Looking for quicksilver instuctors

Matters of general interest
Bullseye
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Looking for quicksilver instuctors

Postby Bullseye » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 am

I recently bought my self a quicksilver mx 1 , i am looking for somebody that own and instuc on these planes, becouse tht mx1 is a one seater.thanx bullseye
The Sky is not my limit, it is my playground!!!
C205
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Re: Looking for quicksilver instuctors

Postby C205 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:56 am

Bullseye you don't say where you are situated. You may have to find someone with the MXII (two-seater) and then convert to the MXI. You also don't say whether you already fly or if you are doing ab initio training.
Regards
Quicksilver MXII ZS-VAP
Quicksilver MXII ZU-BOW
FAWI 123.5
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Bullseye wrote:I recently bought my self a quicksilver mx 1 , i am looking for somebody that own and instuc on these planes, becouse tht mx1 is a one seater.thanx bullseye
Hi Bullseye!

We have a rated instructor at Rhino Park. I asked him for a conversion onto a mk2 Saturday and he said no problem. I have just inherited a mk2 so if you are close enough we can talk!

Fly safe,
Rudi
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
Bullseye
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby Bullseye » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Im in Heilbron Free state,about 60 km from vereniging, but i will drive. i have some flying expierence, but not much, must do my licence.
The Sky is not my limit, it is my playground!!!
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Bullseye wrote:Im in Heilbron Free state,about 60 km from vereniging, but i will drive. i have some flying expierence, but not much, must do my licence.
That might be a bit far to travel for full training since you would need to do the trip often but if you are prepared to do it and have no other option I am sure it can be done. I need to have the MX2 inspected to put it on my name, the plan was to then do a conversion on it before deciding what the future of the plane would be. The plane has sentimental value for me since it belonged to a good friend so I might keep it.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." ;)
C205
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby C205 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:13 pm

Rudix - will be a change from the rest of your toys! :lol: You need to pack a lunch and coffee to do a circuit! :lol: We love ours and have lots of fun. I have two should you need a spare one :twisted: , but one does not fly.
Unfortunately we are also too far for you Bullseye. There will be many of the 'old school' instructors that are still rated on this microlight, I'm sure there'll be someone closer to you.
Quicksilver MXII ZS-VAP
Quicksilver MXII ZU-BOW
FAWI 123.5
Rudix
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Rudix » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:30 pm

C205 wrote:Rudix - will be a change from the rest of your toys! :lol: You need to pack a lunch and coffee to do a circuit! :lol: We love ours and have lots of fun. I have two should you need a spare one :twisted: , but one does not fly.
Unfortunately we are also too far for you Bullseye. There will be many of the 'old school' instructors that are still rated on this microlight, I'm sure there'll be someone closer to you.
Hi C205!

Yes, a bit different from what I normally fly! I remember taking some extra fuel along in my plane for my buddy when we did a "cross country" with him flying the Quicksilver! Rhino to Delmas and then he needed to refuel. I actually also have 2, one flying and one as spares vhpy

I am looking forward to my conversion!