Is this Normal??

Matters of general interest
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Re: Is this Normal??

Postby Bundy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 pm

OzGyro wrote:Hi All
Grote wrote:John Boucher is reg , stuur hom in sy moer met Gyro en al , Hy maak van ons almal `n fool , hy kan by die Landbank loop job soek , as hy eerlik is kan hy mos sy Gyro met foto en al hier adverteer . Ek is so die moer in vir jou part dat ek sommer nou `n dop gaan drink .Cheers .
Translation please someone.

Cheers
Darren
Darren, in very simple terms, he says that you should tell Bob to Piss Off, he is feeling so bad about your situation that he intends to calm himself down with a cold beer... ha ha.

Perhaps we should turn this thread into an educational one? I am also in the near future going to be buying a plane and am quite weary about parting with cash without some sort of garuantee that the deal will go smoothly. Come on guys, how should a purchaser go about this and what is the norm when buying a plane?
The Big V
Pre flight checks done

Postby The Big V » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Likewise am looking at buying sometime in the future - great idea Bundy
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:10 pm

I usually want a test flight and a pre purchase inspection. (Or change of ownership ATF inspection) i pay for the inspection else he gets hi maatjie to say alis is lekka and then you stuffed. Cash changes hands at same time as CAR47A does (2 copies) and if I can I do it at CAA so he is there to verify the signature. Not always possible but saves hassel. I get Avdex and CAA confirmation of who owns the aerie. if anything other than individual get Cipro search as well. Never take over the company... (Not worth the shit that always follows) It one took me 18 months to get CAA to transfer an aerie I bought because the guy owned the plane in a trust and not his own name and the other trustee would not sign....
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
Ranger
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Ranger » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:28 pm

Sounds like a SCAM. A lot of similar things happen on Gumtree every day. ##
I sometimes get confused............But i'm not sure
Boet
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Boet » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Name and shame da bastard. :twisted:
Jean Crous
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Jean Crous » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Yes name him , it is guys like this that bugger up the aircraft industry and cause harm to honest individuals who buy/sell aircraft for a living :( :(
The new front seat solo Cubby MK2 powered by Rotax 912 S 100hp
Cubby Aircraft Factory
Suppliers of Nitrate, Butyrate, adhesive, Fabric
Email: cubbyaircraftfactory@gmail.com
Jean Crous
SACAA Approved Person 402
OzGyro
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby OzGyro » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:49 am

Hi All

I am very sure that BOB frequents this website and has probably seen what has transpired during this thread, hopefully he will wake up to himself and change the manner in which he does business. As people have said its guys like this who do the industry harm and damage the reputation of legitimate dealers/brokers/individuals that deal in the aircraft industry for a living. Maybe with a little more investigating I can establish a trend in BOB's behaviour then it would definately be in the best interests of the industry to name and shame him. If anyone has a need to know BOB's identity in the meantime then PM me and I can pass on the info.

Cheers
Darren
Ranger
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Ranger » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:09 am

Hi OzGyro

I am in the market for an aircraft but will only purchase one if i can put down a substancial deposit or non refundable holding fee. Can you please suggest someone you may know or have heard of doing deals in this manner. Maybe there are other folk on this forum who would like to do business in this manner as well so i wouldn't mind at all if his/her name is made public. Hope you can help. Thank you
I sometimes get confused............But i'm not sure
Big-D
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Big-D » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:15 am

vhpy vhpy

Never mess with pilot's - We are a small, close community (^^)

Incompetence and greed from service providers in grass roots aviation will not go unnoticed without everyone eventually knowing, but then again - If someone delivers a truly great service like Zulu (Airmagic) and Gideon Niemand (Rotec Air) and Jenya (Aerossa) - We should give credit where it is due to these guys too

Most guys in aviation are great, small percentage of chancers

Glad you raised this issue Ozz

D
Big D
Splinter
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Splinter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:52 am

Don't know if this is a personal deal or done through an "agent". When my father bought his gyro a month or so ago he was also asked for a non refundable deposit from an "agent" on this forum!

