I needs some help

Matters of general interest
witwillem
Top Gun
Top Gun

I needs some help

Postby witwillem » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:37 pm

I farm on the Springbok vlakte there near Nylstroom.
We plant spanspeks en warter lemons, and now we has a big problem.The bojanes and aardvarks eat these things in the night wen its dark and sometimes in the daylight too
I want someone who can shoot these blerrie things of drive the trike if you dont thinks that i can flie.
we get good money for these things mar as die blerrie bojane en vark daaran vreet kry ons net vuil briewe van die meester vannie bank . My pa se dis hoog tyd dat ons die goeters vrek skiet en dis hoekom ons help nodig het . Pa kan skiet mar is blerrie bang om te vlie so as daar iemanis wat kan help lat my weet ons sal jou lat haal en jy kan n tollie kry vir jou se yskas
lat weet sou as moontlik want die groet vreet die paas onder on sen dinges uit gouers as wat ons dink
willimpie
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: I needs some help

Postby Leprachaun » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:40 am

Hi willem , ek dink nie jy is die regte pad nie , dis baie gevaarlik om uit n trike te skiet .
Die feit dat jy of iemand anders vlieg en dit met n geweer kan net tot n tragedie lei .
Daar is vroer vanjaar n Bantam super six in n ongeluk betrokke in die noord Kaap - twee mense dood.
Ek stel voor jy praat met natuurbewaaring of die plaaslike veearts en stel wippe en verwyder dan die Bobbejane en varke .
Moet asseblief nie probeer uit die lug uit skiet nie , bel my asseblief dat ek sien of ek jou dalk kan help .
Laai daai waatlemoene (watermelons ) vroeg mark toe die vaalies is op pad seetoe - roer jou litte ander verloor jy nog meer
Groete Alex - 0825688635 of 012 4609194
A pilot lives by perfection , or not at all!
ZULU1
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby ZULU1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:51 am

This is the best thread Microlighters has ever had, made my morning. definitely a job for 617 "Oddball" squadron.

Brilliant and enjoy your day

Paul
Centrifugal force in pure Physics does not exist, however this does not apply to Taxi drivers..
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:56 am

We had a good discussion about this a while back. A farmer needed me to fly him to shoot jackal.

Consider:
You can't see flying wires etc through a scope :|
A huge 357 empty cartridge going through the prop (**)
Someone even mentioned the effect of the shockwave on the carbs (^^)

Happy hunting Willem vhpy vhpy vhpy
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
Bayliner
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Bayliner » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:19 am

I agree with Kloot Pilot. If this needs to be done from the air then go the helicopter route with a professional hunter or perhaps a game ranger. No one in his right mind is going to this sort of thing from a trike, gyro or 3-axis. :!: :!:
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:04 pm

vhpy Hi, Is Jy Witwillem van die Beeld??
As ek hierdie stukkie vir my seun gee om te lees gaan hy jou kontak. Hy jag op voet en Nylstroom is naby my plaas..Het al paar keer soontoe gevlieg..
Laat weet my.. :)
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
witwillem
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby witwillem » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:35 pm

My pa has spoke to Simon near Marken who is a pilot and shoot big bucks for rich peoples from other countries - Simon say he will shoot the erth pigs but the bojans must be catched and the main man must be painted with kalk en let loose and he will make the others fright and when they run he will will run with them and they will run faster beacause they are bang for him and they run in hulle se moer in en they dont come back ever - so sais Simon
he flies nogal with a yellow big boet windlass blue top 582 .
dit lyk of die ou kan - my pa is contacted him to sort out this before the eat all the spanspeks and waterlemons
thank yous for the helps do far willempie
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:45 am

I can feel a pulling on my leg here
Greg Perkins
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:47 am

Hi Witwillem , just want to clear up something here - Youre not Jorrie by chance ???? :o :o
To catch the Baboons isnt easy ($$) , I hear they say you must take a big pumpkin , cut a small hole in the middle where the stem is and hollow it out , take some pumpkin pips and lay them on the pumpkin. puff
The baboon wil eat the pips , they love it and when he puts his hand in the hole got get more , he doesnt let go , so he is stuck with one hand in the pumpkin and you can safely catch him , Talk to Dr Huber at Nylstroom , the local vet who can dart him and away you go . xxx
Los die gewere en daai goeters want iemand gaan seerkry . ##
N vriend se die aardvark vreet nie spanspek of waatlemoene nie , moet nie hulle uitroei nie , ** Groete Alex
Leprachaun
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:06 am

Leprachaun wrote:N vriend se die aardvark vreet nie spanspek of waatlemoene nie , moet nie hulle uitroei nie , ** Groete Alex
Leprachaun
I don't think he is talking about Aardvark(ant eater) or Vlakvarkke (warthog). If it is night raids then it is probably the Bosvark (Bushpig)
Greg Perkins
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:43 am

hi Morph , dont you think its the other ous , (not the Pharous) that are stealing his produce , maybe he can salvage some bicycles???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I must say this is a very funny postin :mrgreen: g , but on the otherhand if its your produce that is being raided then its not funny anymore (**) Leprachaun
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:45 pm

:lol: :lol:

Actually I used to belong to an organization called Bushveld Bureau, a voluntary organization that was anti poisoning and cruelty, that used to selectively cull problem animals, and Bushpigs were on the top of the list. Highly destructive, extremely dangerous when cornered, and all this happens at night :shock: . Good to get the old ticker and the adrenaline going I can assure you. We used to do a lot of work in the Nylstroom area. Unfortunately the pigs are very clever, will very rarely be seen in the day (they were only discovered in the early 20th century because they are so brilliant at disappearing during the day)
Greg Perkins
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Haai Witwillem , hoe gaan dit daar - Ek hoor die veearts is terug - ons wag in spanning om te hoor hoe vorder julle
Groete leprachaun
lefssa
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby lefssa » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Just keep in mind that it is illegal to shoot from an aircraft without a permit. It is apparently a serious offence which could put you in civil court
t-bird
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby t-bird » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:38 pm

I grew up on an orange farm next the Kruger Gate.
We also had baboon troubles and tried the catching and painting exercise.

It is true that the troop will run away from this white baboon.

This only took a week for them to get use to this white guy and he was then promoted to leader of the pack.