Dear SWAT PILOTS

Matters of general interest
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Re: Dear SWAT PILOTS

Postby John Boucher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 pm

I am so the hell in now as the finger sensing pad on my laptop was activated and it deleted by simple keystrokes the whole story I had written. May be it is better that way as I may have stepped on some persons toes. I hope to say what I wanted in the original post....

We have a saying in SA - Jy speel nou met die GROOT LEEU SE BAL! Translated it means that "You are playing with the big lion's testicles". It just does sound better in Afrikaans though. Africa is a "tough" country and the bush and conditions seriously relentless and unforgiving!! It's not for sissies and the pilots that DO FLY these areas treat it with the utmost respect and caution.

The persons you wish to "observe" or "track" from the air is not the garden variety cat burglar you get in the UK. They are TERRORISTS with a total disregard for any form of life - animal and human - what makes them even more dangerous is that they can be compared to a "suicide bomber"! They will "die" in the process to achieve what they set out to do. What's more, mostly they are not armed with "pellet guns" .... nope, the weapon of choice being an AK-47. So throw caution to the wind, this ain't no Dr Livingston trek in to deepest darkest corners of Africa. The ball game has changed since then.

If you okes want to do something... ask the Queen to send Prince William in an Apache Gunship or three with lots of armour plating before contemplating the great trek into AFRICA and trying to RESOLVE our plight.
I posted the above on the other thread.... Have a serious chat to Her Majesty and I'm sure she'll save you guys the trip and you can be sipping G&T's rather worry about possibly being blasted out the sky by an RPG ;-)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
flying4rhino
Pre flight checks done

Postby flying4rhino » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Dear John
Your advice is worthy, this rhino poaching scourge is a low grade insurgency and we are aware pilots shall be subject to ground fire from AK 47s, understand this and the need to have appropriate counter measures eg flak jackets and hardened seats etc....This is why drones are preferred and if you could come back to me on your thoughts hereon and any interest to assist with drones.

S.W.A.T is currently engaged in the process of disseminating requirements and supplier details for UAS operations relevant to anti-poaching efforts in Africa. We are currently seeking organisations that may be interested in supporting demonstration and evaluation of unmanned systems for use in anti-poaching operations.

We are, in particular, working closely with a UK company that is developing a UAS system capable of capturing high quality day and night video and relaying it to a base and/or multiple mobile operators up to 50 miles away for a period in excess of 10 hours.

A variant is being designed specifically for operations out of short unprepared runways that is ideal for operations in the African bush. We hope this is going to have a huge impact in providing aerial support to organisations using innovative methods to address some of the tough challenges presently facing anti-poaching operations.

Our partners are investing heavily in the UAS development and due to competition we are remaining necessarily discrete with regard to technical capability until official product launch later this year. I can say that the system will supersede many of the models presently being trialled and will be available for demonstration in the third quarter of 2013.

It is our intention to support any well-meant initiative to assist with the poaching crisis in Africa. We are presently appealing for funds to sponsor demonstration, evaluation and operations for anti poaching operations at accredited Anti Poaching Units, wildlife sanctuaries and conservancies .

There is however, in this tough economic climate, no certainty that we will be able to rapidly generate the required funding to meet our goals and we may have to seek further financial assistance to cover operating costs in support of trials. If your organisation is interested in a demonstration or require any further questions or other relevant concerns that we can assist with. Please do not hesitate to get in touch. We'll keep you up to date with any developments. Matters regarding UAV demonstration please email UAV@swatparol.co.uk http://www.facebook.com/SwatPatrolUk
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks John for the above - you said what I wanted to say - but had to take a deep breath everytime and luckily I did not start posting - my response would have been less "gentlemanly".

Mr Flying4Rhino: While I get VERY upset that an animal (Rhino) deserves your special attention, whilst we are battling violence on a truly AFRICAN scale since your beloved ANC took over rule, I will try to stick to the subject of Microlights in law-enforcement roles, (even though I am seething with anger at the hypocrisy of ANY UK resident.) s093

1. Rhino Poaching in this country is rife because of the reduced capacity of the SANDF and SAPS, under your hero's organisation. (**)
2. It is the duty of your hero's government to enforce law, with military aircraft and military personnel;
3. As John pointed out, we are not dealing here with your typical London-street bag-snatcher - we are dealing with a military enemy;
4. This enemy becomes wise VERY quickly. THE MINUTE THEY START TO ASSOCIATE MICROLIGHTS WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT, THEY WILL SHOOT AT ANY MICROLIGHT PASSING OVERHEAD, INVOLVED IN YOUR PROJECT OR NOT.
5. Your stupidity is clear when stating that your volunteers will wear flack jackets etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WHAT ABOUT ME, A RECREATIONAL PILOT THAT FLIES BETWEEN LIMPOPO, GAUTENG AND MPUMALANGA?? ## The goons on the ground will still shoot, won't they?

You Englanders have caused enough damage by your support of a terrorist organisation, led by your hero. Take your RHINO crusade and F*&%^k of!!!! You are going to endanger the lives of innocent pilots, getting shot at by your hero's voters.!

GO AWAY! WE DON'T NEED YOU!!! s067 s067 s067

(or: START APPLYING YOUR TECHNOLOGY TO SAVE THE SUBJECTS OF YOUR HERO'S GOVERNMENT! F%ck the Rhino - save the PEOPLE!. And don't send HARRY. I'll kamikaze him in my trike, and send condolences to your Queens Corgis! :evil: )

And then halfway through my post the anger at these holier than though aspirant English adventurers took over in any event... :evil: Go fight a crusade somewhere in the middle east you pommie. Leave us alone :!:
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Calm down Asterix...it's Friday! :lol:
I see they're on 2 topics, so I'll post the link to my responses on the other topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20496&start=15

I've about had enough of hearing about this SWAT team.
They're just fishing for funds ad nauseam ($$)
I think the mods should take over soon... ##
Plane-less
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Give us lots of money to go fuck around in a foreign country, we'll strap Go-Pro's everywhere and film the whole lot, then come home and make a series, sell it for millions bla bla bla

Rhino? Fuck the Rhino, save the White Ou.

##
flying4rhino
Pre flight checks done

Postby flying4rhino » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Asterix wrote:Thanks John for the above - you said what I wanted to say - but had to take a deep breath everytime and luckily I did not start posting - my response would have been less "gentlemanly".

Mr Flying4Rhino: While I get VERY upset that an animal (Rhino) deserves your special attention, whilst we are battling violence on a truly AFRICAN scale since your beloved ANC took over rule, I will try to stick to the subject of Microlights in law-enforcement roles, (even though I am seething with anger at the hypocrisy of ANY UK resident.) s093

1. Rhino Poaching in this country is rife because of the reduced capacity of the SANDF and SAPS, under your hero's organisation. (**)
2. It is the duty of your hero's government to enforce law, with military aircraft and military personnel;
3. As John pointed out, we are not dealing here with your typical London-street bag-snatcher - we are dealing with a military enemy;
4. This enemy becomes wise VERY quickly. THE MINUTE THEY START TO ASSOCIATE MICROLIGHTS WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT, THEY WILL SHOOT AT ANY MICROLIGHT PASSING OVERHEAD, INVOLVED IN YOUR PROJECT OR NOT.
5. Your stupidity is clear when stating that your volunteers will wear flack jackets etc. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WHAT ABOUT ME, A RECREATIONAL PILOT THAT FLIES BETWEEN LIMPOPO, GAUTENG AND MPUMALANGA?? ## The goons on the ground will still shoot, won't they?

You Englanders have caused enough damage by your support of a terrorist organisation, led by your hero. Take your RHINO crusade and F*&%^k of!!!! You are going to endanger the lives of innocent pilots, getting shot at by your hero's voters.!

