serious stuff - serious fo sure Read it now !!!

Matters of general interest
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

serious stuff - serious fo sure Read it now !!!

Postby Leprachaun » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:13 pm

There have been two incidents reported to CAA during this last week.
Capt Jordaan was serious when he said that the accident rate will drop by at least 40 % by the year 2011.
The First incident was a trike on a training sortie flying low over Bronhorstspruit dam on Saturday morning.
The pilot was invited to tea with the head of operations on Monday morning and was reprimanded for low flying , flying over a nature reserve and over a gathering of people ( pap gooiers who had a fishvang competition last Saturday morning.
There have been complaints of low flying in the past , they are on the lookout for 3 gyros who like to play follow my leader low level in the same area .
I dont think the pilot and pax will do same again.
Second incident . A trike was seen landing on a tar road in the the northern area of Pretoria - Incident took place at 07h10 and by 08h00 the owner was "invited to tea "at the operations division of CAA . - The owner has been reprimanded by the school , and has his licence revoked for 30 days - The school owner, CIF , safty officer were reprimanded with withdrawal of the privilage to fly and the school owner nearly lost his operating licence.
The CFI had a diciplinerery meeting with the pilot , who was reprimanded by the school , suspended and has to rewrite airlaw - Over and above having tea with some CAA fellows .
Please guys , do not let this happen again as it has an effect on the whole microlighting industry - we dont want to be seen as the baddies.
CAA are reacting now - this is long overdue and I am sure this may not be the last of such incidents .
School owners , CFIs pse lets clean our industry -
We have had two incidents at Rhino Park the last month where one pilot flew without a ATF and the other one removed a plane after a accident without informing CAA .
They will be having tea at CAA soon
Fly safely Leprachaun ##
A pilot lives by perfection , or not at all!
witwillem
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: serious stuff - serious fo sure Read it now !!!

Postby witwillem » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:31 pm

soos hulle sal se in engels you do the crime you do the time -
Dis lankal tyd dat DCA hulle se tanne wys
Daar is n paar ouens wat dit vir almal moeilik maak - wat is dit met hulle ??
Hoe kan jy so onverantwoordelik wees , of is jy dan net damn stupid ??
wel ek se vat hom fluffie - sal tog graag wil weet of julle rooibos tee kry of dalk Earl Grey - watse koekies gaan saam met die TEE - willempie
Sukkelaar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Sukkelaar » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Ek hoor ook dis nie enige tee wat CAA vir gee nie, dis 'green tea' of ' Black Forest' jy kan kies.
Maar k-k sal jy k-k vhpy vhpy vhpy

Groete
Kyk Noord
andreb
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby andreb » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:48 am

I think they serve humble pie with the tea....
Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints

Non scholae sed vitae discimus
Slider
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Slider » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:54 am

andreb wrote:I think they serve humble pie with the tea....
Sh1t en ek het gehoop op Koekies met diertjie op vhpy vhpy

Ok nou hier kom n vraag vir al julle ouens. Ek wil weet of ek die Runway / Pad mag gebruik by Que Sera. Daar is n windkous op en dit is veilig (volgens my) om daar te land vir n Breakfast???
Ek het al BAIE daar geland en dit is geen probleem (Moenie vir CAA se nie, want ek hou nie van TEE nie)
ZU-ALW
Hanger 5-7
Microland
pietmeyer
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby pietmeyer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:15 am

If I am not mistaken, at Que Sera you land on the old road which is not in use anymore? Still want to go there some time for tea but not with CAA
t-bird
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby t-bird » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:42 am

Hi Leprachaun

We had this same debate of flying over Bronkhorstspruit
Low / nuisense flying over Bronkhorstspruit Dam
by Leprachaun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4315

I then pose the question if it is illegal to fly low over the dam. There was no restrictions on Jepperson maps and I even contacted Easyplan.

I had a quick look at the Notams and could also not find one.

CAA are not allowed to ground someone if they fly low where they are allowed to.

If it is based on the noise levels then all the powerboats should be banned aswell.

Why is this not allowed if it is not a built-up area :
There have been complaints of low flying in the past , they are on the lookout for 3 gyros who like to play follow my leader low level in the same area .
topflight
Survived first engine out
Survived first engine out

Postby topflight » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:12 am

I also cannot see the problem of flying low over the dam early morning when no one is around. Most of the fish are still asleep, the oaks that is fishing don't have to worry that they will loose the "BIG ONE" because of the noise vhpy . They probably complaint because they had a huge "babalaas"!!! The landing on the road is a NO-NO!!
Sukkelaar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Sukkelaar » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:15 am

The dam is part of a nature reserve and hence no low flying

regards
Kyk Noord
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:42 am

Nuisance....

Check def of what you are allowed and not allowed to do. The def of nuisance is WIDE. If someone complains you have a problem, especially if they can ID you or your aerie.

Hope CAA are not near Harties on weekends I enjoy the odd low fly by, but I must admit the muther grundies are very vocal about the 9/11 kamakazee trike drivers. What pisses me off is then those self same Mudda Grundies go "play" on their JetSki's and are a MENACE. They can (and have) really hurt someone.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
t-bird
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby t-bird » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:45 am

Sukkelaar I beg to differ.
If you look at a map you would see that only the South Western shores are a Nature reserve.
It is possible to fly over the Dam without touching the Nature reserve.
Leprachaun
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Leprachaun » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:08 am

Its not only about flying low over the dam - There was a gathering of papgooiers in the area (southern shores and the trike followed the southern shoreline below rooflevel - he admittedto me that he did exactly that , But other issues are not reporting incidents/ accidents - removing wreckage from a site without autority to do so .... landing on the tar/ gravel road without a valid emergency etc...... ## ## ## ##
The CAA are now doing the job that they should do - making sure we stay within the law - They have my support for sure .Leprachaun
A pilot lives by perfection , or not at all!
lefssa
Solo cross country
Solo cross country

Postby lefssa » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:59 am

There is nothing illegal about low flying over a nature reserve. The air law clearly states that you may not fly below 1500 ft over a national park ie Kruger. The law however does state that you may not be a nuisance to man or beast. If you fly over an area once en route to somewhere you are not a nuisance, however if you circle or do continued flights over the same area then you may be regarded as a nuisance. This was recently confirmed by CAA law enforcement.
If someone quotes the Areas Protection Act to you, ask them to show you where in law it states that you may not fly low over nature reserves. Also ask them what the definition of a proclaimed nature reserve is. There is no definition. The Government tried to prohibit flying over Proclaimed Nature Reserves in the Areas Protection Act. This prohibition was proposed but was objected to by the CAA and this law that people are referring to in the Areas Protection Act was never promulgated.

Dangerous low flying is however obviously prohibited.
RV4ker (RIP)
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby RV4ker (RIP) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:10 pm

The nuture reserve deal, CAA are adamant about. 1500ft plew any nature reserve and they WILL haul you in for TEA. I have had this confirmed by CAA. They state various laws, which I have not bothered to Check, but unless you are landing or taking off they will make your life difficult, legal or not....

Similarly there is no law stating NTCA may not fly over built up area's (never used to be like that), but CAA have introduced it in the ATF.... Can't point me to law which states it illegal, but if there is an incident you have insurance issues and will deemed to have been flying illegally. Similar situation presents itself with Nature reserves... (There was talk of making it more over reserves but I think that quietened down now)
4 Sale (will trade)
P166S, Jodel, hangar and other odds and sods
Radial - http://tiny.cc/eppqp
Still @ The Coves (Harties) but dream has died
t-bird
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby t-bird » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi Leprachaun

The Dam is outside the nature reserve per the Map. The border is the shore line.
If the guys were low over the dam following the shore line, then they would be legal.

We can’t start assuming airspaces and nature reserves. We need to work on what is published.