Rhino Poaching Pilots, Vets and Game Ranchers

Matters of general interest
Blue Eagle
Flying low - mind the power lines
Flying low - mind the power lines

Re: Rhino Poaching Pilots

Postby Blue Eagle » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:28 pm

It's very sad then isn't it - that nothing can be done. If I had lots and lots of money then I'd hire hit-men to just take these people off our beautiful earth... wish there was someone who would do that....

Those pics are very upsetting guys.... :(

Linda
"Every day is an Air Show.... just watch the birds...."
Tumbleweed
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Tumbleweed » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:49 pm

i dont care if your innocent or not... guilty by association ... Such bullshit honestly and without geting into it as this is not the forum, ( and i do have some clue about the law)]
There's a contradiction.
Sling ZU FYE - For Your Entertainment
Station Kariba
First solo

Postby Station Kariba » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:00 pm

They stand in dock not even handcuffed. They should be serving their respective sentances in the natorious Chikarubi Prison in Zim and see if they see the light of day again. After all the were involved in poaching up there as well.
Graham Galloway
Z-RUM
Z-TOC
Z-HAY
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Rhino Poaching Pilots

Postby John Young » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:37 am

HappyWhenFlying wrote:Those pics are very upsetting guys.... :(

Linda
Hi,

Agreed - man at his worst again. :twisted:

Regards
John ZU-sEXY
Was a sEXY trike. Now registered as N457YJ
Blue Max
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer
Location: Elands River Bush and Quad Camp. Loskop Valey S25 01 55.70 E029 08 02.35

Postby Blue Max » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:34 am

It is very upsetting to see and read about this. :shock: :shock:
It has been going on for many years…. :evil:
I have many unanswered questions..
1.Why has it taken so long for everybody specially the police to get seriously involved with the Rhino killings.???
2. According to all the newspaper reports I have read there were Rhino carcassas found on some game farms, weapons and ammunition were also found..
Every single report which I have read about those people standing in the dock has to do with big game hunting and not dehorning rhino’s illegally…???
3. What I have experience in the past and also from what I read in newspapers, tells me that our Police Service is VERY INCOMPETANT… .
4. Ek is nie n rasis nie, en wil waag om die volgende stelling te maak….Daar is nie wit Suid Afrikaanse jagters en wildplaas eienaars betrokke by hierdie saak nie..
5..Wat de hel maak n Rhino horing so gesog?????????
Die onkunde van die mensdom.!!!????
6. Ek dink die polisie het die kat aan die gat beet..

Renosters is nie al wat in hierdie land gestroop word nie..!!!!!!!
Mense lewens, ( veral die van wit boere) ons plantegroei,( bome en bosse wat na willekeur uitgekap word as brandstof) net om n paar ander te noem…en wat doen die regering en polisie daaraan???
Ek is gatvol.!!!!
Ek praat jou thaal...
Visit www.opencockpit.co.za to read about my Namibiee adventure...
Hak
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Hak » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:12 pm

:evil: :evil: Pieter Smith jy kan nie, die MENS vertrou as dit by a klomp geld kom nie.As hulle dit gedoen het hoop ek hulle KAK in die tronk, met baie jare se straf???? F#@ hulle op??? :evil: :evil:
"THe suspense is terrible. I hope it will last."
Oupa-G
Pilot in Command
Pilot in Command

Postby Oupa-G » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:33 pm

South Africa made a great effort to protect the FIFA games the radars and the army and all the low level radars . Why not use this technology to protect the Rhino instead of a soccer ball. I will be happy to see tax money go there and it will be a good exercise on border control.

Cheers Oupa-G
Slider
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Postby Slider » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:39 am

Ek het die naweek met my motorfiets in die bos gaan ry. Dit was tussen Atlasville en Bonearo park toe ek op n TARENTAAL afgekom het. n Donnerse poacher het die ding in n strik gevang. Ek het gestop en die tarentaal losgemaak en dit was so n great gevoel toe ek sien hoe hy wegvlieg. My hande was vol bloed en net daar het n gevoel van wreedheid het oor my gekom, en ek sou daai poacher se tande vir hom getrek het (met n hammer) as ek hom gevang het. Ek gaan nou elke naweek daar ry om seker temaak al die strikke is vernietig.
ZU-ALW
Hanger 5-7
Microland
Tribal Croc
Frequent Flyer
Frequent Flyer

Postby Tribal Croc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:11 am

The worst part is that the animal does not die immediately but they end up suffering for a couple of days before they expire. We have had our fair share of poachers on our farm, from Zebra, blesbuck to the latest kuku's. We even had guys coming in with dogs chasing the animals into a corner. I have added the pictures of the last kuku that died in a snare - just look how deep cuts the cable made in the tree .it makes you think on how long the Kudu struggled before expiring. :shock:

This is a very sad issue, the fact that vets & game capturers are involved is sickening - these people are supposed to love and care for animals (**)

Good on you Slider (^^)
07082010715.jpg
07082010717.jpg
07082010717.jpg (76.96 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
07082010718.jpg
07082010718.jpg (56.47 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
Tribal Croc
ZU-ICanXplane
Bushbaby Explorer MK2
Tailwheel fun starts here

#exploringsouthafricanskies
John Young
The Boss
The Boss

Rhino Poaching Pilots, Vets and Game Ranchers

Postby John Young » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi,

Shocking photos Tribal Croc. :shock: Man at his worst again. :twisted:

I see a R44 and fixed wing have been confiscated which make the pilots in plural apt.

Regards
John ZU-sEXY
Was a sEXY trike. Now registered as N457YJ
Hak
Look I'm flying
Look I'm flying

Re: Rhino Poaching Pilots, Vets and Game Ranchers

Postby Hak » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:32 pm

(^^) (-) Do what they do in Tanzania.Trophy hunting permitted (limited) and meat goes to the comunity.
If you poach they shoot you or you go to jail on the other side of the country. Your family must feed you, if not you die of hunger very simple. (^^) (-)
"THe suspense is terrible. I hope it will last."
hurst
Signed up at flight school

Postby hurst » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:00 pm

The worst thing on this earth is humans... :?
This really upsets me, we also had an incident where a poacher's snare caught one of our most prized Arabian mares on one of the rear fetlocks, with the mare being missing for three days we set out to search for her and found her half dead snared to a tree. But, this is a success story and she survived as well as the filly she was carrrying at the mo. Unfortunately her leg is botched and she hardly ever moves...
I flew and saw the halo around my shadow on the cotton clouds, and I knew that this must be heaven.
Gyronaut
Toooooo Thousand
Toooooo Thousand

Postby Gyronaut » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:27 pm

I have had the privilege to be involved in one or two anti-poaching operations. I since understand the quote “There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” Ernest Hemingway, 1899-1961. I didn't do it long enough so I still care for lots else but I do highly recommend it.

The government should issue quota's on poachers and set the hunters loose on them. Prime sport because they shoot back if you're not smarter. Skiet die Bliksems vrek.
Morph
The Big Four K
The Big Four K

Postby Morph » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:29 am

I see there are 4 more arrests in on the front page of Die Burger today
Greg Perkins
apollolight
First solo

Postby apollolight » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am

One wonders how many other acts of cruelty go under the radar, but I'm glad that arrests have been made and this story has actually broke abroad...I sure hope that jail time is considered for all concerned as some rough justice will be metered out in there... I agree with Gyronaut and Ernest Hemingway, spent 6 years in the SADF and 5 in the SAPS seeing people (criminals) shot up, burned up and involved in road accidents simply never fazed me, but to see animal cruelty, well that upsets me...

I was proudly brought up to never shoot anything that cannot shoot back or unless your life was in imminent danger and also to live and let live, never harm any creature that is minding its own business...

One often sees the saying "leave nothing but footprints, shoot nothing but photo's"
Hunting and poaching is just so very 17th century... Unless you are an Alaskan, Canadian or Eskimo Indian living in harsh areas and need to hunt for survival let it go...

I'm counting on some real bad karma to come looking to get even for the rhino poachers and hunters - real bad karma...