(or: START APPLYING YOUR TECHNOLOGY TO SAVE THE SUBJECTS OF YOUR HERO'S GOVERNMENT! F%ck the Rhino - save the PEOPLE!. And don't send HARRY. I'll kamikaze him in my trike, and send condolences to your Queens Corgis! :evil: )

And then halfway through my post the anger at these holier than though aspirant English adventurers took over in any event... :evil: Go fight a crusade somewhere in the middle east you pommie. Leave us alone :!:

I wonder what save the rhino Uk will have say to some of your comments, especially the generous donations from UK good doers who support Dirk Swart (Hluhluwe) and Lawrence Munro (iMfolozi) http://www.savetherhino.org/africa_prog ... uth_africa
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:27 pm

D2O - I will NOT calm down - here's why:

1. However noble it might seem to "save the Rhino", the approach of getting people flying in pipe and canvas involved in this "noble" battle, will lead to the spilling of innocent pilot's blood. I understand Africa - I live here and have been living here for generations and centuries. I don't get my ques from SKY and BBC;

2. Flying4Rhino displays the typical arrogance of his fellow "Little Islanders", as shown to the world and recorded over 300 years of history. Him and his ilk, post colonialism, yearns back to the years when Africa, amongst other continents, were their little playgrounds where they could come and "save" us lesser mortals. The lust for adventure and conquest flows in his blood, as does the self-imposed superiority, and need for everybody of his input.

3. They love the fact that they can come back to Africa, rally to a cause, (Rhino's, in this instance), and come and play explorer and hero a-la Livingstone again.

4. I say SCREW them! And also - he can start living out his lust for adventure on the streets of London. It closely resembles Africa these days after 22h00 at night, from what I here. They NEED his courage there! (I find solace in the fact that already his little island is being overrun by immigrants, and he will be a minority in his own country within the decade! (^^) )
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm

"Save the Rhino UK" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WHAT UK Rhino's? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sort out your little island as it descents into chaos! Stop worrying about the Rhino. And PLEASE answer me this: "May my family adress your estate for the loss of my life when a poacher shoots me down as a result of your programme?

Dude - such a pity Napoleon failed at Trafalgar.. ##
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Gyronaut wrote:Give us lots of money to go fuck around in a foreign country, we'll strap Go-Pro's everywhere and film the whole lot, then come home and make a series, sell it for millions bla bla bla

Rhino? Fuck the Rhino, save the White Ou.

##
Exactly. History channel is short of new stories - our "Flying4Rhino" thinks his noble crusade will get him some coverage there.. (should not be difficult jugded from the amount of shit they broadcast this last year or so - YUUUUP!

Remember also that he cannot come and save the white ou - that would be racist for the little libtard. (**)
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:25 pm

flying4rhino wrote:
Asterix wrote:Thanks John for the above - you said what I wanted to say - but had to take a deep breath everytime and luckily I did not start posting - my response would have been less "gentlemanly".

I wonder what save the rhino Uk will have say to some of your comments, especially the generous donations from UK good doers who support Dirk Swart (Hluhluwe) and Lawrence Munro (iMfolozi) http://www.savetherhino.org/africa_prog ... uth_africa
Umm.. What I would say is, I encourage all those UK good doers to keep on donating. You can then ask your Queen and her Corgis to apply the funds towards increased nuclear capability. You can then judge public opinion on the extent of the concern about the Rhino's, and once established that the majority of your fellow little islanders sees this as a great concern, you can then again approach your Queen and her Corgis, and ask of Your Ruler and her dogs if it would be okay to NUKE the East. If your rulers - human and canine - are also concerned - they will probably give the go-ahead. In this way, we sort out the problem by killing the market. Rhinos saved.
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Jus. and I thought I was on a roll. :lol: :lol:

Swat team ( is that singular?) you're interacting with bunch of recreational pilots. Why don't you focus your energy with the help of your embassy on your real target, which is the game parks. Go meet and greet the real stake holders and please report back.

Whilst I find you very amusing, I don't want to contribute to your negative thinking. But who are we to give you advice anyway. :lol:

By the way ,only just saw your
SAve the rhino.org
Are you an established subsiduary of this organization or just riding on their tail? :lol:
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Asterix
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Asterix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Ag sorry Tumbleweed - but I am an anarchist! There is no way EVER again that I will not voice my deepest disgust towards UK based incognitos trying to play "Hero in Africa", not understanding what they are dealing with, and how it will affect the safety of us who live and fly here. Concerned about an animal. :evil: :evil: Whilst humans get slaughtered like animals. (Would you like some pictures Flying4Rhino? I can post you some links - but the mods will remove them. Picture the carcass of a goat - just slaughtered. Picture his intestines splattered next to him. And his head, lying 2 metres away. My pics of humans killed by your hero's constituency looks MUCH worse.)

As an aside - I am actually feeling better after my diatribe about ONE thing: I am governed by an illiterate named Zuma, which is bad, but at least - I am not a "subject" of an old hag and her pack of rug-pissers! ^ ^
D2O
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby D2O » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Oh this one is easy....type "google", search.."rhino"...first link on the list goto the website...look for the link to "Africa"...look for the words "South Africa"..find the first names you can, copy and paste...wolla...your reply above!Names listed axactly as per the website word for word (even the bracket placements)! Seriously, the internet has been around for a while.. I can see when you randomly find some names related to South African anti rhino poaching, and just paste them on a forum! :roll:

Funny thing is, through the whole website, I never see ANY mention or reference to SWAT. I would also be careful with name dropping who you "claim" to know or be associated with on a public forum. We're a large community here, and some of us might actually know Dirk Swart or Lawrence Munro. You might be opening yourself up for litigation :wink:
Plane-less
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:51 pm

especially the generous donations from UK good doers who support Dirk Swart (Hluhluwe)
Maybe you should have a chat with Dirk again squire and he may just share a less than pleasant experience :idea:

Here's a thought and you know what prompted by a pommie now living in South Africa and dubbed a white Zulu..... A sincere suggestion from him is to muster the might of MI-6 and its multitude of governmental resources and go to the root of the problem - the Chinese/Oriental Market. They ain't going to listen to our government 'cause they are too deeply embedded up each others arses (kind of up my arse, eating grass and gasping for air situation!!) that they haven't seen sunlight for the last 25 years! There are various wildlife programs of which I do believe your own BBC have investigated the problem - the chinks eat anything - from dogs to scorpions - flood their market with Viagra & Cialis so that they have hard-ons beyond that what they think a Rhino hardened and encrusted hair can give them. Send the confiscated horn, powder the stuff and lace it with Cyanide so that when those Chinks use the stuff and kick the bucket ask - where horn come from - South Africa - ow - potent medicine never use again 'cause you go to the other side of the rising sun!

Sort out the end point - the client - the user and then you wont have the issues you do have now and you'll still be able to sip G&T's and maybe have some Earl Grey, scones, cream and strawberry jam and share the experience with your children.

I have just come back from a prestige function where I met a high ranking Kenyan helicopter pilot. You know what happens in their country... poachers get shot and that's that but it still does not resolve the end point. They do have a program in place where a multitude of their rhinos are "chipped & tracked" on a daily basis!

What Asterix says is true, the last thing we need is a bunch of people buzzing around the skies, trying to do un co-ordinated patrolling and the result is unsuspecting and innocent recreational weekend warriors are suddenly faced with a barrage of ack-ack!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Loco
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Loco » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Dear SWAT pilots, if I may add my 2c, as the saying goes actions speak louder than words or in this case perceived forum/facebook spam, get some guys and come here to SA on your own accord, work in the 'trenches' fighting rhino poaching, then you might win our respect and backing

Cheers
Ant
Anthony Hugo

Crosswinds
Proud member of The Chain Gang
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18311
http://www.facebook.com/groups/574736389205283/