Microlighters SENSORSHIP.

Matters of general interest
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:46 pm

In another thread I reported the following, after receiving an unsolicited message from a forum member. I suspect I was not alone in receiving the message.

gertcoetzee wrote:
Really! I thought the idea of a forum was that those inclined to agree or disagree are free to share their responses.

Why would someone elicit responses in private mails? And by the looks of it this was done in bulk mail fashion. Moderators please!

Help !
Sent: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 am
To: gertcoetzee 

Hi gertcoetzee,

May I ask you a favor ?
Read this : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11314&p=170861#p170861. (you'll have to register). You'll understand quickly the situation.
Then, if you accept : respond aggressively after this forum message.
If you had friends who could write that they will never buy a motor with a company that has such practices, it would be nice.
If someone could say that the company may know the fate of Jabiru, it would be perfect.
Unfortunatelly people are not so aggressive. They only say : "sad". They should say : "scandalous", "shameful".
If the Belgians saw the way they are perceived, they will understand what will happen to them in other forums of the countries that are their largest
markets (France and the United States).
I will soon threaten them to expose their methods in forums around the world as to compel them to send new parts. Before, they need to see a sample here in this SA forum.

Cheers.
My message was subsequently deleted.

Why has this been done?

The original author send me some futher messages, saying

It's not very kind of you
Please erase your message.
If you were scoundreled like me you would be please to find some solidarity
Solidarity is not elicited like this.

Read the complete topic ... and try to understand what hapenned with this belgians and the south african who has built my aircraft .

Administrators and moderators have received the same email.
Why are you doing this ?
You prefer scoundrels than honnest people ?
Administrat
I have, I do, and you might have a valid grievance, but take it up with them or your lawyers, not with forum members through private messages. Your grievance has had the benefit of 6 pages on the forum.

Furthermore, the victim of the scoundrels IS A MODERATOR of this forum
If this MODERATOR was responsible for removing ky message, he needs to explain his actions.
Last edited by gertcoetzee on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Microlighters SENSORSHIP.

Postby Rudix » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Yes, I agree, I also did not appreciate his second PM to me and then the deletion of my post!!
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Thanks, Rudix, I messaged Demon about this. The issues are
1. Anyone can debate a topic on microlighters,
2. No-one should be the victim of unsolicited emails, messages etc ,
3. When this is pointed out on the forum, a moderator should not be allowed to delete the message without explaining the reasons. (that is unless he is an ANC member of parlaiment and believes information should be filtered to us, the masses).

The fact that you got two of these solicitations, means that others will also be p%$$ed off about this.
DarkHelmet
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby DarkHelmet » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:10 pm

I've also had these, we have also had mails to admin@ ... Have not had time to investigate yet.
gertcoetzee
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby gertcoetzee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:37 pm

I had a message from the admin, criticising me for bringing this out on the forum (at least he has not yet deleted my repost). The point there is ...

The reason I "spat" it out on the forum is that HE solicited my opinion .. Read his message, he wants me (and I suppose all those he contacted) to criticise those he felt done in by in public. So if I did that, you would not have had a problem with me "spattong", would you?

The point for the administrators is whether they are going to delete posts which are not what they want to read. If so, we can just as well issue a ANC card to every moderator.
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Gert,
I tried to explain as well as I could in the private message why I deleted the post. I am not getting into a public depbate regarding the matter. As I said, please contact MYR privately and sort out whatever issues you might have. I do not see why it has to go public. Rudi, ek sal jou bel en verduidelik. Hierdie publieke besprekings kom nooit nerens nie.
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
McCraken
Pre flight checks done

Postby McCraken » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:10 pm

I would strongly object to a PM requesting that I put out an opinion as though it were mine.
Not what I thougt Microlighters was about.
PA32 301 XTC
Cheetah XLS 2200
KFA
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby KFA » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:21 pm

I agree whole heartedly with you.. I do not agree with the method but the fact of the matter was that the request was done PRIVATELY. Use it or not was up to you. Contact the requester privately and sh.... t in his head if you must. You can ask the admin to ban the user if you must. My point was that it wasn't nesseceray to make the pm public. I do not want the factory forum to become a boxing ring and that is why I deleted the posts. I will read through all the posts again and delete every one that is not related to the specific topic.
Luck-The moment when preparation meets opportunity.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
"Opportunity Is Missed By Most Because It Is Dressed in Overalls and Looks Like Work." - Thomas Alva Edison
BUSHPILOTS FLY TAILDRAGGERS
Failure is not the opposite of success, it is the stepping stone for success
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:30 pm

KFA wrote:Gert,
I tried to explain as well as I could in the private message why I deleted the post. I am not getting into a public depbate regarding the matter...
:shock: .... Then perhaps resign as a moderator (if you are one, how else did you delete the post?).

KFA, with all due respect, if the discussion has anything to do with you then you should not moderate or be in a position to delete posts that you may not like simply because you have the power to do so.

This is what free speach is all about, if you don't like what is being said, defend yourself in the open and do not abuse the power you may have as a mod.

Perhaps your moderator status should be reviewed...?

Len
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:07 pm

This is what free speach is all about, if you don't like what is being said, defend yourself in the open and do not abuse the power you may have as a mod.
Fair comment !
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:41 am

As far as I am aware and my logic says that if a MOD is actively participating in the thread, he may not Jury within that thread. Consistency of the actions of a MOD is of paramount importance. Strange thing though, I also complained about a couple of threads of late which does not really have a room here without response (not this issue by the way) I did however make the decision to exercise my right to IGNORE such threads in future! :)

So, is KFA a MOD and in which section as I don't see his name anywhere? If not, then someone must have deleted the post not so? :?
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Postby John Young » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi Gert,

You have some valid points.

I didn't respond to the PM as experience has taught me not to form an opinion based on the input from one party.

There are 3 sides to every complaint.

Regards
John
Was a sEXY trike. Now registered as N457YJ
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Was nou nie eintlik nodig om jou stertriempie SO te betjorts nie. As n post my nie eintlik aanstaan nie, ignoreer ek dit net, en as ek n PM kry behandel ek dit as n PERSONAL MAIL. MAW, dit het boggerall met enige iemand anders uit te waaie nie. Hou dit so asb. Dankie vhpy
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:52 pm

I'm not even part of this discussion (or as my learned friend Dave Lehr says, "I have no horse in this race") ... but I do like what Demon has to say..

Cut the crap...

Lets go fly!!!

(^^)
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:41 am

Gyronaut wrote:
Cut the crap...

Lets go fly!!!

(^^)
This is the only statement here that I can make sense of.... :) (^^)