Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Whats up in microlighting??? Zebula invite from thatch

Postby Dish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:04 pm

HMMMMMM - im thinking,

How about

A WEEKEND UNDER THE STARS ???

What we need to do is perhaps base ourselves at you for the friday night... fuel up and get cracking EARLY saturday to a destination Far north where we camp under the wing. If we plan it right we wont need to carry more than our tents. Lets look at something north that has facilities for camping and a runway.. fly there, beetle around the area during saturday, camp under the planes and then back to you for breakfast on sunday and then disperse to our various airfields???/

Must admit I was BLOWN away by the zebula night sky - absolutely gorgeous and reminded me of sodwana days way back when.... saw at least three shooting stars on saturday night and it had NOTHING to do with the beer,....

Just a thought, suggestions welcome
RV9
DISH
MADDOG
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby MADDOG » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:28 pm

A few more week ends away like this one and my handbrake will make sure I sleep under the stars for ever!
Aquilla the Hun
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 pm

yeah - im sure you will miss her for the first few days - after that will just be pure bliss :lol: :lol: :lol:

(-) (-)
RV9
DISH
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:34 pm

DISH

Now you are Talking Dude. Can i join that flight out ?
Have got some Idea's of Locations ($$) ($$) ($$)
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:41 pm

if you got a plane (no matter what so long as it gets you there) your welcome.... and all venue suggestions very welcome.... needs to be :

Cheap - Affordability is important as with fuel etc these weekends can mount up bucks wise
Runway - Good condition and at least 650 usable to ensure ease of entry / exit for most
Facilities - Toilet / showers/ Braai facilities and PUB
Fuel - available within a few NM's of where we are...

the rest is just luxury -

ACTUALLY - Ive just thought of a place - Shumba valley in the drakensbeg area - but i think thats a three day weekend fly away - for next year....
RV9
DISH
MADDOG
Almost a pilot
Almost a pilot

Postby MADDOG » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 pm

yeah - im sure you will miss her for the first few days
I missed her this weekend - I think I was aiming a bit high!
Aquilla the Hun
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Now we are cooking with gas puff

Just one small request lets just wait for my plane to arrive :oops: :oops: as it was not so lekker looking at you all when you left me on Friday :cry: :cry: :wink:
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
Dish
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Dish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Okay we will go south to the field of camping - then you dont have to look at us.... LOL (JUST Kidding big fella) - given that we are already in December, I cant see us having another one before february ?? by which stage your baby will be here !!! So dont stress Krokodil.... jy sal defnitief vir die volgende een saam wees.... ook Taillie and air hog en miskien coyote.... die groep grooi !!!
RV9
DISH
Thatchman
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Thatchman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Mufasa why don't we just do all the things you want to do :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about starting a new thread under flying events xxx
Parasitic Drag: A pilot who bums a ride and complains about the service.

ZU - forePLaY
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:32 pm

I agree the v rabbit is the best thing around ## ## (^^)

The only thing is... that I could still pick them up on my handheld 30nm away and boy o boy radio Madman @ 6000ft can talk a lot of SH#T (**) (**) :wink: :lol:

:mrgreen:

All that I can say is that I was on top of the world ##

Paul..this is surely your best ever...I am sure Tank Slapper heard the Shuttle landing on the moon with his altitude and your V-Rabbit :lol:
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm

I am game for the trip :!:

This is what myself,Gary and Ettiene spoke about doing as well...lets put some serious hours on dem babies... (^^)

Wooohooo =D*
Hawkeye
Signed up at flight school

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 pm

So the question is Tankslapper????

Here is the truth (or my version at least) - I was under the impression is would work like a Horse whip and make this damn Donkey 503 of mine go a little faster ^

From my side a big thanks to all - Mafusa for the thread & plane inspections, Thatch and Gaylord for babysitting the slow trikes, Big D for the goooooood Whiskey ## my head was killing me.

My wingmen from the Chaingang, and also Tribal and Landy, great hospitality and thanks for the juice (^^) but not for the Tank slapping evidence :oops:

Count me in all you peeps are awesome, good to see you Havoc.

Loved it and will be there for the next one (^^) (^^) (^^)

Ok will let Radio Rafiek take over the post now ($$) ($$) ($$) ($$)
Hawkeye
X-Winds
Raptor
ZU-CFO
Tailspin
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Tailspin » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:51 am

Hawkeye wrote:So the question is Tankslapper????

