakfast & go to the marquee
8.20: Collect breakfast & go to the marquee
8.40: Collect breakfast & go to the marquee
9.00: Karl Jensen: The EAA Needs You
9.20: Open
9.40: Open
10.00: Open
10.20: Open
10.40: Open
11.00: Stephane Duponsel: Optisteam etc
11.20: Paul Sabatier: Cobra Cable Ties
11.40: Open
12.00: Lize Gerber: Kilo tracking systems
12.20: Open
12.40: Rob Mcfee: Because you are worth it

Chairman: John Boucher Venue - in the Marquee
8.00: Santjie White - Search and Rescue
8.20: Santjie White - ATNS
8.40: Pierre Laubser - RAASA
9.00: Hendrik Loots: Apollo Trike
9.20: Andrew Pappas: Bantam
9.40: Stefan Coetzee: Safari
10.00: John Waterson: Savannah
10.20: Richard Stubbs: JK05 & Topaz
10.40: Mike Blyth: The Sling
11.00: Paul Lintott: Air Magic
11.20: Jenya Zozulya: Soaring Trikes
11.40: Mervyn Reynolds MISASA Q&A: Competitions
12.00: Alex Rudd MISASA Q&A: Safety
12.20: Rowena Kraidy MISASA Q&A: Technical
12.40: Athol Franz: Aviation Photography

Should presenters wish to swop for an open slot - e-mail nemo@webo.co.za If presenters wish to swop slots please contact the other presenter and then advise nemo@webo.co.za For these presentations a sound system, proxima and computer with screen will be available. Supported media will include video CD/DVD, Powerpoint, Keynote and other by arrangement

13.00 - 14.00 Lunch: At the clubhouse.
A Free roll with lamb on spit/boerewors filling and cash bar will be available.

14.00 - 16.00 Shootout - Judge: Alan Mackenzie. All aircraft entered will be on display in front of the Airplane Factory Hangar which will be closed. They are letting us use there 50m x 50m flat (bricked) apron area plus toilets etc.
* The shoot out will take the form of a Moot Court.
* The Editor will be the Judge and he will invite all members present to form a Jury.
* The Jury will decide by popular vote. Each Jury member has one vote in each category.
* Yes, you (members) can promote and vote for your own plane - just tell us why you think it is the best.
* All "MISASA" aircraft must have a max take-off weight of 600kg and all will be split into R100k categories.
* Trikes will compete against LSA etc. - it's a shootout re value for money - and yes, it's a subjective opinion survey.
* Members and members who are suppliers will be given 3 minutes to say why they bought and or prefer a given aircraft.
* The Judge will present the entries
* The Jury will vote on a winner in each category.
* Winners will receive a Trophy, full page ad in the mag, an advertorial story on their aircraft and be promoted to the membership for the balance of the year on the website.

MISASA CATEGORIES (entries to be added)
< R100,000 :
< R200,000 :
< R300,000 :
< R400,000 :
< R500,000 :
< R600,000 :
< R700,000 :
> R800,000:

OTHER CATEGORIES - more categories to be added
EAA: BEST AIRCRAFT ON DISPLAY

Other sections of the Aero Club are invited e.g. Soaring trikes, paragliders, balloonists etc - if they make arrangements MISASA will supply a trophy. They get to vote on their aircraft and not on ours. They get free meals for themselves and their family/friends.

16.00 - 16.30 MISASA Committee meeting open to all members.

16.30 - 18.00 Stage Show in the Marquee - MC - Donald Hicks: The "high street" price of this show is about R300 per person. It's free bring family and friends. All Aero Club members may attend and invite others - just - please confirm numbers with John Boucher (see below) so that the marquee is big enough and so that we have enough chairs.
* It's a very popular live stage musical called "Mad about Music"
* Johan Engelbrecht, Caron van Schalkwyk and Johan van den Heever

18.00 Prize giving in the Marquee
* Best trike: Shootout Trophy & Air Magic Prize
* Best LSA: Shootout Trophy
* MISASA & Other Categories: Shootout Trophy
* MISASA Photo Competition: R5,000 helmet & coms prize sponsored by Air Magic
* Any other prizes gathered/offered by suppliers etc will be added.
After the Prize giving those that want to spend the night can claim a spot inside the Marquee.

18.30 Social: At the clubhouse
A Free roll with lamb on spit/boerewors filling and cash bar will be available ie Great pub snacks and hangar talk option for the entire night! Bring your guitar and your performing pet!

Free Meal Arrangements will be :
- Breakfast > 6 am to 9am > Boerie/Hot dog rolls - Tea and Coffee
- Lunch > from 12 pm to 2pm > Rolls with lamb on spit or boerie filling - Tea and Coffee
- Pub Snacks > from 6 pm to late > Rolls with lamb on spit or boerie filling - Tea and Coffee

What can members offer to do to assist:
* Be there - fly in, attend the presentations, shoot out committee meetings etc
* Offer to take someone who flies in home for the night and offer them a bed.
* Manage the Spit Braai's
* Offer to drive some people home who flew in if the weather turns bad etc?
* Have a great time.

Please let John know that you will attend 082 553 1105 jb.brokers@gmail.com (John Boucher)
- it will help with arrangements - no of chairs, marquee size needed etc

If you would like to recommend a Marquee provider and a table and chair hire co - please send quote to nemo@webo.co.za > Minimum size about 600 sqm > 30m x 20m and re chairs and tables - please provide provide pricing. Set up/delivery - Tedderfield Friday 3 Feb to Sunday 5 Feb.

A hangar will be available for trikes re those that want to bring a bedroll and spend the night in the Marquee. Depending on space needed - trikes will get preference on a first come first served basis.

Please do circulate this info to members of the Aero Club Sections ( any section), Aero Club Staff, RAASA Staff, CAA Staff who are encouraged to attend (with friends and family). Please do let John know that you are attending so that we can cater accordingly.

Please do participate - bring your planes any type: model planes, gyro's, balloons, paragliders, soaring trikes etc, the more categories the better. Other section aircraft will be put in one category - MISASA will provide a trophy and the Moot Court with a jury of that section's members only will vote for a winner. If more categories are needed this can be discussed. Contact Alan Hussey to make arrangements for trophies etc
Remember it is not open to the public and it is not an airshow.
NEMO
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:56 am

Now only 5 presentation spots left.... ##
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:06 am

Another presentation slot has gone - plus The Snake Team Dusk (Trike Fireworks) display has been added. John is working on parachute drops and (lads in mini's but Zulu1 wants bikers) please do let us know what you can add to the fun day.
NEMO
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

MISASA Spoilt by Choice Fly-In TEDDERFIELD 04/02/12

Postby John Boucher » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:13 am

Good morning all.... very little time for the MISASA Shoot Out at Tedderfield on the 4th February 2012

We would like an indication of attendance. This is for various logistical reasons and to plan a little better.

I know, no one is going to drop me a message and say - hey, I'm gonna be there... :lol: so the reason for the poll.

Those attending.... kindly send me an e-mail at jb.brokers@gmail.com
Name :
Contact Number :
Number attending :
Last edited by John Boucher on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil: