UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Matters of general interest
salem
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Postby salem » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 am

Read this text before watching the video of an F-35 unintentional loop at take-off on a carrier.

This guy clearly has brass and you know the sailors on the flight deck had a cow when they saw this unfold in front of them. Intentional? Hardly! This is unbelievable! An F-35 unintentional loop at take-off is a real "check your laundry" event.

A supremely well-trained US Navy pilot, ice running in his veins instead of blood, fully regains control of his $70 million F-35 joint strike force fighter after a problematic vertical take-off attempt...

Watch as the rear vertical thruster fires to cause the problem. There's nothing about this the pilot enjoys. If he could have ejected at 100' upside down and lived, he would have. Looks like the afterburner kicks in while still vectored for vertical take-off.

Lockheed would call this a "software malfunction" and do a little more "regressive testing." This is a good demonstration of power-to-weight ratio of this aircraft! And talk about stability control... wow!

If he didn't come out of the loop wings-level, it probably would have been bad news; maybe taking some of the carrier with him! Add to this flying through your own exhaust, which can lead to equipment malfunctions, as in "flame out."

The F-35 is single engine aircraft with vertical take-off/landing capability, but it has the aerodynamics of a Steinway piano at zero airspeed. This is the most unbelievable piece of flying you will ever see.

This guy's coolness saved a $70 million aircraft! On the other hand, he might not have had time to react to anything except just ride it.

I bet you'll watch it at least 2 times!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150113735642761
ZS-VFZ
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Postby Air Hog » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:39 am

Check again, flight simulator. Don't worry, it caught me the first time as well!!
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
cornell
Got my wings at last
Got my wings at last

Postby cornell » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:31 pm

BF3 :wink:
Petrol attendent in training
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:03 am

Air Hog is right. Sadly it is FALSE

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/f ... BFLqOeA.99
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:04 am

Ja Johan... sorry I was the messenger of bad tidings that time!

What's that saying - If it's tooooo good to be true - it ain't true... sort of winning millions of Euros in a competition you never entered!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Turbo
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Turbo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 pm

John Boucher wrote:
What's that saying - If it's tooooo good to be true - it ain't true... sort of winning millions of Euros in a competition you never entered!

hehehe too true!!! ## ## ##