Escourt Ultra City Discussion

Matters of general interest
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Re: Escourt Ultra City Discussion

Postby Tumbleweed » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 am

Brian Eminis was the culprit that bust the pilot...

If that pilot and the plane can land and takeoff in short spaces then whats the problem. There is a windsock and the land owner accepts people landing there...
Well done. Just shows that certain individuals think they're critically important role payers in aviation and don't even fly.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
nicow
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby nicow » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:19 am

Tumbleweed wrote:
Brian Eminis was the culprit that bust the pilot...

If that pilot and the plane can land and takeoff in short spaces then whats the problem. There is a windsock and the land owner accepts people landing there...
Well done. Just shows that certain individuals think they're critically important role payers in aviation and don't even fly.
:x :x :x
Nico
Limpopo Flight School
vliegskool@hotmail.com
Air Hog
The Boss
The Boss
Location: Kroon Airfield, Home of Rosslyn Microflyers, Pretoria

Postby Air Hog » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:31 am

John.com wrote:Would someone be so kind as to point out the 'airstrip'?

Where exactly is it?? :?
Hi John
Ultra.JPG
Johan Welman - aka Air Hog
"The sky is not the limit... it is where the fun starts!!"
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Broederstroom (Magaliesberg) - home airstrip Aeroden

Postby John.com » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 am

Air Hog wrote:
John.com wrote:Would someone be so kind as to point out the 'airstrip'?

Where exactly is it?? :?
Hi John
Ultra.JPG
Awesome, thanks! :wink:
John Comley
ZU-BST (the Beautiful Seductive Temptress)
Magaliesberg, South Africa
Read my flying blog here . . . http://johncomley.blogspot.com/

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Some people are so knowledgeable in the aviation industry and toss their "weight" around.... so sad!!

Just so that we are clear that the pilot was not fined or reprimanded for landing there... (much to the stupidity of the person that reported it - clearly needs education that aircraft do land at other places besides at AIR SHOWs!!!) Regrettably, the enforcement action highlighted a totally different transgression and we have cautioned all pilots to be aware of the following:

Should you be subject to an enforcement case: every possible aspect of your flying will be highlighted... yes ==>

MEDICAL, LICENSE CURRENCY, ATF, RADIO LICENCE, RATINGS, DID YOU LOG HOURS / FLY WHILST ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED WAS NOT VALID!

You are placed under a microscope... this whilst the capital can boom it's sounds without any idea of the drama it has caused!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
A Bushcat is Born - CH 211 C "Super Excited" :evil:
Turbo
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Turbo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:51 am

So are you saying, Mr Boucher that we can safely now flip the bird to this prick called Brian eminis??

Does anyone know the distance of the runway in mention? I would like to land there too, hopefully piss this Brian idiot off some more... :evil:
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:05 pm

You can fly there next year when we do the MISASA/Wings Park East London Fly In.... all legal like!
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby John.com » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Turbo wrote:So are you saying, Mr Boucher that we can safely now flip the bird to this prick called Brian eminis??

Does anyone know the distance of the runway in mention? I would like to land there too, hopefully piss this Brian idiot off some more... :evil:
FREQ: 129.1

RWY: 16/34 (500m)

ELEV: 3640ft
Attachments
Escourt Ultra.kmz
(561 Bytes) Downloaded 112 times
John Comley

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"
Bundy
Three Thousand
Three Thousand

Postby Bundy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:53 am

John Boucher wrote:Some people are so knowledgeable in the aviation industry and toss their "weight" around.... so sad!!

Just so that we are clear that the pilot was not fined or reprimanded for landing there... (much to the stupidity of the person that reported it - clearly needs education that aircraft do land at other places besides at AIR SHOWs!!!) Regrettably, the enforcement action highlighted a totally different transgression and we have cautioned all pilots to be aware of the following:

Should you be subject to an enforcement case: every possible aspect of your flying will be highlighted... yes ==>

MEDICAL, LICENSE CURRENCY, ATF, RADIO LICENCE, RATINGS, DID YOU LOG HOURS / FLY WHILST ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED WAS NOT VALID!

You are placed under a microscope... this whilst the capital can boom it's sounds without any idea of the drama it has caused!
What JB says above here is the most important point chaps. I see the accuser has been revealed but tread carefully with the remarks guys. He was within his rights to do so albeit with a total misunderstanding of the situation. All this does.. is highlight the different attitudes that exist within the flying world.

Moving away from this "incident" and speaking generally now...this is one of the big critisicms of the CAHRS reporting system. Annonimity in reporting creates a situation where personal vendettas are brought to the fore by abusing the way it works. The fact that a person can see an aircraft land at a landing ground which they do not even know about....then greet the pilot without even saying a word about your concerns and then later report the pilot via CAHRS tells me a lot about that persons character. But that's just my opinion. :wink:

I, just like you, am not immune to making mistakes in the air. I have twice been spoken to by more experienced and senior pilots about two separate "incidents" of my own doing. The difference is, they both took me quietly aside and without humiliation or any condescending attitude explained the way they felt about the situation. Both times I was unfortunately in the wrong and a simple apology and lesson learnt was the only consequence. No harm done and an ice cold beer tastes far better than a letter from the CAA. :roll: It's the old saying...."It's all about attitude"

The fact for me is that the CAHRS system can be abused, and I believe in many cases is. The sooner we can reach a better understanding with CAA in its application and hopefully be more involved as an ARO in its findings and consultations the better the system will work. I truly hope this will come to pass. I would much rather be "judged" by a group of my peers than by an administrator driving a desk in Midrand who probably does not even fly an aircraft.

Back to the point though...make sure your legalities are in place! The CAA will definitely look at your whole flying history as it appears on file.
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:30 pm

You sure frequency?
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby John.com » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Tumbleweed wrote:You sure frequency?
No, got it off the Google Earth list of airstrips!

Does anyone know better??
John Comley

HansH
Passed radio course
Passed radio course

Postby HansH » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:25 pm

124.8 would be a better bet.
Is the length of 500m confirmed to be correct ?
Keep in mind that in summer the Density Altitude could be 6-7,000'.
John.com
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby John.com » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:14 pm

HansH wrote:124.8 would be a better bet.
500m is slightly conservative, taken off Google Earth! Usable runway is probably more like 450m.
Escourt Ultra City - Runway Length.jpg
John Comley

Turbo
Top Gun
Top Gun

Postby Turbo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:11 pm

500m more than long enough for me --

All my legalities are in 100% condition -- welcome anyone to check this out any day of the week.

mmhh -- Mr Boucher, when you flying up this side of the world -- wanna meet at this little rendezvous?
John Boucher
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby John Boucher » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:50 pm

HansH wrote:124.8 would be a better bet.
124.8 is correct.

129.1 is for the DBN CTA A Johannesburg sector East-West FL145 and I doubt you will be that high ;-)
John Boucher
MISASA Chairman 2023
jb.brokers@gmail.com
chairman@misasa.org