Here is the truth (or my version at least) - I was under the impression is would work like a Horse whip and make this damn Donkey 503 of mine go a little faster ^

From my side a big thanks to all - Mafusa for the thread & plane inspections, Thatch and Gaylord for babysitting the slow trikes, Big D for the goooooood Whiskey ## my head was killing me.

My wingmen from the Chaingang, and also Tribal and Landy, great hospitality and thanks for the juice (^^) but not for the Tank slapping evidence :oops:

Count me in all you peeps are awesome, good to see you Havoc.

Loved it and will be there for the next one (^^) (^^) (^^) Hawkeye / Tank Slapper

My Gemini is nearing completion rapidly, you can count me in on those get aways :!: Yes it is a 503 :!:

Ok will let Radio Rafiek take over the post now ($$) ($$) ($$) ($$)
Gavin van der Berg - ZS-WWF
“The genius controls the chaos”
One of the Proud Chain Gang Founding Members
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:35 am

Morning :)

So here we go...

Friday morning Alpha flew to Crosswinds from Klip...he can give you details there...I picked him up after returning from RAASA where I renewed my licence,was my first renewal...so I have been a licenced pilot for exactly a year on the Sat 26th...what an Anniversary...woooohooo ##

Back to the story...so when I get to Crosswinds,we get our cans,fill them up plus we had to borrow a can from Trev as we were short...so now my Corsa became a Fuel Tanker :lol:
We fill our tanks and strap our kit,gear and FULL TANK of JUICE on the back seats...so we are shweet..happy..head home to my place where Etienne.aka.HawkEye..now TankSlapper picks us up.

So we head to Crosswinds,via Spar for some meat and cooldrinks..We get to Crosswinds,where we make sure all is tied down well and we ready to go.Tankslapper now realises he need more juice as the two 25l he brought was to fill his aerie coz it was thirsty. ##

So after filling the aerie,we ask if he is going to get juice at the garage less than 5km's down the road...he reckons he will not,but he will put some two stroke in the empty can and tie that to the backseat..so when we get to Zebz,he will fill with juice...

Haha..so much for that...

So we idling,ready to taxi when the two awesome birds arrive..Thatch and Gaylord...

We take off and route to Aeroden,while the big boyz are watching over us as it was bumpy and not the usual flying we used to,also we were on our own chat frequency"first for me" as Thatch was monitoring both frequencies...so...as we get close to the Northern ridge,Thatch advises it would be best to pass Aeroden as there are rotors coming off the mountain since we had a bit of a tailwind...so what do I do...press "goto Zebula on the GPS"..switch on the mp3 player and get the music going...when I look again...everyone is missing..all of them gone.. (**)

Now I start calling where are you guys,what is your position..does anyone have my visual... :lol: Thatch and Gaylord had all our visuals..thats when I realised I was 4miles west of everyone else,but headin in the right direction.. ##

So as we pass over the Northern ridge which was a b!tch as it seemed like for some reason there was heavy sink and I was not climbing as I thought I would..I hear my 503's boyz...first I hear Alpha.."Madman,can you see me..I am at your 3 o clock..bout 4 miles from you",then I reckon cool..coz I can't see sh!t.Then Alpha and Thatch says go right and keep going right...thats when I finally saw them and my heart just relaxed and I enjoyed the ride...

Waaaahaaaaa...that is when I heard.."My Can came off the backseat and is fluttering on the side of my trike"..it was HawkEye..I asked if he is going to land at Aeroden and tie it down...he said no,it will not come lose..the one piece of rope he tied down properly..worked...lmfao

Sooooo...that is how he went from HawkEye to TankSlapper..his reserve Tank slapping him around on route to Zebz...

Yeeehaaaa....what a weeekend...looking forward to the next one..

Feel free to add you bits of the flight...it was super fun and super funny ##

(^^)
MICROHEADSON
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby MICROHEADSON » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:10 am

Good Day Gentleman,

Unfortunately MH, MHFLUFF, MHSFLUFF, and myself had to stay over at Zebula for Sunday and Monday ( hard life) and only got back today so we have not been able to thank all invoved for the brilliant weekend.
Really enjoyed meeting all you chaps (or is that chops ) :lol: ........ good " clean" fun had by all. (^^)
I have plenty pics of everyones so I will sort and post ASAP.......
Once again "BIG UP GUYS"... (^^)