Illegal flying

Matters of general interest
avgas
Top Gun
Top Gun

Re: Illegal flying

Postby avgas » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Induna wrote:Hi,

Renewed my license in September, immediately send the docs via Speed Services courier and has been at the Midrand post office since 16 September... RAASA said that they post office is not opening their doors so that Postnet can collect the post...!! :twisted:

I am living in the Western Cape and had to make use of a postal service to get the docs at RAASA. Will I be flying illegally if I have copies of the flight test and renewal documents with all the proof of payments in the aircraft with me?

I am not in the country at the moment but want to start flying soon when I get home!!

(Anyone maybe have connections at Midrand Post Office to get my documents out of the office?)

Jacques

NOTE: I will NEVER EVER use the post office again even if a courier is way more costly!! The post office has now proven its unreliability and it is affecting all of us... I just hope that RAASA and CAA will also use couriers instead of post office...
Actually you are unlicensed due to the single fact that your forms have not received by RAASA in the time limit from test to RAASA.
However RAASA (lets hope) should accept a copy of the original under the circumstanses with the Postal (non ) service.
See if they will accept a re submission of the forms (by courier) that has been re done (not test) by instructor.??
good luck but I will speak to Pierre at RAASA if I was you. he is pretty helpfull usually :wink:
Real men don't have to kill a Rhino for a Horn
Balls to the wall
Induna
Nothing beats flying
Nothing beats flying

Postby Induna » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 pm

thanks avgas!

i have spoken to Rita and it seems as if they will be willing if I email the copies in the meantime while they await the originals. I have sent the tracking details etc as well. the only problem is that I am not in the country to retrieve the documents from my home to scan and email it... Luckily I am going home in a week's time then I can try and sort it out...

J
ZU-IIJ | Zenith CH650B Taildragger
ZU-RHT | Magni M18 Spartan
HansH
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby HansH » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:20 am

A/C inspected on the 16th August and forms sent off on the 18th by registered post. Eventually received by RAASA about the 11th September. ATF issued and posted on the 16th September according to RAASA. It is now the 1st November and still no ATF. Tried the tracking "service" which does not work. Even the local PO has tried with no success. The phone tracking is "congested" whenever I try. So to all intents and purposes that ATF is lost.
And then I find out from RAASA that the medical certificate posted in May never arrived.
Unfortunately as long as the Dancing Teflon Ringmaster Who Lives In The Big House is number One and all the incompetent A**ehol*s that are appointed by him are in charge this country has absolutely no future and is steadily degenerating into a chaotic shambles.
Hans.