Microlight Helmets

Matters of general interest
Gerhard van Rooyen
Looking at the sky

Microlight Helmets

Postby Gerhard van Rooyen » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Does anybody knows if Buzzcom Systems are still in operation. can't seem to get hold of them.
JvTonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Microlight Helmets

Postby JvTonder » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:26 am

This question is being asked a lot the last couple off days, seems that Larry has vanished. :?
Flying feeds the soul!
HENNING JOHAN
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby HENNING JOHAN » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Gerhard van Rooyen wrote:Does anybody knows if Buzzcom Systems are still in operation. can't seem to get hold of them.
Ask Zulu 1 for his new range of helmets!! (^^)
FLY SAFE!!FLYBOY OBD.Aerotrike Scout 503 ZU-CAI.
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:09 am

We will be making a non-military version of this helmet in the next week or so, ideal for the coastal pilot that wants some head protection but uses goggles. They use a internal harness system and is much cooler than a normal helmet. The headband attaches internally to the shell, this will allow other types of headbands such as GA headsets to fit easier due to the internal "air gap" between the shell and the harness mesh. One size fits all. The military product is designed for Oakley goggles the same as this unit. Will not be expensive either. Obviously should anyone wish a bullet proof unit we can supply ex stock in the following colours also..Covert Black, Woodland Green, Nato Blue, Press Blue and Desert Sand. Non Military will also be available in these colours but also standard gelcoat White, Blue, Yellow, Black and Red.

Never thought about a civilian unit before...

see this for further details

http://www.globalarmour.com/product-Cre ... 14cid2.htm

Zulu1
Attachments
Condor helmet.jpg
One size fits all
Condor helmet.jpg (7.98 KiB) Viewed 5224 times
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
Gerrit.Tromp84
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby Gerrit.Tromp84 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Hey Guys have a look on www.gtflycom.co.za for Microlight Helmets

Gerrit or Michelle
GTFlycom
GTFlycom
Info@gtflycom.co.za

Let's wake up every day to a perfect day of microlighting!
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Broederstroom (Magaliesberg) - home airstrip Aeroden

Postby John.com » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Gerrit.Tromp84 wrote:Hey Guys have a look on http://www.gtflycom.co.za for Microlight Helmets

Gerrit or Michelle
GTFlycom
The GTFly.com helmets are 1000% better than the "one size fits all with gaps for cooling" rubbish offered previously.

I talk from experience having purchased and flown with the "one size fits all with gaps for cooling" type for over three years! Headaches after 30mins of flying and passengers with smaller heads having to support the helmet throughout the flight! ## ##

There really is NO comparison! Unfortunately, you do have to buy a few size options for varying passenger head sizes but you can build up over time.

Comfort combined with pilot/passenger safety is paramount.

Thanks Gerrit for the great product and the service that goes with it!
John Comley
ZU-BST (the Beautiful Seductive Temptress)
Magaliesberg, South Africa
Read my flying blog here . . . http://johncomley.blogspot.com/

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"
Madman
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Madman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:51 pm

John.com wrote:
Gerrit.Tromp84 wrote:Hey Guys have a look on http://www.gtflycom.co.za for Microlight Helmets

Gerrit or Michelle
GTFlycom
The GTFly.com helmets are 1000% better than the "one size fits all with gaps for cooling" rubbish offered previously.

I talk from experience having purchased and flown with the "one size fits all with gaps for cooling" type for over three years! Headaches after 30mins of flying and passengers with smaller heads having to support the helmet throughout the flight! ## ##

There really is NO comparison! Unfortunately, you do have to buy a few size options for varying passenger head sizes but you can build up over time.

Comfort combined with pilot/passenger safety is paramount.

Thanks Gerrit for the great product and the service that goes with it!
Well,

I beg to differ ## ## ##

I have been flying with Airmagic since I started flying..I love their lids for the fact that they are so comfortable and adjustable.The fact that they can be adjusted allowed me to fly with my kids and all the other people I took for flips.

NO headaches and I have been flying with it for over 4 years now...

Perhaps you should have asked for a manual on how to safely and comfortably put on a helmet...then you would have no headaches after 30 minutes...

None of my Pax had to hold the helmet while flying, they were all and still are very comfortable...so PIC error there ##

It is nice to welcome new people, but don't put down the old dogs when you have been using them for years ##

Three years from now some other dude pops some new goods and poor Gerrit is the guy with the 30 minute in flight headache producing system (**)

youtu.be/

s023
ZU-BVV "The Black and Yellow Beast"
"There's a party in the sky"
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 am

I have also been using Airmagic for over 4 years now....no problems and I'm happy.... while it's working. :wink:

Unfortunately that is only one side of the coin and a product is only as good as it's back up. ##

Nice to see some alternates being offered, where are you based Gerrit?
coline
First solo

Postby coline » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:02 pm

For what it is worth, I find the Lynx UK system the best. (Have used the local ones for many years so I am quite familiar with them)

For me flying with contact lenses the visor and helmet/headset wind leakage is just better. Eyes do not get irritated by cold wind. As a plus, the comfort, visor lock and strap catch is just that one notch up!
Gerrit.Tromp84
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby Gerrit.Tromp84 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:28 pm

Guys not to brag or boast with my product but I challenge any one of you with what ever helmet you have that you can find in RSA won't have better safety standards nor the comfort or durability than my Helmets! Am willing to put my money where my mouth is! Give me the safety standard written on your lynx, Airmagic, buzzcom and.....
And they're specs, weighs material's used....

Then show to me what after sales support you have for them.

If my helmets are worse and my after sales service is worse well.... I'll eat my brothers socks...

Have a look on my website for materials used and look at the standards of ecer22-05.

And hey my helmets just looks great!! I'll offer free demo tests and I guarantee you will say; thank you Gerrit you have an excellent product!
Attachments
20160411_223446_crop_904x746-640x528.jpg
IMG-20160405-WA0008_crop_658x748-600x682.jpg
GTFlycom
Info@gtflycom.co.za

Gerrit.Tromp84
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby Gerrit.Tromp84 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks for the complements guys! And please don't think I'm Down talking the older products. They were great for their time. But as we all know everything evolves and gets better and better.... an I am one to find the latest out there to see what makes it better and if it's better.....

I am willing to trade old helmets in on new helmets...

I'm based in Centurion
GTFlycom
www.gtflycom.co.za
GTFlycom
Info@gtflycom.co.za

Gerrit.Tromp84
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby Gerrit.Tromp84 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Another nice pic of the GTFLYCOM Helmets
Attachments
20160411_223411_crop_803x746-640x595.jpg
GTFlycom
Info@gtflycom.co.za

Gerrit.Tromp84
I hate bird strikes
I hate bird strikes

Postby Gerrit.Tromp84 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:46 pm

@ Madman. I never down talked the old dogs... I respect them greatly! It's them who made it all happen for us by putting all the guidelines in place. But we must realise no person can work forever and it's now the time for the new generation to take their place. They are the foundation that we are all built on. As we all know there are only a small hand of knowledgeable people left in our beautiful country, that are willing to make things happen. And only with all your support can is be sustained.

What I'm trying to say is give the new kid on the block a fighting chance just so that I can help you help yourselves.

I am a passionate pilot that loves my hobby and hate to see fellow wingman struggling because they have stuff there is no support for!

Thus I promise each of you to give you the best of my support on products that was not sold by me and the supplier of it is not available.

I have built a good reputation out there and I can guarantee you it will stay that way.

Thanks for all the support my fellow flying friend and many happy landings.

Gerrit Tromp
GTFlycom
GTFlycom
Info@gtflycom.co.za

Biggles
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Biggles » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:43 am

Hi Gerrit

Will these helmets fill over any headsets? I have airmagic headsets.
Trike pilot

Aerotrike Scout
ZU-DNP
Biggles
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Biggles » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:43 am

And to all the others. What helmets are currently available?
Trike pilot

Aerotrike Scout
ZU-DNP