THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Matters of general interest
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Re: THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Postby mulderpm » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:49 am

mulderpm wrote:Hi Vernon, I will see what I can do. Your surname and reg?
Sorry Vernon. No one going to CAA. Only to RAASA. :(> Alan your call.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:13 pm

Sorry.
T.D. Mitchell
ZU-DUC.

It is registered in my son's name.
Cheers,
Vernon.
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Sorry Vernon. No one going to CAA. Only to RAASA. :(> Alan your call.[/quote]

Thanks Paul.
I was under the impression, RAASA was next to CAA. If I cannot get someone to collect, I will have to have it brought by courier. I am just trying to save a few hundred rand.
Regards,
Vernon.
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:02 pm

Vern, CAA is in Midrand and RAASA is at Rand AP. To courier just don't use the P.O. Sorry man.. :(>
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:22 pm

mulderpm wrote:Vern, CAA is in Midrand and RAASA is at Rand AP. To courier just don't use the P.O. Sorry man.. :(>
Thanks Paul. Definitely will not try the PO.
Cheers.
Vernon.
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:00 am

Sorry Vern, but I wont be able to collect for you. Thought I might be in midrand on Thursday but that jobs been cancelled.... Hope you come right with the courier. (^^)
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:22 pm

Bundy wrote:Sorry Vern, but I wont be able to collect for you. Thought I might be in midrand on Thursday but that jobs been cancelled.... Hope you come right with the courier. (^^)
Thanks Alan.
Craig strong will collect for me, and drop it off at Microland. Hans will be down shortly. I am able to wait, as I wont be flying until Dawie gets down here to give me a checkout. By then, I will have the ATF in my hand.
Thanks anyway.
Regards,
Vernon.
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Great that you are sorted Vernon. Just a thought / question. When is an aircraft released to service after an ATF? Is it when it has passed inspection and the AP has stamped and signed and sealed all the documents ready for submission to the authorities, or, when RAASA issues the ATF, or, when you have it in your hand? Maybe, because RAASA may have some reason, unbeknown to anyone, not to issue the ATF I would imagine you are allowed to fly the aircraft only when they have issued the ATF.???
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:54 am

mulderpm wrote:Great that you are sorted Vernon. Just a thought / question. When is an aircraft released to service after an ATF? Is it when it has passed inspection and the AP has stamped and signed and sealed all the documents ready for submission to the authorities, or, when RAASA issues the ATF, or, when you have it in your hand? Maybe, because RAASA may have some reason, unbeknown to anyone, not to issue the ATF I would imagine you are allowed to fly the aircraft only when they have issued the ATF.???
To my knowledge you must have the original document. This is part of the ramp inspection requirement.

However, it is also legal to fly with certified copies of the documentation...so....I see no reason why RAASA cannot scan the new ATF and e mail it to you? They are the Issuing Authority and thus can certify the copy? This would really help pilots from outlying areas who have to wait days and sometimes weeks for their ATF to arrive... :(

I believe to simplify this whole story RAASA must move to more electronic transfer of paperwork. If an AP is tasked with inspecting the aircraft for safety...why can this same AP not be tasked with checking the paperwork and scanning the applications? The AP can then e mail all the relevant doc's to RAASA...and the ATF can then be issued within hour or so of receipt? Think of how much time would be saved if you did not have to courier or post the documents back and forth! :wink:

This process is simple for us within driving distance...but think of the pain in the arse it is for guys like Vern who stay far away from Gauteng. :wink:
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Great Al. I fully agree. If we can do banking online and update/submit other confidential information over the internet (48 or more bit incripted) then RAASA should be able to follow.

Some time ago, when I was training on my own trike (AMH) RAASA eroniously issued my ATF as "Private" i.s.o. "Owner Training". I only realised this when I got home. They imediately issued a corrected version, e-mailed it to me and sent the orginal in the post. I was told that I could fly with a print out of the e-mailed version. I suppose if they have an original ATF on record and I have a print out of their e-mailed (certified?) copy, for the short term all should be legal. It is time that the process is improved, especially for the remote pilots. (^^) Motivation for having a certified copy in the aircraft can only be in the event of a spot check by some authority. For any other reason, RAASA has one on record for inspection....?

Anyway, AMH has a waterproof, colour, certified copy in the left pannier. ^

Had a lekker flight this morning. Very quiet on SRA E. Only Fanie, Merv & Larry flying....? The new wind sock..on the hangar...is BRIGHT orange....nice!!!
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Onthou die Potties fly in die naweek van 8November...jul is almal welkom om te kom oorslaap!!
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
ZU-AWA
ZU-DMM
ZU-AJO
ZU-AWF
ZU-BAI
ZS-WOR
ZU-TCT
ZU-DOD
ZU-CIE
ZU-BIW
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:33 pm

mulderpm wrote:Great that you are sorted Vernon. Just a thought / question. When is an aircraft released to service after an ATF? Is it when it has passed inspection and the AP has stamped and signed and sealed all the documents ready for submission to the authorities, or, when RAASA issues the ATF, or, when you have it in your hand? Maybe, because RAASA may have some reason, unbeknown to anyone, not to issue the ATF I would imagine you are allowed to fly the aircraft only when they have issued the ATF.???
To my knowledge, You may only fly when you have the original, then have a certified copy made for the ramp inspection. The certificate of release to service, is issued with the application forms for the atf, and only valid when the atf is issued. If your old atf has not yet expired, the previous certificate of release to service is valid until it expires. Others, may differ on the above.
As an AP, that is how I operate.
Cheers,
Vernon.
vernon11
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby vernon11 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:35 pm

I believe to simplify this whole story RAASA must move to more electronic transfer of paperwork. If an AP is tasked with inspecting the aircraft for safety...why can this same AP not be tasked with checking the paperwork and scanning the applications? The AP can then e mail all the relevant doc's to RAASA...and the ATF can then be issued within hour or so of receipt? Think of how much time would be saved if you did not have to courier or post the documents back and forth! :wink:

This process is simple for us within driving distance...but think of the pain in the arse it is for guys like Vern who stay far away from Gauteng. :wink:[/quote]

Could not agree with you more.
Cheers,
Vern.
Paul Meanwell
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Paul Meanwell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Electronic is the way to go.

I work with an international system for product certification and they have an online certificate system.
What I like about this system, is that the online certificate is the ONLY official certificate. Sure, you can print copies for your own records or use, but if the certificate is not available online, then there is NO certificate.

This makes it easy for anyone using the product to ascertain whether the certification is valid. The supplier of the product can offer a printed version, but anyone can go online and check if its valid.

The authorities control the online certificate. If it expires, its marked as such. If its withdrawn or suspended, same thing.

This would be a great way for RAASA to go in my opinion...............

(^^) (^^) (^^)
Drink Triple,
See Double,
Act Single!
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:09 am

I would support that 100% (^^)

Takes political will....something the regulators in SA do not have a whole lot of I'm afraid.... :wink:

Too busy telling everyone why they CANT do something...rather than thinking about how the COULD be doing it! :wink: