Is this Normal??

Matters of general interest
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Re: Is this Normal??

Postby Air Hog » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:33 am

Surely we have some legal guys on the forum, is this "Non refundable deposit" thing legal under the new Consumer act?
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
Grumpy
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Grumpy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:44 am

John Boucher wrote:Aaaaah.I even have my own emoticon > (!!)
The face shape YES, but not the darkies. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Hope the weather is calm tomorrow !!"
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby falconp1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:02 am

Grumpy wrote:NAME the guy.(bob).............. and give him a chance to respond. There's always 3 sides to a story. (^^) (^^)
If its a genuine mistake, then it's easily rectified by simple apology and manners, vhpy vhpy
if it's not a mistake and he's a 'chancer' send in the heavies. They sort okes like this out quick quick.. ## ##
I agree Grumpy,
My thoughts were that this guy has had to deal with one to many thoughtless unscrupulous tire kickers hence his harsh conditions of sale.
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
freddievanrooyen@yahoo.com
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:05 am

To improve access to, as well as the quality of, information that is necessary for consumers to make informed choices,
To protect consumers from health and safety hazards,
To promote consumer education,
To establish a legal framework for the achievement of a consumer market that is fair, accessible, efficient, sustainable and responsible,
To promote fair business practices,
To protect consumers from unfair, unreasonable and/or improper trade practices,
To protect consumers from misleading, deceptive, unfair or fraudulent conduct and/or actions, and

To provide for systems of dispute resolution and enforcement.
I do think there is provision made for this....

but also briefly check this out....
The Act will affect virtually every business that trades in South Africa. It is even applicable to government, where it operates as a supplier.

Voluntary associations such as clubs, trade unions, associations and societies will equally be affected with regard to goods and services provided to their members.

This Act applies to the supply of all goods and services (including importers, distributors, retailers and other role-players in the supply chain), as well as to the promotion and marketing of these goods and services.

Common business practices like; advertising, marketing, contracts, standard terms and conditions, product labeling, promotional competitions, pricing policies, returns policies, franchises, business names, product liability and product safety and even to an extent business language will be strictly regulated.
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:15 am

My thoughts were that this guy has had to deal with one to many thoughtless unscrupulous tire kickers hence his harsh conditions of sale.
This may be true Falcon. But seeing that Grumps is in the estate agents business, ask if they charge their prospective clients a "non refundable holding deposit" when "showing" houses to prospective clients. The said agent now under the CPA finds himself in a precarious position as he too now becomes liable for defects of the product he is marketing and has not disclosed. I think I would be dirtying my pants now if I was a second hand car salesman or any salesman for that matter (which I am!) (**)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 am

John Boucher wrote:
This may be true Falcon. But seeing that Grumps is in the estate agents business, ask if they charge their prospective clients a "non refundable holding deposit" when "showing" houses to prospective clients. The said agent now under the CPA finds himself in a precarious position as he too now becomes liable for defects of the product he is marketing and has not disclosed. I think I would be dirtying my pants now if I was a second hand car salesman or any salesman for that matter (which I am!) (**)
Difference is that you work Under FAIS ACT , So you already have measurements in place !!
Autogyro - Calidus ZU- ???
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:57 am

Yes, only the one business I have. The other one falls slap bang under the CPA.... :-(
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:47 pm

........ shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Wat hoor ek.............................

NIKS! ':-
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
OzGyro
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby OzGyro » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:50 am

falconp1 wrote:
I agree Grumpy,
Hi All

falconp1 - can I please ask you to define a thoughtless unscrupulous tyre kicker?? I send this guy one email asking him about a gyro that he previously had advertised for sale. He responds in order to reserve the gyro for me he requires a R30,000 non refundable deposit payed into his personal account. Considering this guy is an agent/broker, the fact is he dosn't even own the aircraft and is taking money into a personal account dosn't quite sound right to me, in my mind this is unscrupulous behaviour. Have a good read through all the posts here and you will see that a pattern is very evident in BOB's behaviour and has been ongoing for quite some time, only difference is I chose to to question his business ethics and motives and expose it for what it is and I make no appologies for that. If it only saves one person in the future one single Rand then I consider it worthwhile, to many guys here work to hard to live there dream only to have someone come along and turn it all upside down, I am just an average guy looking out for mine and others best interests, maybe I have got it all wrong :?: :?:

Safe flying to all.
Cheers
Darren
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:04 am

Thanks Darren , if we as aviation nuts stick together and expose behaviour like this ,it might save someone a lot of money in future.Darren i would still like for Bob to explain how he puts these deals together , but suppose that will not happen .

All my dealings always have been direct with buyer and seller and had no problems .

Safe flying and maybe also something to discuss at Gariep
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:15 am

It all boils down to ethics doesn't it? :roll:
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
falconp1
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby falconp1 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:46 pm

OzGyro wrote:
falconp1 wrote:
I agree Grumpy,
Hi All

falconp1 - can I please ask you to define a thoughtless unscrupulous tyre kicker?? I send this guy one email asking him about a gyro that he previously had advertised for sale. He responds in order to reserve the gyro for me he requires a R30,000 non refundable deposit payed into his personal account. Considering this guy is an agent/broker, the fact is he dosn't even own the aircraft and is taking money into a personal account dosn't quite sound right to me, in my mind this is unscrupulous behaviour. Have a good read through all the posts here and you will see that a pattern is very evident in BOB's behaviour and has been ongoing for quite some time, only difference is I chose to to question his business ethics and motives and expose it for what it is and I make no appologies for that. If it only saves one person in the future one single Rand then I consider it worthwhile, to many guys here work to hard to live there dream only to have someone come along and turn it all upside down, I am just an average guy looking out for mine and others best interests, maybe I have got it all wrong :?: :?:

Safe flying to all.
Cheers
Darren
Hi Darren
Please dont take my thoughts to be an attack on your person or noble cause. That was not my intention. Lets hope we hear from this fellow and get some clarity on the matter.
ZS-WVD CONDOR
ZU-CIW Challenger 11
freddievanrooyen@yahoo.com
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:23 pm

How about a challenge to BOB. Tell us your side of the story!!
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
Jabbanaught
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jabbanaught » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 am

Air Hog wrote:How about a challenge to BOB. Tell us your side of the story!!

Does not look like it !
Magni M22 - ZU EGA
Big Man
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Big Man » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Dit is tipies van Bob. Nou dat hy moet verduidelik, is hy tjoepstil......

Hy speel net so ''volstruispolitiek'' noudat sy ''verkoper'' via hom my bykans R10000 moet terugbetaal
vir kostes aangegaan om die gyro ge-''ATF'' te kry.

Kom nou Bob, stel jou saak, of moet ons jou maar by die naam noem???

big man
I refuse to grow up.
ZU-CKX; ZU-ERN; ZU-LSC