We never had communication with the previous owner and only the "agent". In order to get the gyro into our hanger as soon as possible we offered to pay Anthony from Ela for the repairs and service bulletins that were still outstanding on the gyro. Even though the "agent" said the gyro was brand new and in perfect condition there were parts damaged that needed to be replaced before it could be signed out by Anthony.
The process of getting approval for repairs from the previous owner THROUGH the "agent" was very slow and frustrating, purely due to lack of effort from the agent. These cost were for the original seller and the "agent" confirmed via email that the seller is willing to settle his portion of the bill with us after we pay Anthony as we requested some other work to be done that was for our own cost. After the cost of these repairs were agreed upon through the "agent" the gyro was paid in full so that the paperwork could be sorted. We also paid the "agent" for the registration and ATF renewal of the gyro but once again effort was lacking and we ended up spending a full day at CAA ourselves as he did not have any logbook for the gyro

We paid Anthony for a job well done, flew the gyro home and sent the paid bill to the "agent" so that the seller can refund us the amounts he was liable for. Well we are a few moths down the line now and still no payment received. The "agent" states that we must handle the matter with the previous owner with whom we have never spoken and that it is not his problem. Unfortunately I cannot mention names as we are in the process of taking legal action BUT BE CAREFUL FROM WHO YOU BUY THE PLANE OF YOUR DREAMS!
Lower, Lower ...........
Jetman
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Jetman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:25 pm

AAii... Aiiiii.... now I know who Mr Bob is. Thanks Splinter

Hope you enjoy your new flying experience.

Cheers
Skin
ZU-FDE Apollo Delta Jet
ZU-IHK Sling
ONE LIFE....LIVE IT
Splinter
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Splinter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Skin wrote:AAii... Aiiiii.... now I know who Mr Bob is. Thanks Splinter

Hope you enjoy your new flying experience.

Cheers
Skin
Dont know if OzGyro`s Mr Bob and our "agent" is the same guy but just be carefull!

ZU-RED
Lower, Lower ...........
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Vehicles, plant, houses, aerries; its all the same and comes down to paper work and integrity.

Buying houses with consealed defects, buying furnished property to find out the previous owner and the agent start sharing the contents after the deal, people selling cars that they inherited from deceased family without paperwork e.t.c. I've been shafted by most- especially the
"Toe maar, we'll fu$#%k them up" bottom feeder lawyers.

If everyone was just up front and says,"my commission only involves a sales lead, let me find out for you, the extra sh$t" instead of playing wheeler and dealer and commits to things without a mandate that the owner can't afford or wont agree to.

I think the hussle of asking a deposit is to convince the seller that he the agent wants sole rights to sell the aerrie. The only time you should agree to a deposit is when you have viewed, tested the goods and want to reserve the rights to buy at an agreed time once your finances are in place.

Rather horse trade and bargain down the purchase price to allow for any 'speed bumps'
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Splinter
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Splinter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:53 am

Tumbleweed wrote:The only time you should agree to a deposit is when you have viewed, tested the goods and want to reserve the rights to buy at an agreed time once your finances are in place.'
We did not know anything about gyros at the time, we flew trikes. We had a look at the plane and it looked spotless. The "agent" assured us the gyro was in perfect condition and we paid the non refundable deposit! We wanted Rainier from Springs to test fly the gyro for us before we paid the deposit but the paperwork was not in order (ATF ect). Only after transporting the gyro to Anthony OURSELVES for inspection did we hear that there were service bulletins outstanding in the hub bar, fuel system and that the main gear had a bend in it (not visible to a novice). So now we have paid a nonrefundable deposit for a gyro that cannot receive an ATF due to the above mentioned. To make things worse the gyro suddenly had 50 extra hours (more than advertised) as there was a problem with the hobbs meter. BE CAREFUL OF THE "AGENT"
Lower, Lower ...........
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:09 am

One way of getting rid of tyre kickers **

Think about this... said Bob has 4 aspiring clients that all pay the non-refundable deposits... now Bob is a gambling man, say all four's deals or financing or offers are withdrawn... said Bob sits with R 120 000 for doing what... ZIP!!!!! (**)

Isn't there a law that prohibits one from "conditional selling"? What does the new Consumer Protection Act have in stall for this gent? The commission payable should in my opinion be something between the seller and the agent and not the other way round. :roll:

Once the legal proceedings have been finalised and an outcome achieved... I think any aspiring client needs to know of his scrupulous & devious methods! :idea:
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil: