Non avi: Broken into South of JHB

Matters of general interest
Dreman55
Pre flight checks done

Non avi: Broken into South of JHB

Postby Dreman55 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Yesterday 1st July at 13h00 my house was broken into. Neighbour saw them leaving and thought I was having work done around the house. Stole new TV (3weeks old) :!: :!:

I brought the TV home myself so no one saw it, neighbour helped carry it in, (47" LCD weighs 50kg).
I have 2 suspicions, Makro made me fill in my address when buying the TV, and the only other to see I had a new tv is my brother in laws gardner who has worked for him for 5 years, did some painting at my house 2 weeks ago.

I never threw the boxes out on the pavement, they are still in my garage so no passers by would know there was a new TV.

There were 5 black men all in the same overalls. They were driving in a Bright Blue Nissan Hardbody Double cab.

Reg no: PHX 276 GP. Chances are it is a stolen vehicle or false plates or both. Just keep an eye out.

Amongst other electronic goods they took my laptop with modem ( that I can track 100%) just a waiting game now.

Apathy from the police that took my statement as well as the guy that spent 5 mins here today and couldn't lift one print made me realise that they will not really investigate it and understandibly so they do have more inportant things to do than track R50k household items.
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Non avi: Broken into South of JHB

Postby kloot piloot » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:08 pm

We are currently profiling criminals in our area.

Was it a clean hit-and-run for the TV only, or were other things stolen as well ?
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
Dreman55
Pre flight checks done

Postby Dreman55 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:12 pm

kloot piloot wrote:We are currently profiling criminals in our area.

Was it a clean hit-and-run for the TV only, or were other things stolen as well ?
No grabbed a laptop, Ipods, Polar heart monitor watch, walked through and picked up Jewelry box and my wifes handbag, sons PS3 (poor little guy is devastated, he traded his quad bike for it). Never went through cupboards though and other than the jewelry box was all electronic goods. Left other TV's video machines and surround sound system, obviously not attractive because they were all old.
kloot piloot
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby kloot piloot » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 pm

FU*K !!! :twisted: We've been targeted lately. The intrusion into my personal space pisses me off more than anything else. May they burn in HELL ! Sorry to hear of your loss.

I was drinking a beer at Aviators Paradise this afternoon when the sun set, and Piet said, "where do you see better than this if it was not for crime to f@ck-up your memory".

:twisted: :twisted:
Roel Jansen
Never say: "I should have ..."
ZU-IAR powered by BMW 1200
Dreman55
Pre flight checks done

Postby Dreman55 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:39 pm

The most frustrating theing definitely is that they were in my house. I do have enough info though to do some tracking and there will be some kind of revenge one way or another. These guys will never only hit one house in an area and then dissapear. They will be around and the neighbourhood will have a few surprises for them.
Africa
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Africa » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:34 pm

I have to be honest. I love living in the states and my 2 little girls are safe at night. It has been very hard to leave the country I love so dearly but the safety of my family makes it all worth while. Sorry you lost so much stuff dude. I hope you catch those basterds!!!Jamie
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:59 am

Back in the late 80's a number of people I knew who bought the then new BMW M3 (Dolphin Shape) had them stolen or highjacked from their houses. All of the cars stolen had just had their first service. It appears that it was only at this stage that the owner's address was entered onto the system. Those that insisted on using a PO Box number had no problems. They later found out that a syndicate was operating from certain Sandton Dealerships.

So this does not surprise me
Greg Perkins
Bugwar
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Bugwar » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Friend in Valhalla had the same issue a while ago.

Watch out! They came back after the TV was replaced.

He bought twice from the same shop.

Perimeter security works for me. Couple of good products on the market.
ZU-EHG - Raptor

Vulture Squadron videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/VultureSquadronZA
johnsa
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby johnsa » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Dreman55 wrote:
kloot piloot wrote:We are currently profiling criminals in our area.

No grabbed a laptop, Ipods, Polar heart monitor watch, walked through and picked up Jewelry box and my wifes handbag, sons PS3 (poor little guy is devastated, he traded his quad bike for it). Never went through cupboards though and other than the jewelry box was all electronic goods. Left other TV's video machines and surround sound system, obviously not attractive because they were all old.
By him a new one a.s.o.p. and while you are bizzy get him the Quad bike back :!:
johnsa
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby johnsa » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Africa wrote:I have to be honest. I love living in the states and my 2 little girls are safe at night. It has been very hard to leave the country I love so dearly but the safety of my family makes it all worth while. Sorry you lost so much stuff dude. I hope you catch those basterds!!!Jamie
Since when are the States secure? Or you are living in the country site but not in NY or LA of Miami they can compete with RSA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... crime_rate
Africa
I hate turbulence
I hate turbulence

Postby Africa » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:14 pm

johnsa, here is a better reflection of what i was talking about http://jlpowers.net/?p=780 this will show you the top 15 most dangerous cities of wich 3 are in SA.
Thatchman
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Thatchman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:23 am

Andre, sorry to hear about the burglary. I feel sorry for the bastard when you catch him.
Parasitic Drag: A pilot who bums a ride and complains about the service.

ZU - forePLaY
Stephan van Tonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Stephan van Tonder » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Maybe I've just been lucky but so far 5 rottweillers have worked fine for me...
Nuts about Cheetahs. Petit is the place.
Dreman55
Pre flight checks done

Postby Dreman55 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Thatchman wrote:Andre, sorry to hear about the burglary. I feel sorry for the bastard when you catch him.
Thanks will let you know if his nuts sizzle when Tazzered with 1.8mil Volts.

Reg was false but looks like the have put a sim into the modem.

Guy from Mapogo A Mathamaga says they might have some info, In the mean time it is just a case of revising security measures.

All info at this point is turning towards the point of purchase, community forum has had similar reports about the same place. I will have to confirm with them first though. It is amazing when this kind of thing happens how many stories you get told. But all are a friend of a friend scenarios, no one can verify anything.

Most irritating is a neighbour accross the road was having a cup of Coffee on her balcony and saw this happening and I quote " I thought something strange was happening but didn't know who to call" WTF!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to repay the favour the dumb stupid B!#$H.
andreb
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby andreb » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:45 am

Sorry about your loss. Just one of the reasons we now in Aus!

Kloot, say hi to Piet, Dale, Udo and Corne for me. Great guys!
Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints

Non scholae sed vitae discimus