Airsick

Matters of general interest
Low Level
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Re: Airsick

Postby Low Level » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:54 am

WOW, nice pic Rudix. This was landing on Nylstroom on Sunday morning.

I must add that softness gets sick if she goes to the cafe on the corner, in the back of a car. Front she is fine as a pax. She therefore already tried almost anything available, that is why I posted the question. Maybe somewhere, someone found something that works for them.
kraaines wrote:there is a brand of pilletjie available from the UAE that helps my softness with the effects (dizinil)
Visited three pharmacies, but to no avail.
ppakotze wrote:Stugeron for sea sickness,make sure you have it in your stomach long enough before the time, otherwise it comes out with the rest. Not for the pilot though as it could make you drowsy.
The reason why she doesn't like it. She tried the Stugeron Forté, cause it is supposed to not make you drowsy, but we can't seem to find it anymore :?: .
Wart wrote:Try ginger preserve and ginger beer
Our previous "long" flight to Mabula she took two cans of ginger beer with. Sipped it through the flight, and it helped a bit. Maybe the carbonated version is not such a good idea. On Sunday she forgot it at home. :oops:

For Sunday she got some capsules from the pharmacist at Dischem - forgot the name. The trip to Nylstroom was fine and smooth, and with the help of our little friends she was fine. I also flew a bit higher which also helped, but I don't like. :cry: - boring.

She took another capsule when we returned round about 11:00. She joined Tinkerbell for the flight back. It was then a bit bumpy, - because of turbulence :wink: - which was not good. She said round about the Cullinan area - about an hours flight - things started to get nasty again, but she managed.
Softness 2.jpg
Softness 2.jpg (84.17 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
Maybe the nice juicy steaks, wors, eggs and coffee had something to do with it. Unfortunately we still do not have a definate answer, except the front seat. (**)
Happiness is: Wanting what you have.
ZU-CFW
My soul called, and it wants it's life back. Only one thing to do. Let's fly.
Stephan van Tonder
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Stephan van Tonder » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:45 am

Eish cullinan area any time after 09:00 is always bumpy.
Nuts about Cheetahs. Petit is the place.
Old, Fat and Hairy
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby Old, Fat and Hairy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:41 am

What Wart said: Give the ginger beer/preserve/tea a go. Hasn't failed me yet.
Wart
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Wart » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Old, Fat and Hairy wrote:What Wart said: Give the ginger beer/preserve/tea a go. Hasn't failed me yet.
I really know that this works; it is in fact an old Chinese remedy (them ox carts must have been bumpy??).
Live: Hillcrest
Work: Pietermaritzburg
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:46 pm

Firstly, I have to say "WHAT A LEKKA LOOKING AERIE!!" :lol:

Secondly, on topic, My brother gets really airsick and seasick. I found that if I let him fly from the back seat and concentrate on keeping us on track and on altitude his airsickness dissappears. Also, if he drives the boat his seasickness dissappears. Ek weetie hoekom nie maar dit is so!

(**)

My advice therefore is: Let her fly. (Be careful you don't get airsick) :lol:

Len
Duck Rogers
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Duck Rogers » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:31 pm

What's airsick, or carsick, or seasick........never experienced it... vhpy vhpy
Sorry for you all.. ##
Airspeed, altitude, or brains....you always need at least two