THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Matters of general interest
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Re: THE MICROLAND THREAD..."Home of the Tailwinds"

Postby mulderpm » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:35 am

Good morning. Some very bad news...

After we all left from the breakfast on Saturday, and Johannes was cleaning up, he was held up, beaten and robbed. When he got back to his room, at about 8, two robbers were inside waiting for him. They held him up at gun point and took his money, cell phone, all the airfield keys, TV's, computers and other stuff. He was tied up beaten and kicked in the face and ribbs and left in his room. Others living close to the threshold of 17 found him and untied him. When we arrived there on Sunday morning we found him in a state trying to recover some of his things that had been thrown into the veld. We gave him some money and reported the incident to the police. They arrived and spoke to him. (**)

He is all black and blue but seems to be OK. Stongs Johannes, our old faithfull.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:20 am

Glad to hear the Brekkie went well guys, and thank you to all who put in the effort. (^^)

I'm very sad to hear of Johanness's assault and robbery....this is not just petty theft anymore! :evil:

In addition to the electric fencing under construction, I am still in favour of added security in the form of 24hr guards on patrol....especially at night!
It does make a difference...and it is feasible financially if we all contribute as tenants towards it. I am happy to do so...but to convince the 50 or so "wreck owners" to pay more hangerage for the benefit of all is like pissing into the wind.... :roll:

Glad Jo was not seriously hurt or shot.... I will give him some financial support when I see him this weekend.

Sometimes I really hate this country... ##
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:21 pm

(**)
Sorry to hear.
Did they brake into Fanie,s and Hanse,s offices aswell ?
This make,s me angry !
If they succeed once they will come back for more.!
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:16 pm

No not that I could see.

But now they have the keys. ##

Crime is ....sometimes ....the worst part we have to live with.?. ## ##

A society riddled with disregard for the law will never be prosperous.

When you try to create opportunity, they will descend on it and destroy it. F@k them.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:37 pm

I am flying tomorrow AM. You are all welcome s023 :) :)
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:17 pm

I think someone better explain to Fanie that you cant actually push start a trike....no matter how long the runway is... :lol:
10690017_10203124994429352_7633565001945841695_n.jpg
Wow....I never thought a banana pod could be this interesting? :mrgreen:
10629805_10203118011774790_1199778643825779327_n.jpg

Photos courtesy of Andries. 8)
ME 109
Whats the right frequency?
Whats the right frequency?

Postby ME 109 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:20 am

What a superb weekend at Elands.....Plenty more photo's to post, Kevin busy editing....Will post more soon.
Andries Kruger
ZU-CSZ Aquilla 582 (Bumble bee)
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:05 am

Great pictures. Kevin is a maestro with a camera. He must just learn to watch his step... :wink:

Now for the real good news......

The Microland robbing, mugging, thieving, low lives have been caught. (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^)

Johannes's brother living in Daveyton (not the one at FABA) saw one of them riding Johannes's bicycle on Monday morning....what an idiot...luckily. The moersk@nt lives 5 houses from his brother. They confronted him and took him, and his accomplice, to Microland, where they were seriously re-orientated with numerous PK's & PS's. Hereafter, the police were called and they were arrested and delicately deposited into the back of the van.

They confessed to both, the previous cupboard break in, and the assult on Johannes and the robbery on Saturday. They denied being involved in the previous fridge robbery's...damit. Most of the stolen stuff has been recovered, including the gun. They were hired by Hans to cut the grass in the fields surrounding Microland. ## From here they watched and planned their robberys. Maybe the lapa re-thatching people should also be investigated for the other thefts.

Hans has been warned that no external/unscreened people must ever be hired again. The grass cutters accepted the cut grass as payment....I ask you... what is their intention. In my humble experience robberies are mostly commited by vagrant workors, doing piece jobs and therefore just passing through the area.

Thanks to Johannes's brother and the people of Microland for apprehending this filth. Wonder when they will be released....luckily they cant walk for a while.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Paul Meanwell
Going for flight test
Going for flight test

Postby Paul Meanwell » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:13 am

(^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^) (^^)
Drink Triple,
See Double,
Act Single!
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:51 am

This is great news. :) I heard about it this morning when I went past the airfield. Well done to all.... (^^) (^^) Rot in jail you bastards! ## ##

Right, firstly I must tell you that Hans and I had a little "chat" today. As you all know I was very critical of him in some recent posts and I will admit that I have said some things that have understandably caused him to be upset. My comments were written in anger and frustration which is never good and I would like to apologise to you all for ignoring my own better judgement and making them on an open forum....and to Hans personally for doing so. I should have handled the situation better, I'm sorry Gents. :wink:

Hans and I have settled our differences now amicably I believe, and although he saw my attack on him as a personal issue, I have explained to him that this is a direct result of not attending to numerous grievances from ALL of us regarding the gradual deterioration of an airfield we all care about. As much as I should not have said what I did here on this thread, he should also have handled us as tenants and concerned pilots in a more open and engaging manner. Perhaps then conflict would have been averted.

I have removed the comments I made as part of my apology...

That said, the positive thing that has come out of this is that he has agreed to meet with us in an open meeting where we can discuss the grievances and challenges we face at Microland. The lack of maintenance being undertaken is the most important factor we need to address. :wink:

On the agenda for this meeting we all need to sit down with Hans and air our views and suggestions towards how this will be tackled?
He needs to explain to us what the issues are from his side, and we need to work together to find the right solutions.
I hope I can count on all our stalwards to be at this meeting and have your say. ##
I want to stress that this meeting is going to be a pro active one! I want us to leave our personal issues at the door and concentrate on finding solutions.

This meeting will take place at Microland (either in the lapa or in the lecture room) on Saturday October 11th 2014 at 10am.

The meeting is only open to resident FABA pilots who hanger here, representatives of the flying school and the landlord.

Please make the effort to attend chaps and lets us all work together to find a workable solution.

If you could please RSVP here.....or send me an sms with your name. (oh seven 2 eight 2 3 234 one )

Mr Mulder, if you could please send notification of this meeting to all those on your database? vhpy

Many Thanks,
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Bundy wrote:Mr Mulder, if you could please send notification of this meeting to all those on your database? vhpy
Will Do.

I will be there.

I think we should distribute the agenda a couple of weeks before the meeting so that we can get some answers at the meeting.

I will PM mine to you Alan.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria
Frank Smallwood
Ready for the first flight

Postby Frank Smallwood » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Only caught up with forum today. Very sorry to hear about assault and robbery of Johannes equally glad to hear they were caught and that he got some of his possessions back. This sort of thing really makes one's blood boil. The b***tards are targeting those who have little and whatever they can get from this sort of robbery must be peanuts.
Cheers Frank
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:28 am

Thanks Paul, I did receive....I don't have much to add to that.

I will type up the Agenda and distribute to you all on Saturday.
Lima Delta
Looking at the sky

Postby Lima Delta » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Good evening Microlanders

Do any of you know the condition of the runway at Carolina (FACL) or know anybody I can contact with regard to that runway?
Help will be appreciated - the contact number given on FlightPlan does not get answered.
Thank you.
mulderpm
The Boss
The Boss

Postby mulderpm » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:09 am

Welcome LD. Last year on our way to Barberton we rather flew to Fred Sturges's runway, Fairview, just to the North of Carolina. Mervyn Rynolds at Microland, reported Carolina to be in a bad state.
Paul Mulder
Tailwinds are the best
ZU-DBC Aquilla
Pretoria