MISASA Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice Fly In / Expo"

Matters of general interest
Gaylord Focker
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Re: MISASA Tedderfield "Spoilt for Choice Fly In / Expo"

Postby Gaylord Focker » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:48 am

I fJeffrey,s not going im not going xxx xxx xxx
Wild Chicks,Cold beer,KY Jelly and Gt450 Nothing else required!!!!!!!!!
THE FORCE IS STRONG ON THE DARK SIDE
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 am

We wanted to do that last year and "piggy-back" on RAASA's Roadshow. Sadly that never materialised as the program just got too full. Morph had the venue arranged with the approval of the Morningstar committee. Let's see what transpires after this event and the committee meeting.

Just for interest sake... the S&R presentation we had at Morningstar when AAD was on, attracted more than 75 attendees... but I am sure with such an event, we'd attract more visors from the countryside. Maybe then the RAASA Roadshow would be back on track and once again piggy back on that - thus maximum exposure!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:46 pm

TEDDERFIELD-X-500-LOW-RES.jpg
TEDDERFIELD-X-500-LOW-RES.jpg (90.29 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
* Hangar 38 is on the south side - weather permitting the Concert in the Park will be on the lawn in front of Hangar 38.
* The cream hangar on the South Side - is Hangar 8 - On the apron to this hangar will be the aircraft entries
* Fly-in aircraft will be parked in one long line on the north side - on the grass - leaving the grass runway open on the northern side of the tar runway
* The clubhouse is the building to the north of the line of hangars on the north side.

Eish - it just keeps getting better!

We now have another venue. Hangar 8 so the presentation venues are close. Also we have some 100 free demo flights on offer ( Sling, Safari, Savannah, JK-05, Explorer etc) with more to come - register to stand a chance - see http://www.misasa.co.za to register and to see the latest programme AND (hopefully) an awesome guitarist (import) for the clubhouse evening ( a few cold cokes etc) plus AirMagic get Hangar 38 for COMS checkups etc before the "concert in the park" kicks off!

Suggestions for improvements are encouraged.

Fly safe
NEMO
I have now joined the ranks of wannabe pilots!
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Ok - add to the line up the Lambada, the Flamingo and the 1st Amphibian aircraft in SA - the Sea Eagle _ just keeps getting better - let us know if you are attending please
NEMO
alanmack
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby alanmack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Add the Texan TC & The Texan Cub

18 competition entries will be on display - please notify us for catering purposes if you are to attend
NEMO
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi all,

After going through a couple of T shirt designs with Alan, we've decided to put the designs to a vote.
Winning vote gets printed and sold on the day. Orders can be taken after votes are closed, and we've finalised a design.
To vote go here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17516
Plane-less
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:12 pm

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE - you can do it here or give details and needs by filling in the form > http://www.weboonline.com/MISASA/websiteform.php?id=307

Can it be true that only 70 people so far are going to attend this event? :(
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:36 am

Should you source a pilot shop vendor, could you please have them confirm to bring along the latest maps e.t.c. and we could take place for our various airfields?
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:59 am

The Aviation Shop has booked a spot....

http://www.aviationshop.co.za/functions/default.asp
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 am

Tumbleweed wrote:Should you source a pilot shop vendor, could you please have them confirm to bring along the latest maps e.t.c. and we could take place for our various airfields?
You read my mind Tumbleweed 8) I'll get onto that...Most shops dont sell 1:250000 maps....will be nice to ask him to bring some....PM me the Maps and scale you want and I'll try get an order list going! 8)
CVStrong
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby CVStrong » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:36 am

Bundy wrote:
Tumbleweed wrote:Should you source a pilot shop vendor, could you please have them confirm to bring along the latest maps e.t.c. and we could take place for our various airfields?
You read my mind Tumbleweed 8) I'll get onto that...Most shops dont sell 1:250000 maps....will be nice to ask him to bring some....PM me the Maps and scale you want and I'll try get an order list going! 8)
One of the best sub R100 spends I have ever made, was getting the dvd from Comet aviation with all the electronic maps on it...

I can look at what I want, and print just the section that I want, and draw all over it... then file it away for later reference... Then when I want a clean fresh map I just print a new one... if I just want to look at something, I can do it on the pc... I have all of them stored in my tablet too, which means that I have all aviation maps for South Africa with me all the time...

If you have the time and patience, you can get the electronic maps from the government at no charge, but it is much quicker and easier just to buy the dvd...

Cheers

Craig
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 am

Do you have a link for the electronic maps from the government perhaps?

TON up..... 100 confirmed.... I even see Dark Helmet has done the right thing! (^^)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:47 am

CVStrong wrote:
Bundy wrote:
One of the best sub R100 spends I have ever made, was getting the dvd from Comet aviation with all the electronic maps on it...

I can look at what I want, and print just the section that I want, and draw all over it... then file it away for later reference... Then when I want a clean fresh map I just print a new one... if I just want to look at something, I can do it on the pc... I have all of them stored in my tablet too, which means that I have all aviation maps for South Africa with me all the time...

If you have the time and patience, you can get the electronic maps from the government at no charge, but it is much quicker and easier just to buy the dvd...

Cheers

Craig
I must invest in this! I do still want a 1:250000 Map laminated for my hanger though... (^^)
CVStrong
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby CVStrong » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 am

Bundy wrote:I must invest in this! I do still want a 1:250000 Map laminated for my hanger though... (^^)
What works really well, is to take the electronic map you like best to a printer who can do large scale prints and lamination... I use guys in Randburg opposite the Sandton Clinic, called E-Print and Copy...

I am looking for the link John asked for, just battling to find it at the moment... will post it as soon as I find it...

Cheers

Craig
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 am

CVStrong wrote:
Bundy wrote:I must invest in this! I do still want a 1:250000 Map laminated for my hanger though... (^^)
What works really well, is to take the electronic map you like best to a printer who can do large scale prints and lamination... I use guys in Randburg opposite the Sandton Clinic, called E-Print and Copy...

I am looking for the link John asked for, just battling to find it at the moment... will post it as soon as I find it...

Cheers

Craig
Most helpful of you Craig...thanks meneer!
Any idea on the cost of the CD (Aeronautical)?